phil

How Emotions Influence the Quality of Chi

Often when doing Qigong/Meditation people look for ways to increase the quantity of ones chi.

But what's about the quality? 

You often hear a Qigong Master tell you the importance of feeling love or opening the heart before practicing. Or wear a smile when practicing. 

At some point one may be able to tap into the feeling of unconditional love and if one could maintain this feeling in everyday life this may be the point where methods aren't that important anymore, does this make sense?

Just some thoughts, what do you think?

• Like 2

One of my most influential teachers reiterates over and over again.

Happy and relaxed is the basis of practice.

Quiet heart.

Kind heart.

Sincere heart.

The beginning of every form is simple standing, connect to your breath.

Connect to your love. 

Then begin.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, phil48 said:

Often when doing Qigong/Meditation people look for ways to increase the quantity of ones chi.

But what's about the quality? 

You often hear a Qigong Master tell you the importance of feeling love or opening the heart before practicing. Or wear a smile when practicing. 

At some point one may be able to tap into the feeling of unconditional love and if one could maintain this feeling in everyday life this may be the point where methods aren't that important anymore, does this make sense?

Just some thoughts, what do you think?

I got donations to send people energy by doing 8 hours of full lotus meditation a day. I asked for $20 to send a person energy from me doing 8 hours of full lotus meditation a day. I required this nominal amount in order to stop the attacks from my family - because the qi energy does exorcisms of people's lower energy blockages. So a person's subconscious will fight this exorcism - from the natural "unconditional love" energy which is the yuan qi energy via the heart. So then one session after I did an 8 hour full lotus meditation - I had the greatest love I have experienced in a long time - it was a very deep heart opening laughter. This is what is called the "zhong qi" that is protective qi.

So yes this can be built up - the more meditation the more the yuan qi is activated.

Otherwise we experience this love when we die.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I don't know how you sit in full lotus for 8 hours a day (and give you much praise for being able to sit that long daily!), but I recall hearing someone say that Wang Liping needs people to sit at least 4 hours a day before he will train them. I'm still only able to do half lotus for about 20 minutes before my knees and ankles kill me and still trying to figure out ways to open up the hips. In the meanwhile, I just sit in a chair on my perineum for hours or stand in Zhan Zhuang for hours for my emotional transmutation. 

yes it was good training and I had to take a half hour break - if I ate any food then it blocked the energy. So also it's best to do some standing active "moving of yin and yang" so that the knees can recover better. But - over all - what I did was switch which leg was on top every hour while I did the 1 hour "small universe" meditation c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com - there was one person who paid me who was doing the Wim Hof method - so I said instead I would do the Wim Hof method. I discovered that the intentional hard breathing was too left brain focus instead of the visualization of the small universe meditation that is more right brain visualization.

So it was definitely a great experiment because I saw much bright light while meditation - and so I proved to myself that I could build up my energy again. But then I realized that the energy I built up I had to use to heal my family when I was supposed to be using it to heal the people paying me. And also when people pay you money then they expect results and I realized - that it was a big commitment to work on healing people for that amount of money. No offense to the people who paid me - it was a great treat and I am very grateful and some of them did report feeling the energy. Also I would get "messages" of information to suggest for people for various healing avenues - herbs, etc.

So the emotional blockage, we are told, is the number one blockage - and also everyone has this "unconditional love" of the heart - so when I found my dad's dead blue body suddenly I got overwhelmed by this strong - really strong heart love energy - the yuan qi - and so I knew that is what he had experienced when he died. So I never cried about his death - as that would have dishonored the truth he experienced. But the night before he had come home and my pineal gland picked up - I felt a heart blockage internally in me - so I knew he had a heart blockage but it surprised me since I had never picked up a heart blockage from someone. Previously I had picked up lung blockages as sadness and liver blockages as anger and lust blockages are the most common - and pancreas as too much worry - the pineal gland transduces these blockages. But the heart blockage is a deeper level - as it is stated that "overexcitement" of the heart is still a lower emotion - the passion-love of the heart.

So what I experienced from doing healing on people - is that if I sent out too much yin qi energy as love energy from the heart - via the pineal gland - from doing too much of it, the I got real sad - and the reason is because the root of the yin qi energy from the passion of the heart is actually the lungs as the white tiger energy. This is why deeper lung energy then creates courage which then increases compassion - but the alternate direction is using too much lung energy then causes sadness.

