roger

The three discoveries

The first discovery: You are more than your body, things aren't merely physical matter

The second discovery: Perception is not reality, you are not what you think you are

The third discovery: The recognition of the true nature of things, self-realization

Btw I got this from the book Passage Meditation by Ecknath Easwaran.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, nestentrie said:

So what's the true nature of things?

Well, I haven't had the third discovery yet.

But probably beauty, goodness, the divine nature.

I said I haven't had the third discovery, but I have seen the true nature before. Satori happens many times before enlightenment.

The times I've seen others' divine natures, it appeared as profound beauty and innocence.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roger said:

The times I've seen others' divine natures, it appeared as profound beauty and innocence.

Yes, but beware of what is inside the package.  Appearances can deceive.

10 hours ago, roger said:

The first discovery: You are more than your body, things aren't merely physical matter

The second discovery: Perception is not reality, you are not what you think you are

The third discovery: The recognition of the true nature of things, self-realization

tnx for posting,

first discovery can be already misleading.

You need open the mind that way it will be connected to or the connection to body discovery is made avail. So the visions you see can carry a trigger, so you then can see visions and doesn't have to do physical motions or scenarios for what trigger is discovered already.

yes you are more than your body,.. i can bet large sum of money you are meaning a existence of soul here.

perception is adaption, it will negate progression. If want to get good at something then there is no progression towards it you need to have a perception what sees like that what is defined as good. What is good depends on sentiment or general opinion what is good. So work hard to reach some utopian quality, but after you get there noone thinks its good anymore.

5 hours ago, roger said:

Well, I haven't had the third discovery yet.

But probably beauty, goodness, the divine nature.

I said I haven't had the third discovery, but I have seen the true nature before. Satori happens many times before enlightenment.

ah utopia.

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, it seems that the unattainable is always the most sought after.

yep, and its only gotten by stealing

• Like 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eknath_Easwaran

Easwaran's program for spiritual growth consists of eight points, and was described comprensively in his 1978 book Meditation (later republished as Passage Meditation). Each point had a dedicated chapter:[55]

1. Meditation: Silent repetition upon memorized inspirational passages from one of the world's great religions. Practiced for one-half hour each morning.
  2. The Mantram: silent repetition of a mantram, holy name or hallowed phrase from one of the world's great religions.
  3. Slowing Down: set priorities to reduce stress and hurry
  4. One-Pointed Attention: give full concentration to whatever matter is currently at hand
  5. Training the Senses: enjoy simple pleasures in order to avoid craving for unhealthy excess
  6. Putting Others First: denounce selfishness and cultivating altruism
  7. Spiritual Companionship: practice meditation in the company of others
  8. Reading the Mystics: draw inspiration from the writings of the scriptures of all religions.

No heroin here. So i rather go away.

11 hours ago, roger said:

The difference from 1and2 to 3 seems to be huge. Maybe then 1 and 2 don't refer to simply acknowledging it intellectually but rather fully realising it. Which I personally think refers to making your subconsciouss - your etheric mind/etheric body/astral/body and probably deeper, to understand/believe this as well. I read a book of William Walker Atkinson a while back, where he present certain occult exercises of slowly detaching from body, mind (thoughts), etc to realising will. The method of detaching from body I think it was laying down daily and feeling/wathcing your body and asking yourself am I here? In other words a practice akin to meditation and it required much more than mere intellectuall aproval . By the end, the person would also not be scared of death or harm of body anymore as s/he has realised fully s/hes not the body anymore. Similar task with perception/mind/thoughts.

That seems to equalise somewhat the gap between 1 and 2 and 3. Maybe that's what Ecknath was onto?

8 minutes ago, Arramu said:

The difference from 1and2 to 3 seems to be huge. Maybe then 1 and 2 don't refer to simply acknowledging it intellectually but rather fully realising it. Which I personally think refers to making your subconsciouss - your etheric mind/etheric body/astral/body and probably deeper, to understand/believe this as well. I read a book of William Walker Atkinson a while back, where he present certain occult exercises of slowly detaching from body, mind (thoughts), etc to realising will. The method of detaching from body I think it was laying down daily and feeling/wathcing your body and asking yourself am I here? In other words a practice akin to meditation and it required much more than mere intellectuall aproval . By the end, the person would also not be scared of death or harm of body anymore as s/he has realised fully s/hes not the body anymore. Similar task with perception/mind/thoughts.

