Brian

Replacement Migration

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

They sure have fucked that up, haven't they?

Yes, but I would argue that is by design -- they are fulfilling their agenda with the knowledge it would be messy.  Individuals don't matter, you see, only centralized control of the global collective.  Here's the final paragraph in the "Conclusions and Implications" summary chapter:

Finally, the new challenges being brought about by declining and ageing populations will require

objective, thorough and comprehensive reassessments of many established economic, social and political

policies and programmes. Such reassessments will need to incorporate a long-term perspective. Critical

issues to be addressed in those reassessments would include (a) appropriate ages for retirement; (b) levels,

types and nature of retirement and health-care benefits for the elderly; (c) labour-force participation; (d)

assessed amounts of contributions from workers and employers needed to support retirement and health-

care benefits for the increasing elderly population; and (e) policies and programmes relating to

international migration, in particular replacement migration, and the integration of large numbers of

recent migrants and their descendants. In this context, it should be noted that immigrants to one country

are emigrants from another country. As such, international migration must be seen as part of the larger

globalization process taking place throughout the world, influencing the economic, political and cultural

character of both sending and receiving countries. While orderly international migration can provide

countries of origin with remittances and facilitate the transfer of skills and technology, it also may entail

the loss of needed human resources. Similarly, international migration can provide countries of

destination with needed human resources and talent, but may also give rise to social tensions. Effective

international migration policies must therefore take into account the impact on both the host society and

countries of origin.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

Marx, Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler all tried that and it didn't work.  I wonder how the UN's ego got so huge that they believe they can control the universal processes of nature.

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Marx, Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler all tried that and it didn't work.  I wonder how the UN's ego got so huge that they believe they can control the universal processes of nature.

Hubris is a curious thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

Hubris is a curious thing.

and dangerous too.  Thing is, they are playing with other people.  Not cool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

and dangerous too.  Thing is, they are playing with other people.  Not cool.

No, not cool at all.

• Like 1

Nothing would be healthier for our ecosystem than a decline in human population...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steve said:

Nothing would be healthier for our ecosystem than a decline in human population...

I want the ecosystem to be healthier too. 

Can you help ...

It is said every little bit counts. 

• Like 2

Lately, I've been thinking of our species as a collective cancer on the skin of our Mother...

Perhaps spiritual practice is the only Medicine

• Like 3