Sign in to follow this  
Aletheia

3rd Eye = Dreamless Sleep

I was wondering if from the perspective of waking consciousness if 3rd eye stuff corresponds to dreamless sleep but being able to manifest that state within waking awareness. Because I'm claiming when I was posting here the other day I wasn't really awake at all.

It seems to me I entered into an expanded realm of awareness which occurred during meditation and that was the door of 3rd eye unlocking and opening up for the first time. It's not something I've experienced before so when I came out of it I opened my eyes and started posting here, but I was coming out of dreamless sleep and posting here while still in meditative dreamscape without realising I was still one step beyond!

(Not many people know it but electronic media is actually a mimetic dream fabric come alive inside a hardware environment -- technology dreaming -- a replication -- biomorphic machines come alive through synthetically crafted internal circuitry/nervous systems -- do androids dream of electronic sheep?)

In my dream, which I posted about in another thread on this forum prior to the above occurring, I fell asleep in my dream and went beyond dreaming consciousness there too and I was interpreting that as a message from the future at the time  -- I got a good dose of qi from an old friend which shifted things into another realm of understanding altogether and that was something I needed to be prepared for.

With 3rd eye states of awareness the passage of time breaks down -- past/present/future merge and subject-object distinctions melt into evaporating spatial grounds too!

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

When I was little I could open my jaw wide and click it. Then one day it got tight and wouldn't click any more and seemed like if I opened it too much it would lock in place.

That got healed during the opening of the 3rd eye!

It's not even something I've thought about for years but I opened my mouth and it creaked a little for the first few times and now its fixed!

It's pretty incredible there's an eternally present intelligence coursing through the life-world generally inaccessible to every day perceptions or other general notions of the nature of things. On the odd occasion it makes itself known, manifest in mundane reality, it's incarnated by the hand of the logos and a sign of what really is true.

Experiencing the process of these events becoming actual rather than just registering them as hard quantifiable facts from a position of detachment is the difference between the ontologist and epistemologist.

People can say yeah, but breathing does such and such so that's why your jaw's better and explain it away whilst looking through the lens of a purely materialistic horizon. Sure they can and good for them!

• Like 1

Sleeping dreams

Waking dreams

Interactive digital environments

Levels of dreaming and reality seem to overlap and I have had, since the age of a young child had this nagging sense that one day... I will wake up in the 'real world' in a very similar manner that I become lucid in my dreamscapes nightly...

I have experienced Hypnagogic Visions... where I wake up during a dream, open my eyes and see the dream playing out in the room I am sleeping in while my body is paralyzed.

I have experienced waking visions with eyes closed that were three days of experience, all while my body was standing in a shower.  Long enough for the water to go cold, but not three days.

Time, Now, Dream, Memory, Perception... where does real begin and end? 

So many things I've experienced in the 'not real' dreamscapes have affected me and taught me about my own inner nature and in memory they are as, and more vivid than many experiences I've had in the 'real waking world'... so to me, they are just as real.  for they have the ability to affect my sense of self, my understanding of my own nature and they resonate with me in memory as potently as anything I've ever experienced while awake.

It's intoxicating if I follow it too deeply with my monkey mind.   But the sense of it is always present.  That there are many levels to wakingness and beingness and they are all as relevant and real as all the others.

Thanks for sharing mate.  It's appreciated.

• Like 5

This sense of waking up while already being awake... seems like a hint. 

My sense of waking up is unique to waking up.  And how it can happen that my awareness can experience waking up, when my body and mind are clearly already in the midst of living is... seems like a big clue, to me anyway.  Like a key to a map. 

My body and mind are walking down the street, avoiding obstacles and not falling down... awake, like they do and then suddenly, "I" have the sense of 'waking up' and becoming lucid and present where previously I was not 'awake'. 

This repeated experience of feeling like I am just waking up in mid-step, while my body (and mind) are already clearly awake and engaging in life stuff... is reinforced in several memories of experiences... usually and at first it was after recovering from weaknesses or tough illness and having being stuck not just inside, but in bed for some time. 

But other times as well... it occurs in mid-step, middle of the night, while walking down the street and suddenly (just like becoming lucid in the deamstate) I will have the sense of 'waking up' and seeing everything there lucidly for the first time.

A tree on my block that I have walked by daily for a nine years is suddenly experienced as never before.

