Hi everyone,

I was happy to found this forum.

Unfortunately quite unprepared without proper knowledge I developed habit to meditate on daily basis by using guided meditations on youtube. I even used guided Kundalni meditation(at that time didn't know what it was) made by US company Brain Sync among many other meditations. 

I have gained severe head pressure that remains in my head for more then nine months and it is destroying my life , I desperately seek for help.

You can't even imagine what have I tried already both traditional and alternative medicine but still fail to provide any relief. Recently I discovered Qigong and started with classes and from today I will restart acupuncture treatments . 

Still I am afraid since this is really severe that I will need more. I do have great expectations from Taoist practice and even tried to reach out Master Chia but he fails to respond to my mails and his stuff are offering to me rejuvenation treatments which are not concrete in terms whether it would target my issue.

Please help what to to, to whom should I address! I need to fix this as soon as possible as my life is deteriorating and not sure how much I can handle it.

Being thankful in advance

Hello Lipfi, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Lipfi,

First let me state that as far as I know there is no member of this forum qualified to give authoritative medical advice.  Buyer beware!  But then, there are a lot of members here who are willing to help others if they can.  Your condition may be physical (medical) but has not yet been identified so whatever alternative methods you try may well be useless.  However, if you will, check out "empty-minded meditation".  It may not help but it won't add to your current problem or cause any other problem, but it may help.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

What helped me the most:

Deep, relaxed breathing in your belly and massage of Yongquan-Point on your feet. Going barefoot outside, connecting to earth. Drinking much water. Finding a QiGong-Teacher who can actually sense energy and harmonize it. Cold showers. Smiling and visualizing the energy pouring down from your head to earth. Herbs like Reishi. Nature in general. Sports/Training with much phsyical action. 

Wish you the best

e: and if you start Qigong/Neigong-Practices be aware of those that direct energy with the mind. I wouldn't do that (especially at the beginning). Qi is smart and knows where to go ;-)

Edited by phil48
  • Like 5

Welcome to TDB. I would stay away from Mantak Chi...his techniques can cause such problems. PM me if you'd like some help. 

• Like 5

Energetically speaking, your issue is that you are sort of stuck in a "hyper receptive mode". Kind of like you are recieving energy, but not balanced and transmitting it back out. Or you could say that you are like a pendulum that is stuck on one side. Your poroblem is actually very common when people start to open their heart (chakra).  Like oldsaint said, feel free to reach out by pm if you would like some help with it.

Best, Jeff

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Energetically speaking, your issue is that you are sort of stuck in a "hyper receptive mode". Kind of like you are recieving energy, but not balanced and transmitting it back out. Or you could say that you are like a pendulum that is stuck on one side. Your poroblem is actually very common when people start to open their heart (chakra).  Like oldsaint said, feel free to reach out by pm if you would like some help with it.

Best, Jeff

Couldn't it also be solar-plexus or throat chakra causing those problems? In general it is about opening the front channel isn't it? 

Just now, phil48 said:

Couldn't it also be solar-plexus or throat chakra causing those problems? In general it is about opening the front channel isn't it? 

In general yes on the throat, but Lipfi has not yet reached the point of having an open throat chakra. The solar-plexus would create more stomach issues and is more about emotional pain. You could sort of say that he has started to be able to translate emotional stuff into more energy forms and that energy is kind of getting stuck without the release. It is sort of like Lipfi is feeling stuff, but not letting it go.

• Like 4

Thank you guys so much on the answers and willingness to help . I will analyze your proposal and try to apply them.

• Like 1

I'll take it for granted that you've stopped the meditation.  For many such things are fine, but rule of thumb, when things get strange, hot, unpleasant or painful, stop, take a break or stop.  As the first reply said, long walks in nature are great, bonus if you do it barefoot.

I'll cautiously add, that headaches can have psychosomatic origins.  Remembering past headaches or tension brings them on, and the headaches create more tension which makes it worse.  Sometimes breaking the cycle can help.  Figuring out the time and place of triggers and avoid them or distract yourself. 

Good luck,  feel better.

• Like 1

I did , I do not meditate for months but unfortunately in the beginning when pressure wasn't' that strong I didn't pay attention and continue to meditate.

• Like 1

Dear Lipfi,

May i first express my wish for your speedy relief to the feeling of pressure in your head. I am an advanced practitioner and teacher of internal qi cultivation and would like to offer my thoughts, but in no way a diagnosis as we are not in the same local space. 

