s1va

Silence and energy

What is the relation between silence and energy?  Is silence the source of energy?

• Like 5

It's easier to experience energy in silence, I also feel that energy does it's thing best when in silence.

I sometimes see energy as the background workings of the subconscious mind in the present moment.

• Like 6

Silence and energy are like two sides of the same coin. Silence is the transmission side, energy (feeling it) is the reception side. One side is like digging a hole deeper, the other is like filling the hole up with clear water. Back and forth it goes. Like being opposite sides of a spectrum, everyone tends to lean to one side or the other. Different traditions are based upon this perceptional difference.

At deeper levels, it is seen that they are really the same thing. Ultimately energy is simply the motion of silence. 

• Like 10

We are awash with various forms and frequencies of energy, some of which we are consciously aware but most of which we are not -- electromagnetic energy, nuclear energy, gravitational energy, thermal and kinetic energy.  We are also awash in a more subtle energy which is foundational.  Like someone softly singing on a bustling city street, the song is usually lost in the noise.

In silence, the song can be heard.  The Quakers say it is the same still small voice of God which Elijah heard.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Brian said:

We are awash with various forms and frequencies of energy, some of which we are consciously aware but most of which we are not -- electromagnetic energy, nuclear energy, gravitational energy, thermal and kinetic energy.  We are also awash in a more subtle energy which is foundational.  Like someone softly singing on a bustling city street, the song is usually lost in the noise.

In silence, the song can be heard.  The Quakers say it is the same still small voice of God which Elijah heard.

this is beautiful Brian

• Like 5

Silence is energy in stillness. Phenomena are energy in movement. Energy is not a material power, it is consciousness itself. 

• Like 8

Silence is the source of everything including ourselves. What the silence is nobody can really say, but even if we can't say what it is we can be it, or rather we can recognise we already are it and remain as that rather then dream we are something else.

The relationship between silence and energy is a good question and is a kind of mystery as even when energy is flowing most intensely silence can be found at the centre of it. When it comes to the human body finding the silence at the centre of a knot or blockage is one way of liberating it and restoring the energy flow, as an issue needs constant movement or noise to be kept alive but when held in stillness or silence it dissolves. So silence is the great liberator of energy, it is also the great harmoniser if one can submit or surrender to its intelligence, so I guess we can say some things about the characteristics or functions of silence

• Like 7

I consider silence as the state when we are receiving and storing reserve energy.  I consider silence as a primary condition for the state of wu wei.

• Like 4

I was looking on the internet for info on Zhan Zhuang and came across a website on Yi Quan which described Qi in the following way ...

If we describe (human) Qi as 'those processes of the body/mind that are outside conscious control' than we would cover most aspects.

http://www.yiquan.org.uk/art-zz.html

which goes along the lines of it being some kind of subconscious 'thing'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miffymog said:

I would also have agreed if you had said "... some kind of natural 'thing'."

On 7/22/2017 at 8:35 AM, kāvēri said:

What is the relation between silence and energy?  Is silence the source of energy?

I did my master's thesis on this - calling it "sound-current nondualism" back in 2000. But then I had to keep digging deeper.

The West equates silence with stillness but I completely disagree with this.

So when we say "energy" then people turn to Western terminology.

But in fact if we delve deeply into Western science we find the answer to your question.

There is something called "time-frequency uncertainty" in Western science that states the foundation of reality is eternal motion - to put it in different terms - this is also called "noncommutative phase."

So for example light has no rest mass but light does have relative mass called when light is "heavy."

What that means - I called this the Sigh-Lense as the secret of Silence.

Yan Xin - Secrets & Benefits of Internal Qigong Cultivation - OliveSlate

www.oliveslate.com/yan-xin-secrets-benefits-of-internal-qigong-cultivation.html
By Drew Hempel, M.A. ... training there can be no thoughts of lust - which means silence or what I call the Sigh-Lens. ... So the lower chakra is the color red in most of the chakra systems but in Taoism the heart is red as fire - as the dragon.

1 How music theory explains spiritual science and ... - OliveSlate

www.oliveslate.com/nisathelifeandwordsofakungwomanpdf.html
By Drew Hempel, M.A. ... training there can be no thoughts of lust - which means silence or what I call the Sigh-Lens. ... So the lower chakra is the color red in most of the chakra systems but in Taoism the heart is red as fire - as the dragon.
My masters thesis research revealed how the yin and yang of Taoism and qigong healing ... Mouna Samadhi remains -- "silence" as truth or what I call the "sigh-lense." ... (This post was last modified: 08-11-2009, 12:58 AM by drew hempel.).

Music is the only true sprirituality -- to hear the SIGH-LENS. ... church every Sunday and believes in the historical Jesus but he teachers were traditional Taoists. ... http://drewhempel.gnn.tv and http://nonduality.com/hempel.htm for more details.

So when light is "turned around" technically time is zero but since light has no rest mass there is a hidden energy to light that is actually reverse time - called "quantum relative entropy."

That means there is no "stillness" - instead there is eternal motion and this is also the secret of the Tai Chi as the Wuji.

So another way to say this is that listening has no beginning nor any ending.

Or you can say, "No One is Listening."

To put it in terms of logic, all thoughts are based on the I-thought and yet if we repeat, I-I-I, as the source of all thoughts, the I-thought itself does not refer to anything said or heard.

And yet listening goes on - in India this is called "mouna samadhi" but in fact it is eternal energy as consciousness.

So in Taoism it is stated - that the highest sound that can not be heard then leads to the Tao.