In fact the qigong master when he read my energy over the phone said my main blockage was my lungs - and I took me - I had to study Taoist alchemy to figure out what he meant, as I did too much tantra free psychic healing while in full lotus in public.

So I am moving into a hermitage - I bought land and I will sit in full lotus on the bare ground to build u p the yin qi of the Earth to restore my energy.

• Like 2

What the qigong masters do is the spirit healing - and so the Emptiness as unconditional love does the healing. What this means on a deep level is to actually transcend death. I go into details in my free pdf that I have linked. https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

So as the qigong master who befriended me http://guidingqi.com said he lives in a "life and death situation" every day - and he demonstrated this to me once. I was ranting about politics and he didn't want to listen - he was in the car - and so he got real quiet. This was after he first said, "but I'm on your side!" but I still would not shut up. haha. So then suddenly, - after he was totally quiet - I felt this very strong electromagnetic force deep on the right side of my heart.

So that shut me up and then he explained that since he didn't want to listen to me so he left his body. I was driving - but he does this while he drives also. haha. Anyway - so then he said he wanted to see if I was speaking from my heart and he said that I was.

So - the point being - he can leave his body at will but he said it is the Emptiness that does the healing - and so - this is what the original qigong master calls the difference between the void and the Emptiness.

When we activate the Yuan Qi - as deep heart unconditional love - this is what a qigong master can do but it is still the void as the spiritual ego. The qigong master who befriended me said at first he was healing still with his mind and so it was limited. He said you can have your third eye fully open as a qigong master but that is still not real enlightenment.

It is only once death is transcended - then you can access the universal Yuan Qi - and this as the Emptiness (not the void) - is beyond even the emotion of unconditional love.

so the qigong master who befriended me said the main problem that limits people going into the Emptiness is lack of kidney energy so there is too much fear and this causes the mind to get too attached to the lower emotions. So passion as compassion is also still a lower emotion - even as unconditional love.

So we use unconditional love to go into the Emptiness via the void as our spiritual ego but it is the Emptiness as pure yuan qi energy that actually does the healing.

There are more details to this that I go into in the training. Just as I wrote the above is my first time explaining it in those terms.

• Like 2

So this is a very awesome healing video from qigong master Effie P. Chow.

What she is noting - she says the person is a "perfectionist" and is fixated on the past.

The qigong masters state that the last blockage to be cleared out is in the mind - from the past.

So we can say that what happens is deep emotional blockages are stored as trauma in the hippocampus - this is known as PTSD - it actually causes dopamine damage to the dopamine receptors from the amygdala to the hippocampus.

So if you have too much adrenaline - the fight-flight reaction - the sympathetic nervous system  then shoots up dopamine to the brain.

So if this is too much - well at first it causes time to slow down - while the internal brain from the adrenaline actually processes information at a faster rate. So this is why time appears to slow down while internal brain time is speeding up.

But if this is too much for the brain to handle then it becomes a repressed traumatic subconscious memory.

So for example music is closely tied to memory - and so what happens is people remember music before remembering the words - and when the words to a song are remembered then it reveals their subconscious emotional blockage - from the current experience occurring, when the music is remembered in the brain.

So the music is closely tied to emotional processing via the cerebellum. It is the cerebellum that controls both movement and emotion and then ties to the amygdala and hippocampus.

So the hippocampus is long term memory storage - and so this happens during our dreams whereby our waking state experiences are switched from short term energy emotional blockages into long term memory storage by integrating the short term experiences with their subconscious energy connections with the long term memory storage.

This is why the subconscious will be activated by associations to long term memories - smell is the easiest since the smell molecular receptors are only one molecule away from memory storage and smell bypasses the prefrontal cortex going straight to the subconscious.

So normally in our waking state the left brain dominance subconsciously screens out our emotional energy blockages - and so we constantly are creating subconscious emotional blockages while in left-brain dominance.

So then what happens is that if we get an emotional energy healing - the left brain will fight the healing just as like an exorcism that is occurring. And that is exactly what the qigong master is picking up while doing the healing above.

