awaken

The pictures of chi goung fever in Russia and China

3 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I won't make judgement but I didn't feel any positive vibes from looking at them.

because you have typical western mind. 

1 minute ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

because you have typical western mind. 

I think it is more at I have a rationally functioning mind.

If it ain't natural it's not the Way of Tao.

Well we have a lots not natural things which works very good. Like chemical compounds, plastic, electronics. 

Feeling is based on personal judgement and pre-programmed way of thinking. For example if you would see happy person on the photos you would be feeling positive because this is how neurobiological reflections (which is on the front of your brain) works. You feeling have nothing to do with how the things are. 

I would rather say that what they doing it's just simple qigong which sometimes have results like that. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

Well we have a lots not natural things which works very good. Like chemical compounds, plastic, electronics. 

Those are all natural.  They wouldn't combine if it weren't natural for them to do so.

Feeling is based on personal judgement and pre-programmed way of thinking. For example if you would see happy person on the photos you would be feeling positive because this is how neurobiological reflections (which is on the front of your brain) works. You feeling have nothing to do with how the things are. 

Like I said, I wasn't being judgmental.  I was simply stating an observation.

We were asked "What do we think of the photos".  I responded.  Therefore my feelings were required.

True that my observation has nothing to do with the people in the photos.

I would rather say that what they doing it's just simple qigong which sometimes have results like that. 

Perhaps you are correct.  Again, I won't make judgment.  But then, I don't wear cooking pots on my head.

• Like 2

What is this all about?

Why have those people got pressure cookers on their heads?

Confused.

• Like 5

Yeah, those cooking stuff on head got my dying tho. hahah

but the other seems pretty normal to me. generic qigongs of china.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, morning dew said:

It reminds me of evangelical churches without the religion (or Christianity, anyway).

I'm glad you mentioned that because I wanted to but held my tongue.  I get into enough trouble as it is.

• Like 1

Yeah but ... I have no idea what I am looking at.  Some explanation required - otherwise they are just a set a strange looking photographs.  Is this some kind of religious movement?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, awaken said:

What do think about these pictures?

In Picture one I see folks hoping and opening themselves in the hopes of receiving something.

Picture two seems almost staged, like some moments of my time in acting classes, in group improvisation.  Though my current experience tells me it may be folks engaging in wu wei qi gong in a public park.

Pictures 3-6 look like evangelical christian rallies to me...  with 3 being the preacher.   Those seating arrangments and hand postures are nigh on exact replicas of hundreds of my early life experiences in the church.

I'm curious as to the sources...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I'm sure Awaken will present herself when she is ready and speak to comments we have made.

I think these pictures are interesting. In the first picture, people think they can be the one with the heaven 天人合一 by the pot. 

Why I posted these pictures? I talked with some Chinese friends. They talked about the chi gong fever and how the fever influence the concepts of dao. 

I I think the chi gong fever twisted the concepts of dao. 

Edited by awaken
  • Like 3

eh, those cookingpots on their heads,

do they liken that to errr  ... you know, your english is loads better then my Chinese...

---

My teacher says, you can liken the lower tantien to a cauldron ( which is a sort of oldfashioned cooking pot). Do these cookingpots symbolize upper tantien to these people??

It is strange, those pictures, these people

• Like 1

Cooking pots defend from hostile electromagnetic radiation. That was my first thought when I saw the picture. Kind of makes sense considering exponential increase in electromagnetic pollution in our life.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

eh, those cookingpots on their heads,

do they liken that to errr  ... you know, your english is loads better then my Chinese...

---

My teacher says, you can liken the lower tantien to a cauldron ( which is a sort of oldfashioned cooking pot). Do these cookingpots symbolize upper tantien to these people??

It is strange, those pictures, these people

What you talked about is 爐鼎 oven and pot.

爐 is the source of fire 

鼎 is the cooking pot.

鼎 is 玄關一竅 the secret gate. But it is not secret. it is a circle of inner version.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, awaken said:

鼎 is 玄關一竅 the secret gate. But it is not secret. it is a circle of inner version.

That's interesting.  First time I have heard it expressed that way.

But I agree, it's not secret.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

That's interesting.  First time I have heard it expressed that way.

But I agree, it's not secret.

Ha, did I use the wrong English?

I mean, in inner version, it is a circle, many kinds of circle.

1 hour ago, awaken said:

Ha, did I use the wrong English?

I mean, in inner version, it is a circle, many kinds of circle.

You used the proper words.  First time I heard it referred to as a circle.  And I'm not sure of the word "version".  Maybe "vision"?  I don't know.  The "circle(s)" I can understand.

Likely cultural differences with the "circle".  In my mind it has always been:

Entering

Passing through

and words similar.  But then, you might be one stage advanced from where I am.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

You used the proper words.  First time I heard it referred to as a circle.  And I'm not sure of the word "version".  Maybe "vision"?  I don't know.  The "circle(s)" I can understand.

Likely cultural differences with the "circle".  In my mind it has always been:

Entering

Passing through

and words similar.  But then, you might be one stage advanced from where I am.

Ha, yes, vision, not version. I did use the wrong English. Thank you.

• Like 1