exorcist_1699

Gathering qi by different ways

Up to this moment, there is  only a small portion of human population who can gather qi from their own bodies  , which can attribute to many reasons but the Chinese Taoists' reluctance in explicating the related mechanism as clear as possible is one of the  reasons for it.  Unsure of  what  outcome people will  get  after  releasing such a force into  the human society, of course, Taoists adopt a conservative ,yet responsible way is understandable ..;  anyway, if  we do it carefully , in a trial-and-error way , hazards can be minimized. 

Note that the following were  shown in  black and white  , or  publicized in digital form on the internet sometime before , so the  person who organizes them  and posts it here should not be liable to any unpredictable results or any  curse:

1) With appropriate mental strength ,you focus your mind  on  the abdomen area under your navel  for minutes, maybe for hours,  you then get some feeling of special warmth and vigor arising , different from what you have ever experienced ; 

2) You perform  , in a relaxing way , simply a series of well-designed actions or postures , say Taiji's , for   weeks or months ,  then you  start to find some qi  arisen from your hands or waist.

3) Imagine that there is  a qi-ball in between your hands, which can be  expanding or contracting according to your hands' movement,  for some while  then you find  some feelings of sting or electrical shock   on them; 

4) You sing  the name of Buddha , or the name of a   Taoist  god ( maybe  even the name of Jesus Christ )  repeatedly and attentively, to the extent of selflessness  or mindlessness , then project that Mind to the area of your dantian...; 

5) You place a moxibustion somewhere  below your navel , and burn it  for  5~ 10 minutes , 2-3 times per day .  Some  days or weeks later possibly  you  get a special feeling of qi arising  from it ( WARNING: never should you place a moxibustion on your face or head, or somewhere you know  nothing of its result  );

6) With no thought beforehand, you put your mind to nowhere , expect no achievement or any other things   to come , and  let your self dissolve into that immense emptiness now uniting the inside and outside of you  ... ie, pushing yourself to the utmost of yin so as to allow the yang ( qi) coming in.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 4

No worry.  I won't put the blame on you if I burn my house down.

#6 sounds like resting with the Spirit of the Valley.  I go there often skipping steps 1 - 5.

• Like 4

On 2017/7/17 at 1:56 AM, Marblehead said:

No worry.  I won't put the blame on you if I burn my house down.

#6 sounds like resting with the Spirit of the Valley.  I go there often skipping steps 1 - 5.

Thanks your comment.  I always over-worry things that  are unlikely to happen. Glad to hear that you can go straight to  6) .

By the way, just want to add  that the ways  are not necessarily incompatible , some  in fact can be done together to enhance the effect .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, exorcist_1699 said:

Thanks your comment.  I always over-worry things that  are unlikely to happen. Glad to hear that you can go straight to  6) .

By the way, just want to say  that they are not necessarily incompatible , some  can be done together to enhance the effect .

You know that I try really hard to say nothing negative about the various practices represented here.  I have even lightened up on my Christian and Buddhist friends.

Yes, your six steps is a progression.  I likely have done or do the other 5 steps unconsciously.

the sun, trees, stones, rivers in the mountains

There is a lot of chi from those.

• Like 4

7. See but dont look at what can be seen look in every direction and also nowhere (same with feeling, hearing , smelling) dont differentiate between up-down, left-right...inside-outside, likes dislikes.

I think 7. Is a result of 6. If done with eyes open,and for me it incorporates also 1-4  like doing arising from nondoing.

Its always hard to express those things...really looking forward for comments :)

• Like 1

When I do hands-on healing, I just meditate for a few moments first, then I feel chi flow through my body and hands. The flow is stronger though when I have good resonance with the patient.

17 hours ago, NATURE BEEING said:

7. See but dont look at what can be seen look in every direction and also nowhere (same with feeling, hearing , smelling) dont differentiate between up-down, left-right...inside-outside, likes dislikes.

I think 7. Is a result of 6. If done with eyes open,and for me it incorporates also 1-4  like doing arising from nondoing.

Its always hard to express those things...really looking forward for comments :)

The qi people  get by focusing on their dantian , for example, likely is not  same as the one they get by putting their  mind to nowhere , the later should be something having higher , more delicate quality .

The principle is that after having got qi through an attached, attentive way, people should change their mindset and   adopt a more detached way to  get something more superior.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, exorcist_1699 said:

The qi people  get by focusing on their dantian , for example, likely is not  same as the one they get by putting their  mind to nowhere , the later one should be something having higher , more delicate quality .

The principle is that after having got qi through an attached, attentive way, people should change their mindset and   adopt a more detached way to  get it .

Yes i understand and the qi can feel very different...

I would like to hear more about the difference of chi from focusing and chi from nowhere, would be interesting if someone could elaborate on that ;)

Edited by phil48

21 hours ago, NATURE BEEING said:

Yes i understand and the qi can feel very different...

More :

Notice  that the more delicate and subtle you feel in your qi, which is determined by the quality of jing there , the closer you  comes  to  attain shen ..

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

On 2017/7/18 at 8:25 PM, phil48 said:

I would like to hear more about the difference of chi from focusing and chi from nowhere, would be interesting if someone could elaborate on that ;)

Note that qi is everywhere, can be inside or outside of us .  Place inside of our body where qi arisen when we pay  attention to is called dantian , but  dantian can be many places depending on how we use our mind . How about places   just on the boundary ,say just before our eyes or at the tip of our noses ? Or  , we place our mind to  somewhere far outside our body ,  even  to nowhere ?

But why  we would prefer to do  that ? Most of the people   mobilize internal qi first , then accumulate it so as to absorb qi from outside,  however  the order is not something fixed , you can  adopt something new , say  get them both at one stroke.. ;  "  Qi got  from  a mind of nowhere "  implies that you have to use a mind very different :  A mind of no visualization , a mind of  not  paying-attention-to  to  get what you want .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Anastasia said:

When I do hands-on healing, I just meditate for a few moments first, then I feel chi flow through my body and hands. The flow is stronger though when I have good resonance with the patient.

It sounds great .

Hope that more people can tell us their way of getting qi . 

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

I think you can have it both ways... like the deeper you go into your center you realise that its actually everywhere and nowhere.like if you search the middle of the middle... its endless, everywhere and nowhere.

What i also noticed that the dantiens kind of got formed in my spontaneous practice(like i described earlier), they felt very different from bringing energy under the navel like in qigong, feeling more like portals made out very different energy.

To phil48:

The energy feels also electric/magnetic like in regular qigong but more refreshing, nourishing and also kind of spirit like or like consciousness.and its more like its directly from the source of everything then from nature(trees , stars etc.

• Like 2