Sign in to follow this  
everseeking

still need help

So, uh..as my screen name implies, I AM ever-seeking the information I need and want. And lately, due to my increase-well, more a return, really---to spiritual cultivation, and also martial arts, I am seeking information about how to head toward marrow washing/chi wieght lifting.

I am new to this.

I will not cease my seeking, but I will beg.

Im begging any and all of those on this forum who practice this to point me in the right direction. The direction that I feel I could follow right now would be books, dvds, etc.

I dont know where to start or what steps to take to (eventually) get ready.

I know its a question that is posted here too often. Kind of like how I would always laugh at all the people posting on martial arts forums wanting to know about Iron Palm, talking about using sand bags and tiger balm to train with. Well, luckily some people with REAL knowledge saved those fool hardy people and a few of them have stuck with it and achieved some real skill.

Im not like those foolhardy types who will start a Gung first, thinking they can figure it out, and then asking "How do I do it righ?" later.

I have patience, and I listen.

But all I hear is silence.

I beseech you all who have real skill with this, please end the silence.

Knowledge is music to my ears.

Thanks---

Everseeking

So, uh..as my screen name implies, I AM ever-seeking the information I need and want. And lately, due to my increase-well, more a return, really---to spiritual cultivation, and also martial arts, I am seeking information about how to head toward marrow washing/chi wieght lifting.

I am new to this.

I will not cease my seeking, but I will beg.

Im begging any and all of those on this forum who practice this to point me in the right direction. The direction that I feel I could follow right now would be books, dvds, etc.

I dont know where to start or what steps to take to (eventually) get ready.

I know its a question that is posted here too often. Kind of like how I would always laugh at all the people posting on martial arts forums wanting to know about Iron Palm, talking about using sand bags and tiger balm to train with. Well, luckily some people with REAL knowledge saved those fool hardy people and a few of them have stuck with it and achieved some real skill.

Im not like those foolhardy types who will start a Gung first, thinking they can figure it out, and then asking "How do I do it righ?" later.

I have patience, and I listen.

But all I hear is silence.

I beseech you all who have real skill with this, please end the silence.

Knowledge is music to my ears.

Thanks---

Everseeking

Look for a teacher or if there is none near you try to find workshop/ seminars.

Look for a teacher or if there is none near you try to find workshop/ seminars.

I cant afford to travel right now, or for quite a while.

As I stated, I need to know who to contact, and what books and or dvd to get.

I cant afford to travel right now, or for quite a while.

As I stated, I need to know who to contact, and what books and or dvd to get.

where do you live

It's tricky to answer you because the community itself is in a quandry, but we've at least found out that pretty much all of the popularly available material on jing cultivation out there is bs... usually harmful in the long run (though lots of fun for the first few years). So, the ideal situation of "this book, that dvd, this sequence - and you're set" is totally unavailable. The marketing is a total mis-match to the reality.

So, what to do?

The kunlun method is actually pretty good for basic harmonization, much better than other things we've been sifting through for years (decades, some of us). Take that, plus whatever physical exercise works for you, plus a stillness meditation, and you've got a pretty good gig.

If you venture into more serious jing cultivation projects, realize that you're taking up a risky proposition of R&D (research & discovery) with no garuntees, and with the popular knowledge base as bunk.

That's my 2 cents.

:)

Systems online to try out. The very deep AYP system (google it). I never got into it, but it has depth and heart. I like Rawn Clarks offerings at Abardoncompanion.com. He has a few systems based on Bardons Hermetics that are relatively easy and (I find) fascinating. I believe both systems are free.

A good live teacher is always best. Still, there is much to learn from these sites.

Many of us started w/ the Healing Tao, you could peruse the healing tao usa website, there's probably a link to it in the Link section. I like Michael Winns videos. I really like his Fundamental II video which has a nice simple chi gung sequence, many people here like his primordial.

Anything from Minke DeVos Silent Grounds is good. I think they have a link to her site. Her CD Tao Basics has some fantastic guided meditations on it that allow you to experience alchemical taoism pretty well. I like the CD's from Chi Nei Tsang as well.

Max Christensons Kunlun has a following here. Its a simple technique. His book is just $15. You can peruse some of the long threads we have on him, see Lama Dorje, or anything mentioning Kunlun.

As Trunk said there's a wide variety of people here with a wide variety of practice. Look around, date a couple, then settle down and get serious with one. You can fool around a little on the side, but to get depth you need to surrender and just Do a practice for (at least) several months til you've scratched the surface and it goes from practice to path.

Welcome to the bums.

Michael

Sign in to follow this