So - for example if someone had PTSD - then their subconscious association will trigger the trauma while awake and since their waking left brain can not consciously handle the emotional blockage - then the person will burst out in anger. In fact the anger is a reaction to deep fear - because the fight-flight deep stress response has been activated.

And so the qigong training is based on sublimating the lower emotional energy to open up the right side of the brain via the vagus nerve - and so this is through the relaxed kidney energy that has to be built up first. And then once the right brain "clears out" from the jing energy building up then it switches over the left brain - and that is how the left brain blockages are cleared out.

So this is why it is much easier for the qigong masters to do spirit healing on people when they are asleep so that their left brain while awake does not fight the energy blockage that is really an emotional blockage.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OldSaint said:

Secret Smile is the foundation for many systems of practice. Mind body connection. 

Why secret ? xD

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CloudHands said:

Why secret ? xD

It is called secret because it is supposed to be all internal.  Actually it has external physical manifestations and can be achieved via some physical techniques.  In fact it is possible to see the external manifestation of the 'secret' smile if one knows where to look.   Most think it's entirely derived from internal mental jerking off but that's the typical fundamentalist approach.

Edit:   Actually the more common term is 'inner smile', not 'secret smile', but using the term secret makes it seem more exotic (egoism) and aids in their misunderstanding ... helps to keep it secret from themselves  :)

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

Just now, Starjumper said:

Edit:   Actually the more common term is 'inner smile', not 'secret smile', but using the term secret makes it seem more exotic (egoism) and aids in their misunderstanding ... helps to keep it secret from themselves  :)

Why to keep secret something that helps self and others ? I studied neurologie for a lil while and there are (of course) auto-feedback between how the body is set up and the emotional experience.

I used to live in some places where most of the first eye contacts are hard looking. You know, that unpeaceful fighting spirit openly demonstrated ? lol. So... most people end up looking down. I guess they look at their phones now.

A soft smile on the face open many gates, creates many bridges. I write that as a reminder for myself too.

35206013e7b0f1e9a519e563c9ab1c12--positi

Edited by CloudHands
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, CloudHands said:

A soft smile on the face open many gates, creates many bridges. I write that as a reminder for myself too.

Yes, and I was told that one should normally have that soft slight smile while doing chi kung.  For one thing it shows we are relaxed and not tense or straining, but the main thing is that 'he said' the look you have on your face while doing chi kung will get stuck there.

Why to keep secret something that helps self and others ?

I'm willing to share the method of the inner smile that I know of ... but no one asks.

• Like 3

The smile is from primatology - primates practice a "submissive gesture" as a smile.

The inner smile is from the tree shrew - the early primate jaw bone is our "Inner ear" that connects to the pineal gland .

So the cerebellum brain - this controls emotions and motions and has a greater cortex surface area than the cerebrum - so more dense neurons.

So what is called the 6th sense or any of the senses that is transduced by the pineal gland - is from proprioception via ultrasound and nonlocal quantum consciousness.

So - the highest pitch sound you hear externally resonates as ultrasound of the whole brain and then increases serotonin bliss - this is called the "hypersonic effect" and found in natural sounds and nonwestern music tunings based on natural harmonics.

So the alpha brain wave - then is the 7 to 8 beats per second that creates a standing wave with the Schumann resonance with the Earth.

You can see the inner smile in the sparkle gleam in animals' eyes - this inner bliss serotonin happiness.

Left brain dominance of modern humans loses touch from beta waves because the left brain vagus nerve does not connect to the right brain but the right brain vagus nerve connects to the left brain.

It is the vagus nerve that sublimates the lower body neurohormones as we have tons of serotonin in the "2nd brain" - the neurons of the small intestines.

• Like 2

I always thought Glenn Morris called it the 'Secret' Smile because it gave you a large warm smile and made people wonder what the hell you were smiling about.  Here's a thread on it.

Course there's a good chance there's more then one Secret Smile technique floating around.  Doc Morris's is similar to Healing Tao's but instead of being 'organ/spirit' based is more emotional and orbit related. 

In the past you could find some youtube videos on it. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I'm willing to share the method of the inner smile that I know of ... but no one asks.

Can you please explain what is the inner smile?

An uncontrollable smile that comes from within?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KuroShiro said:

Can you please explain what is the inner smile?

An uncontrollable smile that comes from within?

