Sign in to follow this  
liminal_luke

Kunlun-style 5 element standing

Is anybody out there willing (or allowed I suppose, dont want to step on anybodies toes) to share the details of the Kunlun 5 element standing form. Went to the seminar but the standing wasnt taught at the one I went to. Im eager to try it out and see what happens. Are the effects different from your standard embracing the tree posture, or the other rooting postures Michael Winn talks about on his rooting dvd (standing with arms outstretched to the sides and front)?

Any experiences, instructions appreciated.

Thanks!

Liminal

Is anybody out there willing (or allowed I suppose, dont want to step on anybodies toes) to share the details of the Kunlun 5 element standing form. Went to the seminar but the standing wasnt taught at the one I went to. Im eager to try it out and see what happens. Are the effects different from your standard embracing the tree posture, or the other rooting postures Michael Winn talks about on his rooting dvd (standing with arms outstretched to the sides and front)?

Thanks!

Liminal

Hi Luke,

I have a DVD on standing 5 elements. I don't think it's all that exotic as far as chi kung goes. Not sure if Max's would be any different. In some of the postures (metal in particular) there is a distinctly "magnetic" feel to the energy. I noticed this even before I heard of Kunlun and it's "magnetic" energy. If I can find it, I will send a copy to Sean for the lending library.

Brgds!

Oolong Rabbit,

If I remember correctly, Mantra asked us not to get involved with that particular dvd set, so maybe we shouldn't put it on the lending library. Maybe Mantra could clarify this.

But I think you are right: there's nothing trippy or esoteric about the standing forms and it'll be out in the next book soon and in the meantime traditional standing postures will work well.

Your pal,

Yoda

• Like 1

Thanks!

Liminal

Come to Phoenix in 2 weeks.

Or wait for the book in 3 months.

Cam

If you are desperate for standing positions look at a BaKua website they have 8 standing postures for each Kua which will have all the 5 plus more.

OR

if you practise any art you can hold a position anytime.

Oolong Rabbit,

If I remember correctly, Mantra asked us not to get involved with that particular dvd set, so maybe we shouldn't put it on the lending library. Maybe Mantra could clarify this.

But I think you are right: there's nothing trippy or esoteric about the standing forms and it'll be out in the next book soon and in the meantime traditional standing postures will work well.

Your pal,

Yoda

Hi Yoda,

This DVD has nothing to do with Max. It's a Chinese Chi Kung and Tai Chi master in Australia (I think he is also a Doctor of TCM) Can't remember his name, and can't find a link to the video online anywhere. I will have to dig it out.

Just doing I-Jong is sufficient.

Bend knees so that you can't see your toes.

Tuck tailbone to remove curve of lower back.

Tuck chin to remove curve of neck.

Imagine a string is pulling up the top of your head to straighten spine.

Middle fingers touch side of thigh (seam of pants), elbows slightly point outward.

Everything relaxed.

The deeper you relax the longer you can stand.

Try working up to 40 minutes with NO movement.

...Oh yeah, don't forget to smile.

Edited by Mantra68
  • Like 1

Middle fingers touch side of thigh (seam of pants), elbows slightly point outward.

Everything relaxed.

My head and neck is forward constantly from working as a computer tech, do I need to pulling it back to compensate in I-Jong?

Edited by Michael81

My head and neck is forward constantly from working as a computer tech, do I need to pulling it back to compensate in I-Jong?

I do the same thing sometimes. A habit I need to break.

Ken Cohen has a nice visualization for this. Imagine a straight line running from the hue yin(pereneum) to the bai hui(crown) If you don't keep the line straight you break the connection.

Another one I like from Ken is to see your hips being filled with water(Like a big teacup) and if you bend to the front, back or to the sides while doing standing meditation(or walking meditation) you spill the water.

If you are desperate for standing positions look at a BaKua website they have 8 standing postures for each Kua which will have all the 5 plus more.

OR

if you practise any art you can hold a position anytime.

A certain website you mean ? ifso can you link em plz, cheers !

Everything relaxed.

On taobums, that's called the gunslinger pose... it's a good one!

I do the same thing sometimes. A habit I need to break.

Ken Cohen has a nice visualization for this. Imagine a straight line running from the hue yin(pereneum) to the bai hui(crown) If you don't keep the line straight you break the connection.

Another one I like from Ken is to see your hips being filled with water(Like a big teacup) and if you bend to the front, back or to the sides while doing standing meditation(or walking meditation) you spill the water.

Hey Cameron, thanks for that tip, I tried it tonight and will keep using it.

As for the NO movement part mantra states, that may take quite some time. But for someone who's been very fidgety and restless for as long as they can remember, I'm doing alright.

if i can jump in..don't 'pull back', keep lengthening, pull the chin in and up and your posture should start to release into the right position. the key is that the string pulling visualization is continuous..alot of people stop and stagnate..

T

Sign in to follow this