Sign in to follow this  
26sol

Shakti kundalini and Taoist alchemy

Do these 2 practices lead to the same result?Can they be combined?What are the differences and similarities?The first difference,which I believe to be very importand,is that in kundalini,Shakti sits dorment in the lower abdomen whereas in taoist alchemy the prenatal qi(is that the analog of Shakti?) can be generated and  also extinguished.The other major difference I see is the channels in which prana/qi travels,in kundalini its the ida pingala sushumna and it looks like the staff of Hermes which in taoism is very different,does it actually matter?Last question are root locks used in taoist alchemy?

13 hours ago, 26sol said:

Do these 2 practices lead to the same result?Can they be combined?What are the differences and similarities?The first difference,which I believe to be very importand,is that in kundalini,Shakti sits dorment in the lower abdomen whereas in taoist alchemy the prenatal qi(is that the analog of Shakti?) can be generated and  also extinguished.The other major difference I see is the channels in which prana/qi travels,in kundalini its the ida pingala sushumna and it looks like the staff of Hermes which in taoism is very different,does it actually matter?Last question are root locks used in taoist alchemy?

I also have a free pdf that will give you more details - and then I can provide more details after you've read the free pdf - https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

• Like 1

In my understanding kundalini sits dormant in the base of the spine. 

This energy is awakened through practices and to blow the energy through the crown for awakening / oneness etc. 

In Taoist alchemy the lower dantian is filled up with energy as one of the first stages. 

I wouldn't combine the two methods as it can lead to confusion and energy deviations. 

Edited by johndoe2012
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this