That is part of it.  An inner smile is real and can be seen by others.   Before getting into it I want to share some of what the inner smile is not, plus I like comedy.  These are not real nor inner smiles:

nancy-pelosi-scary.jpg   p022_4_02_03.jpg

funny-dog-teeth.jpg  mona-braces.jpg

So I think we can agree that those aren't really sincere smiles, nor are they real, nor are they inner; in fact with the first two you san see they actually look sad or scared, you know they are fake people.

Now for some real smiles:

Smile-14.jpg  2464859674_a366f055c4.jpg

And now for an inner smile, this one will give it away:

depositphotos_5801033-Young-woman-with-s  

So you see, an inner smile is with the eyes, the mouth does not matter.

An inner smile DOES have an outer physical manifestation.

I have practiced this in public and noticed.  I walk around smiling with my eyes but with the mouth completely neutral and I found that people will smile back at me when normally they wouldn't, and sometimes they will do a double take when they realize they can't see a smile on my mouth.  So they know I'm smiling but they can't see it, that is an inner smile.

Next I will explain some methods

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

There are several smiling practices.  My understanding is that the secret smile, as taught by KAP (kundalini awakening process) is different from the inner smile of the Healing Tao.  If you`d like to read a free ebook on Michael Winns version of the inner smile (and are willing to give your email out to be on his mailing list -- recommended) you can get it here: https://healingtaousa.com/

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

There are several overlapping ways to achieve this inner smile, and when you practice the meditational aspect it can put an inner smile on your face spontaneously and automatically, with no intent required.

The outer way is to exercise some eye muscles.  The muscles you want to work on are shown in this picture at the #3 location, at the corners of the eyes.

eyes.jpg

What you want to do is try to pull this part of your face, the corners of your eyes, back towards your ears.  This takes some practice and may not be possible at first since you need to train your brain to work these muscles.  One way to do this is by smiling with your mouth closed and trying to pull this part of your eyes back,  When you identify the correct muscles then you can slowly relax you mouth but maintain the contraction in these eye/face muscles.

There is a meditation you can do which triggers this same response, and that is humming at a high pitch with each breath while in sitting meditation.  Make each breath full and long and don't be bashful, make the sound strongly.  Voidisyinyang mentioned high pitched sounds and how they affect your nervous system.  If you hum at a high pitch repeatedly as a meditation you will eventually (could take months or years) find that it triggers these same muscles and automatically induces an inner smile.  The internal mediational way is the way it really should be approached instead of just working externally on your face muscles.  Humming at a high pitch provides several other powerful benefits on the spiritual cultivation path but that is for some other thread some other time.

This is one way, this is the Tien Shan way.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Starjumper said:

And now for an inner smile, this one will give it away:

depositphotos_5801033-Young-woman-with-s  

So you see, an inner smile is with the eyes, the mouth does not matter.

An inner smile DOES have an outer physical manifestation.

I have practiced this in public and noticed.  I walk around smiling with my eyes but with the mouth completely neutral and I found that people will smile back at me when normally they wouldn't, and sometimes they will do a double take when they realize they can't see a smile on my mouth.  So they know I'm smiling but they can't see it, that is an inner smile.

Next I will explain some methods

14 hours ago, Starjumper said:

There are several overlapping ways to achieve this inner smile, and when you practice the meditational aspect it can put an inner smile on your face spontaneously and automatically, with no intent required.

The outer way is to exercise some eye muscles.  The muscles you want to work on are shown in this picture at the #3 location, at the corners of the eyes.

What you want to do is try to pull this part of your face, the corners of your eyes, back towards your ears.  This takes some practice and may not be possible at first since you need to train your brain to work these muscles.  One way to do this is by smiling with your mouth closed and trying to pull this part of your eyes back,  When you identify the correct muscles then you can slowly relax you mouth but maintain the contraction in these eye/face muscles.

There is a meditation you can do which triggers this same response, and that is humming at a high pitch with each breath while in sitting meditation.  Make each breath full and long and don't be bashful, make the sound strongly.  Voidisyinyang mentioned high pitched sounds and how they affect your nervous system.  If you hum at a high pitch repeatedly as a meditation you will eventually (could take months or years) find that it triggers these same muscles and automatically induces an inner smile.  The internal mediational way is the way it really should be approached instead of just working externally on your face muscles.  Humming at a high pitch provides several other powerful benefits on the spiritual cultivation path but that is for some other thread some other time.