There is a dreamlike surreality to this waking up experience that bends any sense of one stable objective realness...

like the physical world being concrete and stable is not known to be illusory... I feel it.  I simply, deeply experience the malleability and dreamlike quality of every day life, and each time I experience it, it is the same... it is exactly like waking up suddenly and grabbing, or becoming aware of one's bearings. 

The experience is the same, whether I become lucid on my driveway or in my dream.

Ironic too, that a sense of waking up within reality would be reminiscent of dreaming...  like mirrored surfaces of ponds.  Am I under the water looking up, or on top looking down?  How can I be certain?

Reminds me that the beginning of my own personal experience of consciousness on this planet, as it mimicks my consciousness in dreams.

When I become lucid in a dream, the dream is always already transpiring... it's already in progress when I become lucid and wake up into it.  Then i start reacting and playing in the dream, but the dream and the setting of the dream, its whole world, pre-exists my lucidity.

And my experience of my own waking consciousness in this body is the same. 

I don't recall my birth, or the womb, or my first several years on the planet.  But at some point, I became lucid in this world, in my family and in this process that was already going on that they all told me is 'the real world'.

I became lucid in my body and this life, in the same way I become lucid in dreams. 

There is an emptiness here that is... a point of stillness in the midst of this... the pause of becoming lucid and 'being present'... that empty pause moment of waking that is like a key to me...

it feels more real than anything else.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

it feels more real than anything else.

Thanks!  I`m enrolled in the moment in Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche`s dream yoga course so your reflections seem very timely.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

WOW! Have you read his book?

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Wow, does this resonate with suspicions and tentative truths that orbit my awareness over the last decade or so...

This concept was first introduced to me by a long time friend who has had this in his noggin since he was a wee lad in the Mountains of the Northwest.  Can't wait to send this to him.  He's going to flip to hear this guy sharing and laying out his ideas in such clarity.

Thanks Mate!

11 hours ago, Aletheia said:

WOW! Have you read his book?

I wondered what was gonna be on http://coasttocoastam.com last night and 99% of the time I don't listen but was surprised (or synchronized) into this dude.

So I read the googlebook excerpts - which is quite a bit of his book. He has a longer talk on youtube. I had caught part of before but the audio quality is not as good as the book promotional.

but his only unique insight that I notice is his emphasizing "neuromelanin" as the ability to transduce energy into higher frequencies.

Now I know this works the opposite so that shrooms can convert radiation into electrochemical energy. But then the shrooms do become radioactive so you can't eat them anyway - still they "store" the radiation to cleanse the environment - and the shroom growth thrives.

Anyway also this Ph.D. lives in Amherst - he works at UMASS where I studied music ear training - when I did my first year of college in 1990 - at Hampshire College. there are 5 schools where you can take classes from any of them if you are admitted to one of the schools.

So then I checked back on coasttocoastam - and just as I suspected - he was not being interviewed!

He was supposed to be on the 2nd half of the show - and it's all night with tons of commercials. But then they had switched it to the first half of the show.

Actually Greg Bishop does the computer write-ups for the guests - that is his job. Bishop does http://radiomisterioso.com podcast.

Yeah - so also when he mentioned how the Sphinx was a real AFrican - and not just middle eastern - this was intriguing as we always are taught how the Egyptian pharoahs were Near Eastern or Phoenicians or something. Nope.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

@voidisyinyanghis old book is on libgen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_Genesis

urls are are at the top right where it says website and IP address. They are all blocked in the UK apart from the IP Address one. If you click the "Scientific articles"  option and do a search it searches jstor lol

My computer said that the contents would not download - problems with the document.

Oh well - I read through the articles on his website - it's just standard psychotherapy.

14 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

My computer said that the contents would not download - problems with the document.

Oh well - I read through the articles on his website - it's just standard psychotherapy.

go to the wikipedia link then click on the numbers next to where it says "IP Address"

Then the default selection is -- LibGen (Sci-Tech) So just search for qigong in the search box with the default setting as it is.

Then in the search results click in the "mirror" column where the numbers are, say on the "1" and then on the next page click "download."

Then if you change the default setting from LibGen (Sci-Tech) to "scientific articles" and search, that searches jstor's database. In those search results click on the "sci-hub" links in the left column.

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Try another mirror number if it's still not working and if still doesn't work try doing a "google search" for "libgen proxy" or use the Tor browser to browse the IP Address

Edited by Aletheia

Just now, Aletheia said:

Try another mirror number if it's still not working and if still doesn't work try doing a "google search" for "libgen proxy"

just downloaded a book. thanks.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this