That seems to equalise somewhat the gap between 1 and 2 and 3. Maybe that's what Ecknath was onto?

hey,

There isn't many bodies. There is only one and its your pus and blood body. Negation point is: you can think of it as integrating other bodies into your flesh body and then can use it as a function, and the astral body/s ceases to exist.

Asking questions of "where i am" is asmr. It is important too.

The etheric body ceases to exist? Oh boy that sounds like a wrathful punishment...it is using that body that your dear relatives use to visit you right after they pass in the following 3 days usually, hence the tradition of keeping the body in the house for 3 days before burring it, in many parts of the world.  Although I understand that's more to do with the spirit taking 3 days to fully come out of the body (hopefully through the head), so not quite sure if it is their empty shell like souls that come to visit you know, probably still having somewhat of a connection with the spirit (consciouss mind), before being left by that too.

19 minutes ago, Arramu said:

The etheric body ceases to exist? Oh boy that sounds like a wrathful punishment...it is using that body that your dear relatives use to visit you right after they pass in the following 3 days usually, hence the tradition of keeping the body in the house for 3 days before burring it, in many parts of the world.  Although I understand that's more to do with the spirit taking 3 days to fully come out of the body (hopefully through the head), so not quite sure if it is their empty shell like souls that come to visit you know, probably still having somewhat of a connection with the spirit (consciouss mind), before being left by that too.

i have no time to prove or educate anymore, so believe what you want.

20 hours ago, nestentrie said:

So what's the true nature of things?

That everything is energy/light.

The first discovery: You are more than your body, things aren't merely physical matter. (You realize the energy/light)

The second discovery: Perception is not reality, you are not what you think you are. (You are able to move beyond thoughts or to reside in the energy of thoughts. aka rigpa.) Notice this is still dualistic...

The third discovery: The recognition of the true nature of things, self-realization. (More it is not a recognition but a realization or becoming truly that light is when one moves beyond the local mind.) This is also beyond seeing with the 3rd eye or any astral body type stuff. That is the local mind translating the light filtered through our obstructions, our ego, issues and fears. True clarity is beyond seeing it is a knowing. A huge step along the path.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

The first discovery: You are more than your body, things aren't merely physical matter. (You realize the energy/light)

The second discovery: Perception is not reality, you are not what you think you are. (You are able to move beyond thoughts or to reside in the energy of thoughts. aka rigpa.) Notice this is still dualistic...

Rigpa is not dualistic. If it is, it is not rigpa. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

The third discovery: The recognition of the true nature of things, self-realization. (More it is not a recognition but a realization or becoming truly that light is when one moves beyond the local mind.) This is also beyond seeing with the 3rd eye or any astral body type stuff. That is the local mind translating the light filtered through our obstructions, our ego, issues and fears. True clarity is beyond seeing it is a knowing. A huge step along the path.

Why you need astral body or 3rd eye?

Self realization for what?

what is the end purpose? where you heading?

just saying there need come fast cell regeneration, and recycle. You can't go over to light forms or energy of your body. Or you just don't cultivate desire body/ this flesh body. I think its the case. Not sure what you guys cultivate or try to help advange.

4 hours ago, johndoe2012 said:

Rigpa is not dualistic. If it is, it is not rigpa. 

Hi Roger,

if you look look at the description of Rigpa here https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43943-rigpa/#comment-748463

you will notice  you are residing in the movement of energy which is thoughts.

That residing in the energy, as a fish leaping in the movement is described as Rigpa. Notice it is a residing in the energy. That to me is dualistic, you have not moved beyond to also be that movement of energy in my experience.

Hope that explains why I am saying it is dualistic.

Edited by Jonesboy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, allinone said:

Why you need astral body or 3rd eye?

Self realization for what?

what is the end purpose? where you heading?

I don't care about astral body stuff. It was in reference to an earlier post.

3rd eye sight is just part of the ongoing process of spiritual development. Lots of danger of getting lost and most people stop at this stage.

What is the purpose? That depends on your goal doesn't it?

Just now, Jonesboy said:

I don't care about astral body stuff. It was in reference to an earlier post.

3rd eye sight is just part of the ongoing process of spiritual development. Lots of danger of getting lost and most people stop at this stage.

What is the purpose? That depends on your goal doesn't it?

i could switch over to talk what you are or how your words usage refer to. It would be fun.

Aren't you, Jeff and others into looking what they look like, what is their level or where they are stuck?

but i do without a contract, as without say where is the start or saying "i give you permission". There is a reason for that too.