Sign in to follow this  
MatthewQi

Northeast USA Winter Sky

If your in the Northeast, excellent night to view the Winter Sky if you can bring yourself outside in this very cold weather. Sirius is twinkling Red and Blue, Mars is extremely bright, etc. Nice time to see if any star calls to you and do some connecting...

Matt

One thing I always loved about going on vacation up on Lake Champlain was that the milky way was SO much brighter, so much more vivid. Plus we were usually up there during a meteor shower...but wait, I'm talking august right now :lol:

Winter sky is always the best around here because of how much darker it is. I think some day I will invest in a better telescope that has GPS on it so I dont spend so much time freezing my butt off and waving my telescope at blank parts of the sky :lol: I like my highest power eyepiece too much!

Mars has been great lately, orion is a nice big part of the southern sky. I tried looking at the orion nebula once with my telescope, but couldnt find it.

Hi Joe,

Have you tried this site?

http://www.wunderground.com/sky/index.asp

Just enter your zip code (or follow instructions for international city). Once you see the map, you can adjust what you want to see, date/time, view from E, W, N, S, etc. If you click on a star it gives you more technical info (I don't use that though).

It should get you pretty close as far as aiming goes.

Later,

Matt

Sign in to follow this