Sign in to follow this  
allinone

This world is not real

There is no stationary self what is part of this world. You might not even have any control over what you think you have control over.

• Like 2

This OP led me to look up some quotes from Socrates - so here we go :)

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

An unexamined life is not worth living.

To find yourself, think for yourself.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.

By all means marry: if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.

Let him that would move the world first move himself.

I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.

Beware the barrenness of a busy life.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, allinone said:

i know a lot tho, because i don't share my knowledge.

You sure do spread your BS around though.  (Sorry.  The devil made me do that.)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

You sure do spread your BS around though.  (Sorry.  The devil made me do that.)

its ok, i read the underling tones.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, allinone said:

There is no stationary self what is part of this world. You might not even have any control over what you think you have control over.

This does not seem to relate to the topic title.

Whether or not 'you' are 'stationary' has no bearing on the 'real'-ness of this world. It *might* have some bearing on the reality of 'you'.

'You' having control is even less relevant to anything being real. There is nothing to say reality is subject to your whims.

• Like 3

Reality (the Manifest, Yu) is just as real as is Spirituality (the Mystery, Wu).

Change is the process of the universe.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wstein said:

Whether or not 'you' are 'stationary' has no bearing on the 'real'-ness of this world. It *might* have some bearing on the reality of 'you'.

'You' having control is even less relevant to anything being real. There is nothing to say reality is subject to your whims.

ok,

6th consciousness, thinking mind. You wish, and your wishes are granted.

So whatever you do, is not actually your doing, even your wish of a doer is granted, you get a feel that you do something.

it is like a dream but a mirrored version. In a regular dream you are 5 consciousnesses

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Reality (the Manifest, Yu) is just as real as is Spirituality (the Mystery, Wu).

Change is the process of the universe.

im interested as what you do with that knowledge?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allinone said:

im interested as what you do with that knowledge?

Live.

That is, live based upon reality (the Manifest).  It won't be long and we each will return to Wu (the Mystery) and if we have any awareness of that condition then we can concern our self with that when the time comes.

Yu (the Manifest) is where we are now.  Awareness is key to a good life.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wstein said:

12 hours ago, allinone said:

6th consciousness, thinking mind. You wish, and your wishes are granted.

So whatever you do, is not actually your doing, even your wish of a doer is granted, you get a feel that you do something.

it is like a dream but a mirrored version. In a regular dream you are 5 consciousnesses

This indicates why you don't perceive there is any 'control', though it only indicates the control is not at the level of the world itself. Still this has no bearing on if you or the world is 'real'.

12 hours ago, wstein said:

This indicates why you don't perceive there is any 'control', though it only indicates the control is not at the level of the world itself. Still this has no bearing on if you or the world is 'real'.

igf you start watch something first time then it takes time till the skandhas(layers what make up a being) are in place and you believe it is real. There is also second set of layers, what are mind based, so you can cultivate from first set of layers and the knowledges there doesn't depend on location, as i don't need to have actually there to know and get feelings etc

So basically you have the things what you see or experience these are empty for you at first. You will get after seeing second time a 1st set of layers then you can start cultivate that layer and get knowledges what doesn't relay on location from sense organs derived information.

Edited by allinone
  • Like 1

basically you are right. I just don't have to go somewhere or figure something out what could be shared, because its all nonexistent.

You can pick object with your hand and feel it and know that you picked it up, can count that it is one object etc. about 10 years you have new body, but you don't notice it, it is too gradual process. So you can have the human body and you have a self is developed layerly you can have those ideas and think it is real.

Edited by allinone

2 hours ago, allinone said:

igf you start watch something first time then it takes time till the skandhas(layers what make up a being) are in place and you believe it is real. There is also second set of layers, what are mind based, so you can cultivate from first set of layers and the knowledges there doesn't depend on location, as i don't need to have actually there to know and get feelings etc

The five aggregates are inherent to every sentient being. Practices help us to dissolve and let go of those concepts, thus realizing emptiness and alleviating suffering.

I am not exactly sure of what you are saying here. Can you explain, please?

5 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

The five aggregates are inherent to every sentient being. Practices help us to dissolve and let go of those concepts, thus realizing emptiness and alleviating suffering.

I am not exactly sure of what you are saying here. Can you explain, please?

sentient being is the 5 skandhas. You start cooking new food. So you start develop skandhas and the discovery of new things, your perception widens, you get new insights etc. You will also cultivate sameness, knowledge from past food experiences. Then also you can play things through head without doing anything, learning, preparing.

skandhas groups these things into order, so you can know what phenomena or experience belongs to what group.

So with the object, like food cooking you go through all sorts of challenges, these points, feelings are also your body. You can notice these points and start then cultivate them. So you can know what habit will initiate what and eventually you can initiate it with your own mind.

Just thinking about something and vision happens and you can use that to enter body and clear a obstacle, also knowledge rises.

-------

same what you said.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, allinone said:

same what you said

Thanks for the clarification.

My world is still real.  I just pinched myself and it hurt.  I won't be doing that again for a while.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, allinone said:

So basically you have the things what you see or experience these are empty for you at first. You will get after seeing second time a 1st set of layers then you can start cultivate that layer and get knowledges what doesn't relay on location from sense organs derived information.

Ok, so your ability to perceive/know has to develop. Still that does not affect the reality of anything but perhaps your internal state. Whatever it is that might be perceived or known was always out there even when you are unaware of it. You becoming aware of it does not change the reality of it.

Further you gaining experience or knowledge does not indicate the reality of anything other than perhaps you. One could easily be dreaming or deluded while being completely detached from any reality 'outside' you. Thus you might think/remember something or sometime, but that does not mean it occurred in any substantive objective sense.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Songtsan said:

Even 'fake' things have a reality

But only in the mind if we are talking about concepts.  If we are talking about manifest things then, yes, we get fake miracle products all the time.

9 hours ago, wstein said:

Thus you might think/remember something or sometime, but that does not mean it occurred in any substantive objective sense.

Yea!!!  Another Materialist.  I'm not alone any more!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wstein said:

Ok, so your ability to perceive/know has to develop. Still that does not affect the reality of anything but perhaps your internal state. Whatever it is that might be perceived or known was always out there even when you are unaware of it. You becoming aware of it does not change the reality of it.

Further you gaining experience or knowledge does not indicate the reality of anything other than perhaps you. One could easily be dreaming or deluded while being completely detached from any reality 'outside' you. Thus you might think/remember something or sometime, but that does not mean it occurred in any substantive objective sense.

so you suggest that when you die, then you will continue to experience the same reality you died in?

if there is a comparision that this life is like a dream, then when you die, you either don't die but awake other place in this same dream, or the other version is you wake up for real.

So a nightmare is you wake up and think you are for real woken up, but in truth you still are dreaming.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, allinone said:

so you suggest that when you die, then you will continue to experience the same reality you died in?

I did not suggest that.

IF in fact you were experiencing an actual life, then it stops when the life ends. If you were dreaming or imagining a life, then you can continue to experience it.

Further, as per dreaming, 'experiencing' has little to do with the reality of the things being experienced. As such, experiences tell nothing about how real the context of that experience was. Even more problematic is that most of what passes for experience is actually memories of experiences. Even in ordinary situations, memory is less than perfect.

Sign in to follow this