Sign in to follow this  
Immortal

Ayahuasca Medicine

Has anyone on this forum heard of or tried the sacred medicine from the Amazon called Ayahuasca. I have decided to add the sacred sacrament that was developed by thousands of years of research done by the vegetalistas of the ancient shamanic tradition deep in South America.

Ayahuasca is an entheogen which produces powerful visionary experiences to the user that act as a form of cleansing of the mental and vital bodies of the individual. Ayahuasca can and should be used in conjunction with sadhana like dhyana, neigung, and qigung. Ayahuasca is not a drug, it's a medicine that can aid one in their spiritual practice. It is not a replacement for other disciplines like internal alchemy or meditation, it is simply a powerful tool for physio-psycho-spirituality.

This plant has a myriad of physiological and psychological benefits. The drink is a natural purgative. This can aid in purging environmental and dietary toxins. It is also a very powerful aid to clearing out the nadis and the mind. Ayahuasca gives one and intense experience into the spiritual world in your subconscious mind. You will be in direct contact with yourself expressed in various archetypes, the usage of this drink has been used in shadow work to produce a dark night of the soul. One encounters different archetypes spoke about in analytical psychology created by Carl Jung. This beverage also has a very unique characteristic, it creates a normalization of serotonin in the brain. This is the only medicine in the world known to actually increase the brains ability to absorb serotonin. Most "psychedelics" like lsd do damage the brain, not to mention a lot of psychedelics are addictive, not ayahuasca. Ayahuasca has actually been used successfully to treat drug addictions by normalizing serotonin levels (believed to be the cause of addictions) and give deep spiritual insight by putting on in direct contact with the self usually in the form of symbols like a female snake. Carl Jung after years of therapy for alcoholism with Rowland H, with almost no improvement, jung recommended spiritual experience as a form of treatment for alcoholism. Ayahuasca does just that, it creates the sacred communion with the spirit worlds of the unified field of consciousness also known as the akashic records. The information gathered from drinking ayahuasca can come in the form of knowledge usually communicated via the language of the subconscious i.e. symbolism.

Ayahuasca is again not a drug, nor a free ticket to enlightenment, it's simply a powerful tool that can be integrated into ones sadhana, or can be used for deep psychological change. I know many eastern schools shun the usage of entheogens, but we also have to remember that western religions reacted the same way when presented with meditation. They viewed meditation as demonic in nature, which could not be further from the truth. The usage of entheogens has been bastardized in our society due to the hippy movement in the 60's-70's. The usage of cannabis, lsd, ecstasy and magic mushrooms did not produce the psycho-spiritual changes necessary for real growth, and actually was a form of escapism.

Ayahuasca cannot be abused for recreational purposes unlike lsd and shrooms. You are will literally experience the highest peaks of ecstasy and the lowest valleys of agony. Both pleasure and pain, because one has to face the shadow self, also known as the archetype within ones self that is the store house of all repressed desires and emotions, this can be a very painful and frightening experience, and most who try ayahuasca do not like because most drug users are after a high, not real spiritual growth.

The active alkaloids of the ayahuasca brew are dmt and harmaline (which is a mono amin oxidase inhibiter). DMT is naturally produced by the brain during birth, NDE, OOBE, dreaming (both lucid and non lucid), and death. Which is why DMT is known as the spirit molecule. Mantak Chia actually designed a retreat known as dark room that creates this experience by being in complete darkness for 12+ days, this creates the same effect as drinking the ayahuasca brew, and are both equally beneficial for spiritual maturity and growth. DMT is known as a powerful visionary substance that is used to strengthen and decalcify the pineal gland.

