Michael Sternbach

New Tarot Forum Born

As the world's biggest Tarot forum, part of Solandria's website Aeclectic Tarot, very recently shut down for personal reasons of the owner, a new forum was created.

http://eclectic.jomay.com 

The board is currently run by three Admins, including myself. Additionally,  I am moderating the Thoth sections (as I am specialized on this deck), with Golden Dawn and Kabbalah subforums.

I am inviting all you Tarot Bums to join us over on Eclectic Tarot. And make sure you let me know it's you, I will be happy to roll out the red carpet. :D

Michael

• Like 6

Hooray ... Tarot  eclecticism has been released from bondage !  

I am supposing no inexplicable  rules like : if someone wants  help in understanding  their  reading, they must not quote more than three cards  from within that reading ...  or do not use an image to communicate an idea ( on a trot forum ! ?  WTF !  ?? ) and furthermore   ....    :rolleyes:

If that is the case . I might just start posting again ! 

Thanks Michael  !   :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Wow, what a pity, I've been a member there too and this comes as a big surprise to me. I didn't even get an email about it shutting down. Glad I'm on TDB to hear this. 

There was an 'advert / banner'  that suddenly  appeared   on each page when you went there, I think , with a month's notice . 

Imagine finding all the current  subs and working out their pro rata refunds !  :o

Anywayz that place  was a dinosaur ,,,, very primitive early tech on that site ..... not like this one :) 

I imagine MS has got a brand new shiney system   ;)  

• Like 1

Oh damn ... Michael , I just remembered .... is your request to me still current  ? 

... that I  " post  before lighting up  when responding to you  "   ?  

:D  

Edited by Nungali

Ah well, I tried  ; 

The password does not contain the required characters.
Please note that you will need to enter a valid email address

Please note , I did enter email  a valid  email address and my password was much more than 6 characters and contained letters and numbers    ... and I tried 3 times .

Mhe ... I try again tomorrow . 

9 hours ago, Nungali said:

Ah well, I tried  ; 

The password does not contain the required characters.
Please note that you will need to enter a valid email address

Please note , I did enter email  a valid  email address and my password was much more than 6 characters and contained letters and numbers    ... and I tried 3 times .

Mhe ... I try again tomorrow . 

I had exactly the same problem and then I realised it actively wanted symbols in the password (unlike most other passwords I've had to make): I put a '#' in it.

It's working fine now for me, and I've been able to sign up and login now.

11 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

I am inviting all you Tarot Bums to join us over on Eclectic Tarot. And make sure you let me know it's you, I will be happy to roll out the red carpet. :D

Michael

I shall await a red carpet. :D 

Edited by morning dew
  • Like 2

wow, this is weird.

yesterday I was trying to figure out "career guidance" path with Tarot cards and needed some explanation and i kept bumming into Aeclectic Tarot, but it was all locked up. Not that I cannot read the cards myself, I can and pretty well, but I kept having weirdest combinations and I thought maybe somebody out there would help. And today I see this topic on DB...

I really think my low level "magnetizing" practice is working, as I do get things "wow, I just thought about it <insert time> ago", but I am still clueless blind puppy ( kitten) in bigger schema. Sifu refused to do any divinations for me and I have been sitting and trying to find a path and no avail. I thought Tarot cards would help, but they are mocking me. I get High Priestess ( yep, gotta go open my own temple and worship Self, great career choice...) 

/rant over

p.s. Thanks for a link to new forum. 

Edited by qicat

16 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Wow, what a pity, I've been a member there too and this comes as a big surprise to me. I didn't even get an email about it shutting down. Glad I'm on TDB to hear this. 

I understand that the contents of the forum (at least as far as it was publicly accessible) will be made available again in a short while. However, it will all be set to "read only."

16 hours ago, Nungali said:

Hooray ... Tarot  eclecticism has been released from bondage !  

And from incorrect spelling!

I am supposing no inexplicable  rules like : if someone wants  help in understanding  their  reading, they must not quote more than three cards  from within that reading ...  or do not use an image to communicate an idea ( on a trot forum ! ?  WTF !  ?? ) and furthermore   ....    :rolleyes:

If that is the case . I might just start posting again ! 

