dwai

Alan Watts

6 minutes ago, Drifting_Through_Infinity said:

The ancient Taoists themselves searched for an "enlightenment pill". It's acid.

Take 3 tabs and drink a bottle of Delsym cough syrup them play some Alan Watts all night and see the truth.

Though you will only hear him in the beginning, before you go beyond.

yea but, its you can't do it with a sober mind, wouldn't it bother you?

rather its your unability to understand that Alan Watts is the least defining factor here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drifting_Through_Infinity said:

Was that an insult? (:

nah you will go to hell, so start packing. The moment you realize you did wrong. So that moment is sure to come.

Edited by allinone

Sounds familiar... :)

Detachment means to have neither regrets for the past nor fears for the future; to let life take its course without attempting to interfere with its movement and change, neither trying to prolong the stay of things pleasant nor to hasten the departure of things unpleasant. To do this is to move in time with life, to be in perfect accord with its changing music, and this is called Enlightenment. In short, it is to be detached from both past and future and to live in the eternal Now. For in truth neither past nor future have any existence apart from this Now; by themselves they are illusions. Life exists only at this very moment, and in this moment it is infinite and eternal. For the present moment is infinitely small; before we can measure it, it has gone, and yet it persists for ever. This movement and change has been called Tao by the Chinese, yet in fact there is no movement, for the moment is the only reality and there is nothing beside it in relation to which it can be said to move. Thus it can be called at once the eternally moving and eternally resting. How can we bring ourselves into accord with this Tao? A sage has said that if we try to accord with it, we shall get away from it. But he was not altogether right. For the curious thing is that you cannot get out of accord with it even if you want to; though your thoughts may run into the past or the future they cannot escape the present moment. However far back or forward they try to escape they can never be separated from the moment, for those thoughts are themselves of the moment; just as much as anything else they partake of, and, indeed, are the movement of life which is Tao. You may believe yourself out of harmony with life and its eternal Now; but you cannot be, for you are life and exist Now— otherwise you would not be here. Hence the infinite Tao is something which you can neither escape by flight nor catch by pursuit; there is no coming toward it or going away from it; it is, and you are it. So become what you are.

Watts, Alan W.. Become What You Are: Expanded Edition (pp. 10-11). Shambhala. Kindle Edition. 

• Like 1

Nice quote :) seems perfectly clear and cogent to me, I'm wondering what ?  is thought to somehow invalidate this Author...

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stosh said:

Nice quote :) seems perfectly clear and cogent to me, I'm wondering what ?  is thought to somehow invalidate this Author...

Watts was wide awake. Only those who sleep can't get him imho. :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Drifting_Through_Infinity said:

YES, A TRUE PROPHET IS HERE!!!

This reads as a bit cynical. I dont know the reason for that. If what the man said enriched people ,,the sarcasm is misplaced, Imo, How would You define the, or a, true prophet? And would you be able to apprehend whether a person revealed truth in  anything other than his words, considered in the context of your own understanding?  To illustrate , If I parroted the words of your true prophet would the light be hidden from you? Or would you call me a fool. If so then theres no hope that you will know who to heed. Either you recognize the validity of that which you are not already thinking, or the only candidate you will have to learn from, will be yourself.  You should examine in fine detail the reason why you made that commment ,and whether it makes you look sarcastic, because if you really dig to understand your own motivations you may be surprised, maybe favorably.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Stosh said:

It's just New Age woo-woo. No particulars about Taoist training at all.

13 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

It's just New Age woo-woo. No particulars about Taoist training at all.

Watts talks about Daoist philosophy.

3 minutes ago, Anastasia said:

Watts talks about Daoist philosophy.

Find a real Chinese qigong master for a shen "healing" - http://springforestqigong.com is a good one - call them up and get a phone healing.

Talking is not really encouraged by the real teachers. haha.

Watts was a fake. Sure he may have opened the door to nonwestern thinking but in a general watered down way.

2 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Find a real Chinese qigong master for a shen "healing" - http://springforestqigong.com is a good one - call them up and get a phone healing.

Talking is not really encouraged by the real teachers. haha.

Watts was a fake. Sure he may have opened the door to nonwestern thinking but in a general watered down way.

This is just your opinion. Not every Daoist master was known for qigong and healing. E.g. Chuangtzu was also just a philosopher and writer, as far as I know.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stosh said:

This reads as a bit cynical. I dont know the reason for that. If what the man said enriched people ,,the sarcasm is misplaced, Imo, How would You define the, or a, true prophet? And would you be able to apprehend whether a person revealed truth in  anything other than his words, considered in the context of your own understanding?  To illustrate , If I parroted the words of your true prophet would the light be hidden from you? Or would you call me a fool. If so then theres no hope that you will know who to heed. Either you recognize the validity of that which you are not already thinking, or the only candidate you will have to learn from, will be yourself.  You should examine in fine detail the reason why you made that commment ,and whether it makes you look sarcastic, because if you really dig to understand your own motivations you may be surprised, maybe favorably.

A true prophet is someone who does not claim to be a prophet.

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Drifting_Through_Infinity said:

A true prophet is someone who does not claim to be a prophet.

I dont claim it, and am not, It doesnt prove anything. And anyway, thats just an opinion as stated theres no logic presented as endorsing this opinion, I offer, a refutation. A cop who says he is a cop , is. 

Moreover, Jesus, Ghandi, Confucius, Gotama, and others all took it upon themselves to teach others ,that which they felt they were qualified to say. Doing so, they labeled themselves. 

So ,, I think the rational conclusion is that ,whoever originally coined that idea, which I have heard before, was wrong. Dont copy wrong people. ;)

On 7/22/2017 at 2:54 AM, voidisyinyang said:

Watts was quite knowledgeable about Eastern philosophy and religion; he was also a bit of a womanizer and alcoholic. 

He never claimed to be anything other than a "spiritual entertainer" which he most certainly was.

He also sometimes referred to himself (and others) as "genuine fakes," referring to the fact that we are not who we generally think we are, so in that sense your comment is accurate. Although I don't think that was the intent of your insult.

For someone to have "opened the door to non-Western thinking" in the 1960's was quite a radical and an impressive feat.

Despite his imperfections, I have a lot of respect for him.

• Like 4

On ‎24‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 7:55 PM, steve said:

Despite his imperfections, I have a lot of respect for him.

i have respect to him, he is a troll too. That same state what i have right now, so if i would say bad words, then its aswell means i am jumping into a pool of acid.

Edited by allinone

also he is vulnerable in that state, it is the result of getting burnt by being normal.

--

sad A.W, truly broken. Mistake is he didn't found what he needed(i think) because you get instantly sane after that and for a while your mouth is shut and nothing coming out.

Edited by allinone

Watts turned Zen and Daoism from what had been more of an abstract intellectual study into something practically applicable for Western people.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 2

Even though Watts had a troubled personal life, his lectures & teachings offered a glimpse of enlightenment to the many. I find it profound that such a person could offer so much.

• Like 3

you guys really know how to idolize and give a sense what is like the average Joe isn't teaching you anything.

you get punished for that by the people who are next to you who has to listen what only you think is special and steal the day. Quit stealing the day.