Starjumper thank you very much for your detailed posts.

Yes, the eyes also "smile" with the inner smile you refer. One could talk about a real/heartfelt (not fake) smile?

However when I wrote "an uncontrollable smile that comes from within" I was thinking about something which I have experienced and wanted to know if it was this inner smile you guys were talking about.

Some time after acupuncture treatment I have felt what could be described as qi ascending from the LTT or MTT to the head/face and transforming itself in a smile or little laughter and a state of profound happiness. I could not control either the smile or the happiness as it's a question of 1-3 seconds and happens spontaneously (it leaves a lasting effect though).

I think it was either the dissolution of blockages/disease and/or the result of treatment directed to the Spirit.

Has someone here experienced this? Will higher levels of cultivation lead to similar experiences?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Starjumper said:

eyes.jpg

Thank you starjumper,

going into meditation I generally break out in a smile after some minutes, feels as if it comes out of my heart.

But this eye-thingy is nice. I've been playing with that today and it has an interesting effect.

Isn't that point near the eye a point on the livermeridian?

• Like 2

On 07/07/2017 at 2:17 PM, Earl Grey said:

In every practice I have, I am told not to be upset when cultivating qi. Either be happy or neutral, but never enter with a negative emotion. If I have a negative emotion, sit or stand for an hour and check myself before doing any work with qi. The reason I was given is that the negative emotions can create blockages and also, we don't want to spread negative qi throughout the body. 

I went to class yesterday after an argument and I felt broken for it.

I've taken the day off and isolated myself today. I figured that I'm exhausted (have been dealing with some difficult personal circumstances) Time to reflect and let this mood pass.

I developed a system of yoga that takes main points above discussed. To a simple asana routine, I add a smile, or varying emotions similar to the secret smile.  I call it "heart yoga" because it tends to open the heart energetic center.

As far as starting practice with the perfect emotional state, don't worry. The masters knew that we all come into practice at many different emotional states and mindsets. Its the practice that can transform this in a jiffy, because as you increase your qi flow, you can use that as a lever to amplify a positive emotional state. Over time the practice becomes your "happy place" and is an instant emotional anchor. This is what the masters mean, when they say with so few words, to just be that positive emotional state.

Another interesting comment I'd like to address is if these emotions are "just" passions. Yes on a lower level, but much more than passions as you develop the heart. The power of higher love reveals itself within the passion all along, but subtler, less attached, having more in common with some level of emptiness. However the way to achieve the higher quality of love is through the frequent practice of the heart center. The effectiveness is born out by all the many schools that practice some form of devotion, such as Tantra, Hassidut, guru yoga, etc.

• Like 3

As long as we have a physical body, we will have desires. These desires will lead to 7 emotions within our body.

Seven emotions: 喜 pleasure, 怒 anger, 悲 sorrow, 惊 fright, 忧 worry, 恐 fear, 思 thought. The seven emotions are triggered when 神行于体内 the Shen is moving within the physical body. When these emotions are out of balanced, people around us and the corresponding internal organ will be affected negatively.

The Six desires and seven emotions will color our overall perception of the world through 自觉(sense of self awareness), 感觉(sense of feeling), 知觉(sense of knowing),无觉(state beyond senses).

How do you know that it is your Shen communicating with you and not some entity outside of yourself?

Seal sensory organs and 下三阴 lower 3 yin (前阴 front yin, 后阴 back yin and 会阴 huiyin) - this creates changes inside the body and triggers the seven emotions. Here the emotions will be relatively balanced,干净 “clean and pure” and will not potentially harm the internal organs.

Stabilize body and activate pore breathing, gradually shift from normal breathing to inner breathing and True breathing.

Once the practitioner's own human universe is properly sealed, the emotions and desires will be more stabilized and this will allow the 神光 Shen Guang to enter from 天目 Tian Mu directly into the 下田 Xia Tian。 Otherwise the light may be directed to the organ that has the corresponding emotion out of balanced rather than into the 小腹 Xiao Fu cavity eg if practitioner is feeling anger, the 神光 Shen Guang will end up in the liver instead of the 下田 Xia Tian.