I think that both ayahuasca and dark room technology should be further researched in an effort to understand and realize our nature. Before anyone decided to post up something negative about the usage of ayahuasca for cognitive and spiritual therapy, please do some research on it.

http://www.biopark.org/peru/ayatherapy.html

http://www.biopark.org/peru/udv-serotonin.html

http://www.newbrainnewworld.com/?Altered_S...sp%3B:Ayahuasca

http://www.universal-tao.com/dark_room/maximal.html

This is a particularly great article about an individual using ayahuasca to cure his depression.

http://www.matrixmasters.com/blog/2007/01/...t-powerful.html

This is an exceptionally great article on dmt.

http://www.akasha.de/~aton/DR.html

Edited by Immortal

Hi Immortal,

Yes I have heard of it. A friend of mine was called by it and found it helped him on his path. It is not for everyone but it is for those who are called by it and is a valid "path" as I am sure you have researched.

A church in the US won a legal battle to be able to use it in their ceremonies. Outside of that, it is illegal in the US and although there still may be opportunities, outside of the legal aspects, it is important to do this with a true Shaman who is skilled and knowledgable.

Interestingly, an anthropologist who resided with an indigenous group (don't recall his name off hand but he wrote a book about it - try a search if interested) asked how it came to be known. Just to back up, there are two plants if I recall correctly that must be brewed together in order for the DHT to be able to be absorbed in a person. He said the plants taught them (originally). The Spirit in the plants that is. And thus the universal experiences, energies, and symbols that are encountered.

I know that you can arrange for a trip to places where you can work with a Shaman.

Best,

Matt

one thing can be said about you guys; you do know your advertising.

B)

Edited by rain

A close friend of mine recently got back from Peru where he participated in an ahayuasca ceremony with shamans there. His report was incredible, many revelations and lifelong patterns healed ... even now a few months later he is still reporting positive developments. Got me interested, if I went I would want to check out this guy's project, check it out he is building a pyramid: http://www.pyramidperu.com B)

Sean

Yeah, I personally have been wanting to try ayahuasca for a while now. I bought B. Cappi and P. Viridis, those are the two most common ayahuasca ingredients. But when I mixed them, they were duds, I did not get any visions. I think the vendor gave me poor quality ingredients.

I am buying another set of different admixtures from a very reputable source, Mimosa Hostilis & Syrian Rue this time, and get enough for several batches, and drink one batch slowly, if it doesn't work after about 1hr, I will slowsly sip some of another dose until I get effects.

I don't have the money nor the time to go to Thailand and go to a dark room retreat, that would be awesome. I would also love to go to the amazon and actually try traditional aya with real shamans, and have them use their icaros (power songs) to help heal my mental and vital bodies.

For now, I will purchase them for myself, I have wanted to do it for a while, but never had the time to dedicate, now for my b. day on Jan 24th, I have a week off, so I will do it then. The brew takes all day to cook, and the effects last for hours, plus I fast during the day of the ritual, and observe the dietary and sexual preparations 3 days before and after the ritual.

The amount I will be buying I will be able to do it quite a few times. I will do it once a month if I can this entire year.

I have heard some amazing stories on the new and one on one with someone who has done an aya session, they found the session deeply spiritual and holistically therapeutic. I am very stoked to try it.

Edited by Immortal

I would urge extreme caution mixing and using ayahuasca without supervision. Like you've said repeatedly, it is not a drug to be used recreationally, it is more akin to a medication to be used for psychic/spiritual manipulation. Similarly, it should be used under experienced supervision for best and safest results. The effects can be very similar to a psychotic break and can be harmful, even fatal in extreme cases. Please be careful.

Until recently, it was available in the Netherlands in Smart Shops. Things are changing there regarding non-cannabis hallucinogens and I don't know where it stands right now.

A friend of mine is on his way to Chile for two weeks and hopes to find a shaman there that will expose him to some of their methods.

There is a fascinating theory that man's exposure to this or similar entheogens may have been what precipitated the evolution of our "higher" intelligence. Check out the work of Graham Hancock on the subject for an interesting perspective.

Yeah, Graham is the man. I enjoy his theories on ancient history in relation to entheogenic substances. When I do aya this time I will be with a friend of mine that has fascilitated Santo Daime ceremonies using the aya brew, so I am glad my first attempts failed, because I could have hurt myself.

Now I will have a seasoned hand to help me, as fate would have it.

I cannot stress this enough, experience is key here. Ayahuasca is not a toy.

Sign in to follow this