Science has now revealed that the highest pitch or sound we can hear, actually resonates our whole brain as ultrasound which in turn resonates our collagen, the most common protein, into quantum microseconds.

For example we respond faster to sound, then to light, which is why a gun shot is used to start a race, not a visual signal.

And so the difference between our right and left ear occurs on the rate of microseconds which is the wavelength of ultrasound frequency.

The microseconds are synchronized as quantum entanglement - which means there is actually a resonance that is faster than the speed of light.

I go into this in my blog - http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com - I have articles on this topic.

But I'll quote a physicist who describes it well:

Manfred Euler's 2013 description of acoustic STM - Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy builds on his previous connections between the quantum acoustic realms.

Near-field imaging with sound waves compelling demonstrates the inadequacy of pictorial realism and promotes more abstract views of the reality displayed.
A comparison of sound and matter waves clarifies that these [noncommutative] limitations exist in principle.
2016: de Broglie clocks as synchronization: a tangible model of how mass emerges.
matter waves are locally in phase with the particle clocks (de Broglie's Law of Phase Harmony).

The clock runs forever so it's self-sustaining (consciousness-energy). It resonates with the quantum vacuum. The harmonic beats create dynamic energy.

So then you have a "phase particle" that can be faster than the speed of light - superluminal - and a "mass particle" that is slower than the speed of light as the "group wave" of the "phase wave." The beats of the phase wave then are "in resonance" with the quantum vacuum - and so create mass from the massless field, explaining the Higgs mechanism.

"Universal coherence" - a "mind boggling outlook."

Coherence as consciousness.
"Ghost Tones"

Manfred Euler is a Professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Kiel.

So normally we are taught that the foundation of reality is random but in fact this is a later construct of the wrong math from the wrong music theory.

So originally music theory did not rely on a physical string or tube to measure sound - in stead music theory was based on listening as perception to consciousness.

So this original listening was realized to be complementary opposites - the secret of the Tai Chi and also the secret of the "three gunas" in India and from the 1-4-5 music intervals universal to all human cultures.

In the West this got covered up by using symmetric mathematics.

So if the One is C as geometry, then the 2 is the octave as C while 3 as overtone harmonic is G yet 3 as subharmonic undertone is F - at the same time.

That is the secret meaning described in the Tao Te Ching - and called "noncommutative phase" in quantum relativity.

So you have the Tai Chi as eternal listening as energy creation from complementary opposites that also consciously guides reality, as the above quote describes the Law of Phase Harmony.

For the actual training based on this secret of silence as the Sigh-Lense see free pdf https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

Edited by voidisyinyang

12 hours ago, Miffymog said:

I was looking on the internet for info on Zhan Zhuang and came across a website on Yi Quan which described Qi in the following way ...

If we describe (human) Qi as 'those processes of the body/mind that are outside conscious control' than we would cover most aspects.

http://www.yiquan.org.uk/art-zz.html

yeah, well,

until the time you meet somebody who has conscious control. Then this description becomes obsolete of course

• Like 6

4 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

yeah, well,

until the time you meet somebody who has conscious control. Then this description becomes obsolete of course

ummm, good point...

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Marblehead said:

With enough points you can make a circle.

See a circle from far enough away and it becomes a point again :)

• Like 3

For me the author which better explored this point was Krishnamurti. It's very worthwile a thorough study of what he said about it.

On 7/22/2017 at 2:35 PM, kāvēri said:

Silence is internal whereas speech is external.

The internal is cultivated by silence and thereby allows the creation of energy.

Speech flows into the external thereby leading to the expenditure of energy. Thoughts also expend energy to a lesser extent but as our internal chatter exceeds our external talk then thought must be considered a loss of silence.

As regards silence being the source of energy? Energy simply "is". Silence allows us to cultivate energy within ourselves. Mental silence being the ultimate requirement but a reduction is frivolous talking makes a good start.

'Silence is deep as Eternity, speech is shallow as Time.'

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, kāvēri said:

One of my practices is to experience and connect with silence.

We are very accustomed to listening to noise and sound but we are not used to listening to silence.

When we first start trying to listen to silence it can be challenging, the mind always guiding us to something more defined or filling the silence with the inner dialogue and impressions.

There comes a time when you begin to really hear silence.

As the connection to silence becomes clear and stable, the presence that is aware of that silence dawns in a very powerful way.

I'm not much for trying to explain or define too much, I prefer the experiential side.

The relationship between silence and energy seems to be similar to the relationship between form and space.

From a non-dual perspective they cannot be said to be different and yet they are clearly distinguishable.

I would suggest that silence and energy imply one another and contain one another.

It is the perceptive and interpretive faculty of living beings which tease the two apart in a never ending act of creation.

• Like 5

My wife and I have had a couple of very powerful experiences that were both internal and together.

One was of the thunder within silence... we experienced it when we sat down to rest in a deep ravine in the Bad Lands of South Dakota while hiking one very hot afternoon in August on our honeymoon. 

Suddenly we both looked at each other, eyes widening in the dawning realization of the absolute silence present with us... in us... through us.

We abided in it sometime and slowly, dawning, growing from the essential core of this silence... came a thunder so profound, so palpable it seemed it would shake our very bones apart.

This alchemical experience changed us both. 

silent thunder 

• Like 6

Science is discovering that different parts of our brains are engaged when we converse audibly with others, when we talk to ourselves silently, and when we talk to ourselves out loud. All three types of conversation use different areas of the brain.

Now a days most of my conversations are between me, myself and I.

I find them very entertaining!

• Like 3