• Like 3

Spoiler

From the point of view of Acupuncture and TCM the quality of ones' qi is directly related to ones' emotions due to how qi is produced, stored and also transformed inside the body.

Every one of our Zang (Organs) has a Soul/Spirit attached to it. The heart has the Shen (Spirit, responsible for consciousness / lucidity ), the liver has the Hun (Ethereal Soul, responsible for planning and decision making), the Spleen/Pancreas has the Pi (responsible for rational and analitic thought), the Kidneys have the Zhi (Willpower, responsible for all survival instinct and the "flee or fight" reaction) and the lungs have the Po (Corporeal Soul, responsible for the general state of health of the body).

Each of those Souls is influenced by feelings, and also produces them.

Literature is contraditory on this aspect of which is right - if the Souls produce ones' emotions, if only the Shen does it, or if the souls only connect ones' body to ones' spirit.

The result, however, is that the following emotions affect the following Zang:

Excessive Happiness (such as religious ecstasy) harms the Heart.

Anger harms the Liver.

Excessive analitical thought harms the Spleen/Pancreas.

Excessive fear harms the Kidneys.

Excessive sadness harms the Lungs.

An extended version of this theory, seen as modern-age emotional inteligence is a bit more complex, says the following:

Emotional states of excessive excitation (maniac states) or excessive disheartened states (like those of not seeing any beauty in the world) harm the heart.

States of Anger, Frustration or holding Grudges harm the Liver.

States of mental superexcitement (mental jerking off) or mental idleness (mental lazyness) harm the Spleen/Pancreas.

States of fear like "fearing for your life", general continuos stress and over-authorianism harm the Kidneys (just see the US presidents, haha... all have early aging signs).

States of Melancholy, Longing, Woe, Sorrow and similar hurt the Lungs.

Now, what does that means on practice?

It means that those states will either create excess yang on your zang (maniac states, anger, mental jerking off, etc) or excess yin (disheartenement, grudges, mental idleness), which will act the SAME as if you had external qi infecting your body !

That means it will either BURN or FREEZE a small piece of your Zang (not entirely, of course, and your body will recover - but that means the Zang will be harmed, losing a bit of yin and/or yang).

This will affect both the Pure Substances which are present on the Zang, the Zang itself, and also the quality of the Qi in your whole body - Since the Heart and Lungs help produce the Zhong Qi, the Kidneys are the producers of Zheng Qi, the Spleen/Pancreas is responsible for the Free Flux of Qi and the Liver is responsible for the Harmony of Qi.

On simpler words :

Maniac, disheartened, sorrowfull and melancholic states will reduce the amount of Qi you produce (and also fuck your body in many other ways... including your blood, or Xue, which is as, or even more, important than Qi...).

Anger, Grudges, Frustration, Indecision and such will make your Qi becomes unharmonic (you will have peaks of qi around your body - it won't be even all around, as it should be, exactly like it becomes after drinking alcohol).

Mental jerking off or mental iddleness will make your Qi stagnate around your body (be it by lack of force to move it around because you exercised your mind too much -mental jerking off- or by lack of force to move it around because you don't exercise your mind at all (mental iddleness).

Constant states of fear and/or stress, or being too autoritharian, will make your Qi empty and void, and it won't nourish or heat your body at all - it will be feeble, and most of its ethereal components will simply be washed out on your urine.

So, there you have it.

Spoiler

Reeeeeeeally boring Wall of Text

I don't know about practice details, but there are emotions which will make you have low amounts of Qi, emotions which will make it crazy as if you were drunk, emotions which will make it stagnate around your body and meridians, and emotions which will make it go down your wee-wee (for the explanation of why in accordance to TCM and acupuncture, look at the Spoiler above).

Of course, any of those would be harmfull for any qigong practice.

"Inner smilling", not only during practice but also at all moments you can, is just finding the right emotions to be able to avoid this shit :)

Spoiler

On a side note, anything which messes with your Heart will mess with your Shen (Consciousness/Lucidity), and since Shen is what controlls Qi in conscious Qigong.... weeeeelll.... you should be happy if you just couldn't cultivate at all, since the other option is, say, send Qi to places it definetely SHOULDN'T be sent to :)

Edited by Desmonddf