Much of the information available these days online is not appropriate for a beginner without the guidance of one who has been there and back. Especially meditations with a severe focus. 

In any internal practice where energy is being released, it will seek an outlet. There are built in pathways and outlets in the body where energy will attempt to flow. In my experience when a practitioner releases energy upwards toward the head without making sure that the Bai Hui (crown) point is open, energy will stagnate in the head. Stagnation causes pain and pressure and focusing on the pain and pressure causes more stagnation. The energy that has been released up there is also not refined to a degree that your system can integrate it.

I agree with advice above to connect with Earth as it will help draw some of that energy downward. Finding a energy worker to gently open bai hui to allow some pressure to relieve. 

When I over do it myself with energy focus as sometimes has happened when I teach for long periods or do too many Qi cleanings (therapy), I end up with a similar head pressure. What worked for me a couple of times was to rotate an orange ball forward in lower dantian.

But that is advanced and could likely cause more stagnation if you have to focus hard to do it. Learning how to rest the mind and breath in lower dantian is most helpful as a practice for all mental stress and to master before you begin advanced practices. Here is a safe guide to lower dantian breathing that i recorded myself. http://qimastersclass.com/warm-core-dantian-breathing-guided-meditation/

Sinking into Earth will reset and balance much. Feel free to PM me and may you be blessed with relief asap.

• Like 4

Dear Qibody thank you so much for the wishes for recovery.

Usually I get recomendations to stay away from meditation as it might increase symptoms. Is this a different kind of meditation ?

It is a technique for learning how to draw breath into the lower dantian and sink into earth. My suggestion is to listen to it without trying to actually do it and see if it makes you feel at ease or if it brings any anxiety. If you feel any resistance then let it go for now and stay with being in nature and resting all mental focus. Lie on the earth and rest both on your back and on your belly.

• Like 3

Hi Lipfi:

Sorry to hear about your headache. I know exactly how it feels. You need to bring energy from UD to LD asap. People posted already lots of info, pick what resonates with you and go with it. 

Here is a little bit of theory of what is going on with you: 

I am no healer, no qualified to give any "real" advice, but I can share my research on the topic. Hope it at least will bring some light on your situation. 

If you can schedule appt with acupuncturist asap, it would help you a lot. If you are in Bay Area, I can recommend one who can treat you with "no questions asked". 

meow

• Like 2

I would highly recommend contacting Eric Isen http://www.ayurvedicintuitive.com/

I was admittedly a tad skeptical of the concept of long distance diagnosis and healing before I started working with him, but like you I was dealing with side effects from meditation practice which were causing huge problems with my life (and making meditation and qigong impossible), so I gave it a crack and under his guidance and treatment I've improved enormously

And for what it's worth, Eric works within the Ayurvedic model, so I imagine that he's dealt with issues from improper Kundalini practice before.

Good luck!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Lipfi said:

Thank you guys so much on the answers and willingness to help . I will analyze your proposal and try to apply them.

Go for a check up at the doctor to see if its anything simple like blocked sinus and so on - before delving any deeper into qi and chakras and wotnot.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Apech said:

Go for a check up at the doctor to see if its anything simple like blocked sinus and so on - before delving any deeper into qi and chakras and wotnot.

I wish that was the case,I have been to doctor and did both MRI and EGG and unfortunately all turned fine.

I would rather have tumor than this misery.

Edited by Lipfi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, QiBody said:

Have you tried a competent cranio-sacral therapist?

1 hour ago, Apech said:

I have been, I did MRI and EGG and all unfortunately turned to be fine.

To be honest I would prefer rather to have tumor then this misery.

I did go to three treatments but he fail to find relief.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lipfi said:

I wish that was the case,I have been to doctor and did both MRI and EGG and unfortunately all turned fine.

Well good that you haven't got a tumor!  Do you mind me asking - are you a head orientated person - do you think, read, study a lot or not?

1 hour ago, Lipfi said:

Take heart Lipfi, it is a blessing you did not have a tumor. Pain is an insistent teacher. You have many people here wishing you well and that is positive energy.

6 minutes ago, Lipfi said:

Although I am not sure if he was competent enough.

As in every art, not all are as competent. Some practitioners may have only taken a class, but nothing deeper. I always ask who did they study with, for how long, and how much practice have they had. It's your dime and pain so ask away! You are truly blessed!

9 minutes ago, Lipfi said:

It is not Qibody , I feel so bad I think i will kill my self soon.

Don't do that.  

• Like 4