Sign in to follow this  
AugustLeo

If you let go a little, you will have a little peace.

If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace.

If you let go completely, you will have complete peace.

~Ajahn Chah

If you let go a little, you will have a little peace.

If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace.

If you let go completely, you will have complete peace.

~Ajahn Chah

Great quote!

Yes indeedy!

Letting go of extrapolated fears and wishes is the root of all goodness in one's heart!

BUT, being in the moment with no preconceived notions of wants and desires nor FEARS -just being the best ya can be in the now is not so easy as it would seem, when there are real problems in the here and now...

My roomie-(who has severe Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) wandered off the day after Christmas, without his meds.... He was tracked down a few days ago by the woman who has his power of atty. (and thus can track his credit card)...But he has not communicated with any of his friends or the Christian Charity folks who over-see his meds etc...It is very worrisome indeed as to what harm he can bring to himself- he has no physical strength at all and is the most timid man I have ever known of..

.He needs protection from himself and others quite often, as he has been known to go into strangers' homes and crash-out on their couch until awoken and brought to the cop-shop etc...

I can only have been wooried about him, but it is the projected fears of what nuttyness he will do next that is My problem in this situation...and quite difficult to calm. Meditation helps a lot but when there is a "great unknown" factor of some importance in yr life -letting go aint easy!

And that is when it is sometimes most needed as we go about doing what must be done to get on with our lives...The rational process can superceded the emotional but there is often more effort needed when troubles arise...

Great post Wayfarer.It is certainly a challenge when dealing with the care of others,to provide the support but not get attached to the outcome.It is easy to say let go, but it is only when we are in the furnance do we know if we can handle the fire.On a certain level I think it is impossible to interact in the world and with other people and remain impassive,thus the urge to head to the moutains and cultivate in solitude.

Sign in to follow this