Aletheia

Where can I learn about Mudras?

I saw this video and thought it was pretty good -

It was that guy in any case. I didn't re-watch the video.

Does that guy know what he's talking about?

And is that it pretty much? I'm not looking for books and really in-depth explanations just simple stuff like the video.

18 hours ago, Aletheia said:

And is that it pretty much? I'm not looking for books and really in-depth explanations just simple stuff like the video.

If you are looking for the simple stuff, absolutely this is it.

Google yoga and mudra and you can get more of the simple stuff. 

And then there is the not simple stuff.

• Like 2

In general this is very subtle stuff.

Typically it is recommended against unless you understand it somewhat:

The reasoning is that one could meditate with open palm or closed palm or clasped hands and it is neutral.

When using mudras specific effects occur - if as an example you always touch the forefinger and the thumb then a specific energetic pattern takes place vs general. If this is always the way you practice because it "looks" good and becomes habit then eventually it creates imbalance - though it might take quite a long time if the reasons given are actually that shallow.

It is fun to play around with and feel the energy changes - if you get that far then really look into it - they are tools for balance and opening. There is a reason many statues of high spiritual figures have specific hand positions.

I also remember somewhat suddenly moving into specific hand positions during several situations for no apparent reason other than a sudden and certain impulse to do so. They effect many things not the least of which is sending and receiving energies and also in popping certain circuitry.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Spotless said:

I also remember somewhat suddenly moving into specific hand positions during several situations for no apparent reason other than a sudden and certain impulse to do so. They effect many things not the least of which is sending and receiving energies and also in popping certain circuitry.

yes

On 23/07/2017 at 6:03 PM, Spotless said:

In general this is very subtle stuff.

Typically it is recommended against unless you understand it somewhat:

The reasoning is that one could meditate with open palm or closed palm or clasped hands and it is neutral.

When using mudras specific effects occur - if as an example you always touch the forefinger and the thumb then a specific energetic pattern takes place vs general. If this is always the way you practice because it "looks" good and becomes habit then eventually it creates imbalance - though it might take quite a long time if the reasons given are actually that shallow.

It is fun to play around with and feel the energy changes - if you get that far then really look into it - they are tools for balance and opening. There is a reason many statues of high spiritual figures have specific hand positions.

Thanks for the help.

I can feel energies. I had a kundalini awakening and opened up the DT, filled it, open up the heart, filled it and just recently opened up the 3rd eye too and am in the process of filling it. I performed a miracle healing on my friend's leg too!

Right now I can feel fizzing above my head and I hope to fill the 3rd eye and have an authentic spiritual experience when the top of my head opens up!

I could feel the 3rd eye in 3 places on my face -- a big hole in the forehead, more concentrated in the brow area and then a tickling down the nose.

That was before the 3rd eye opened up which was like being inside a black hole with very heavy magnetic forces at play on my head and face. Then afterwards I could feel the 3rd eye goes around the head and it doesn't really look forward at all! There was a field extending outward from the head. I'm just getting in to it now because it only just happened.

But I do have clarity that I didn't have before and can see what other people can not which I have to adjust to because I realised I made a mistake in interpreting something too literal concerning the problems of someone else I thought they were consciously thinking about me when in fact what I was seeing was a projection of the egoic unconscious they were unaware of!

So I feel a bit bad and stupid for being too direct with the person even though the guy was attacking something I know to be true!

I need to learn to be more like mayweather in the ring -- all seeing eyes, and say nothing! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQjvXRcnPvw

Anyway, when I tried the okay sign I was looking at my hand and then noticed my DT was getting hot!

Edited by Aletheia

Excellent in handling these things - it is changing, has changed and will continue to change - great to see you are feeling the magnetics - this is a big step where you are feeling it and your description - it was like this some 44 years ago for me.

The. Magnetic center will move into the center of the head - the inside of the nose will go all the way to the teeth and the three ey s are just the beginning.

The crown and beyond is something you will probably find a different package of surprises all together.

Getting to neutral in what you see without judgement - this takes work - don't let it go to your head - this is both big stuff and tiny stuff.

In any case - big happy congrats to you!!

On 26/07/2017 at 7:10 AM, Spotless said:

Excellent in handling these things - it is changing, has changed and will continue to change - great to see you are feeling the magnetics - this is a big step where you are feeling it and your description - it was like this some 44 years ago for me.

The. Magnetic center will move into the center of the head - the inside of the nose will go all the way to the teeth and the three ey s are just the beginning.

The crown and beyond is something you will probably find a different package of surprises all together.

Getting to neutral in what you see without judgement - this takes work - don't let it go to your head - this is both big stuff and tiny stuff.

In any case - big happy congrats to you!!

Thanks Spotless!

Right now I have a good DT and I'd guess about 5% of the 3rd eye and honestly I'm more than grateful for it.

Edited by Aletheia

At home, I'm neutral, hands folded against dan tien feels right.. gathering.  Meditating outside I have palms up, on knees, thumb touching first 2 fingers feels open.. soaking in the energy. 

At my low level mudras are Pavlovian, putting my hands a certain way brings me back to the state I practice in.  At higher levels they're much more.

• Like 1

My jaw got healed the other day while I was going on about opening the 3rd eye. Which if the West actually had even a semblance of working myths and rites I wouldn't have been posting on the internet about these things like a madman while on the pathway back to my senses!

And I said I'd sent my dad some healing energy while I had all the magnetic forces at play in my head. So I was thinking how to ask him about it and I ended up calling him and asking if he'd been doing his breathing practice and he gave the usual sarcastic reply "YES I'M BREATHING HAHAHA" so I said, "well, how's your arm?" and he said, "not great" but then he said in a quite concerned voice "I was thinking about you a couple of days ago, are you alright?"

BAHAHAAHA! so I think I'll knock my long distance healing on the head for a few years!

Edited by Aletheia

9 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Mudras: Yoga for the Hands by Gertrud Hirschi. That is a great resource on mudras. 

Thanks. I'll get that book!