No such rules! Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law! Well, at least as long as members are being reasonable, we do treat them like adults.

Thanks Michael  !   :)

You are welcome! Looking forward to your contributions, especially in "Thoth Exploration." :)

9 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

And from incorrect spelling!

No such rules! Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law! Well, at least as long as members are being reasonable, we do treat them like adults.

You are welcome! Looking forward to your contributions, especially in "Thoth Exploration." :)

... you won't see much 

It refuses to register me no matter what type of password I use ; letters numbers symbols combinations .

same message over and over   as above  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, morning dew said:

I had exactly the same problem and then I realised it actively wanted symbols in the password (unlike most other passwords I've had to make): I put a '#' in it.

How does one realise what a computer wants from you , aside from what it told you it wants  ?  !  :huh:

Maybe I am not dressed correctly ... wrong shoes ....  or something 

Image result for bouncers

• Like 1

There was an 'advert / banner'  that suddenly  appeared   on each page when you went there, I think , with a month's notice . 

Imagine finding all the current  subs and working out their pro rata refunds !  :o

Anywayz that place  was a dinosaur ,,,, very primitive early tech on that site ..... not like this one :) 

I imagine MS has got a brand new shiney system   ;)  

Mais bien sûr, monsieur!

deepthought-257x300.jpg.ebc44761891605f8129e705d6f477da8.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nungali said:

... you won't see much 

It refuses to register me no matter what type of password I use ; letters numbers symbols combinations .

same message over and over   as above  

Admittedly, the password registration sucks. Entering a capital letter, some small letters, a symbol (e.g. a hyphen), and a number did the trick for me though. Make sure that you have done all that. If it still doesn't work, I will talk to our technician.

Sure. As soon as you write an introductory post. :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, qicat said:

wow, this is weird.

yesterday I was trying to figure out "career guidance" path with Tarot cards and needed some explanation and i kept bumming into Aeclectic Tarot, but it was all locked up. Not that I cannot read the cards myself, I can and pretty well, but I kept having weirdest combinations and I thought maybe somebody out there would help. And today I see this topic on DB...

I really think my low level "magnetizing" practice is working, as I do get things "wow, I just thought about it <insert time> ago", but I am still clueless blind puppy ( kitten) in bigger schema. Sifu refused to do any divinations for me and I have been sitting and trying to find a path and no avail. I thought Tarot cards would help, but they are mocking me. I get High Priestess ( yep, gotta go open my own temple and worship Self, great career choice...) 

/rant over

p.s. Thanks for a link to new forum. 

It might mean, become more receptive and follow your inner guidance. ;)

And you are welcome.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nungali said:

How does one realise what a computer wants from you , aside from what it told you it wants  ?  !  :huh:

Maybe I am not dressed correctly ... wrong shoes ....  or something 

Image result for bouncers

Haha! :D 

It says it here on the registration page on the left:

Username:
Length must be between 3 characters and 20 characters.
Email address:
Password:
Password must be between 6 characters and 100 characters long, must contain letters in mixed case, must contain numbers and must contain symbols
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Sure. As soon as you write an introductory post. :P

Aha! I couldn't find an introductory section as we have in here? Have I gone blind or do I just make a new post anywhere? :D 

edit: I've gone blind; I found it lol :blush:

Edited by morning dew

1 minute ago, morning dew said:

Aha! I couldn't find an introductory section as we have in here? Have I gone blind or do I just make a new post anywhere? :D 

I'm afraid, you gotta scroll down a bit...

To: Our Eclectic Community > Member Introductions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Admittedly, the password registration sucks. Entering a capital letter, some small letters, a symbol (e.g. a hyphen), and a number did the trick for me though. Make sure that you have done all that. If it still doesn't work, I will talk to our technician.

oaky thanks 

Edited by Nungali

1 hour ago, morning dew said:

Haha! :D 

It says it here on the registration page on the left:

Username:
Length must be between 3 characters and 20 characters.

Email address:

Password:
Password must be between 6 characters and 100 characters long, must contain letters in mixed case, must contain numbers and must contain symbols

Oh !   On the left   .... okay . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I suggest you note that for people somewhere on the site or on the registration page  , as a few times, with sites with that rego problem ... I just give up . 

Yes, it's there... On the left.

• Like 1