Sign in to follow this  
Pteropticon

Hello!

Hello all. I've been a pagan my whole life, and recently got more into Buddhism and Zen. I  just recently discovered the Tao Te Ching and fell in love. Most other spiritual books lack a certain honest essence that I found abound in the Tao Te Ching, and it has made me re-think my spiritual identification. I now consider myself both a Taoist and a Pagan, and would love to hear from others with a similar background on what that means to you.

I think its great to approach spirituality from a Taoist background. It sure leaves me with a lot of lasting peace knowing I always have something to return to outside of the materialism on a daily basis. In my youth, I got into a lot of traps that left me with quite a lot of damage to my Psyche. I'm currently trying hard to let go of all that negativity, and to try to return back to my true nature.

Blessed be

• Like 2

Hello Pteropticon, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Pteropticon,

I see no problem with you supplementing your Pagan background with Taoism.  And I agree, Taoism seems to be more "real" than most other belief systems.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

@Marblehead thank you for approving the post & for the helpful message!

One question - when I try to go to the "Off Grid" forum I get the message "You do not have permission to view this content.". Is this what you mean by restricted access? In other words, once I post fifteen posts, will I gain access to this forum?

Cheers!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pteropticon said:

@Marblehead thank you for approving the post & for the helpful message!

One question - when I try to go to the "Off Grid" forum I get the message "You do not have permission to view this content.". Is this what you mean by restricted access? In other words, once I post fifteen posts, will I gain access to this forum?

Cheers!

You've got it. To my knowledge, this is the owner's decision so that if I do approve someone who joined only to make problems for us it won't take too much time for the moderators to clean up after them.

After the probation period you will have the same full access as any other member.

Sign in to follow this