Sign in to follow this  
Oolong Rabbit

Video of African Shaman Levitating

I only got 1 reply to this on the taoist levitation thread, so figured I would post it on its own thread. What do you guys think?

Just found this on youtube:

An African Shaman levitating

tW6pVFOpE6Q

Looks more like some kind of spirit invocation, than chi though.

I only got 1 reply to this on the taoist levitation thread, so figured I would post it on its own thread. What do you guys think?

it is slightly more fake than the lao-zi's quote in your signature :lol:

Looks fake

Edited by freesun

Very interesting, thanks for posting! To me, the footage is entirely inconclusive. It is unclear, following simply from what is seen, whether it is a fake or not. I suspect there are some shamans in Africa who can levitate, yet most cannot. The shear numbers who cannot, makes it probable that this is a fake. Yet, it may just be legit, as there is some small chance this is one of the guys who can; and inference to the best explanation is a rather weak argument when dealing with uncommon phenomenon.

In any case, it is always fun and interesting to investigate these examples. Thanks for posting!

In kind regards,

Adam.

the only thing that inclines me toward thinking its fake is that he really appears to be trying...like he's putting on a show and has some people to convince. we all know that the energy flows the best when one is relaxed...other than that, inconclusive.

Okay. I kind of like Adam West's view. Odds are it is probably fake, but then again who can say for certain. According to the commentator, the camera guys think it's real. It's too bad we couldn't have gotten a better view of the surroundings.

As for Chris Angel, I am much more impressed with this shaman. These guys don't have access to high tech gear like ultrathin high capacity wires etc... Also it's well known that Angel's "audience" are often paid actors who are in on the tricks.

Brgds!

it is impossible to say precisely what is going on.

My sense is that he's in a trance state and has invoked some spirit energy which is lifting him.

It isnt the same kettle of fish as tibetan style levitation.

anyone who has drummed and danced around a fire at night in a rural location, knows that all kinds of stuff can happen! B)

interesting to se, thankyou.

anyone who has drummed and danced around a fire at night in a rural location, knows that all kinds of stuff can happen! B)

The drumming to a constant beat and the dancing around a fire (producing flashes of light) is proven to entrain the mind to specific brainwave patterns such as theta, where out of body experiences, lucid dreaming and all sorts of paranormal things happen.

But defying the law of gravity is not one of them.

Yeah defying the "law" of gravity is impossible. So when guys like John Hutchinson do accomplish it, the scientific community labels it an "anomaly" and ignores him. I doubt we will see eye to eye on this Buddy as you seem like a materialist, but I try to remain open minded about spiritual abilities/psi. Most are frauds, but I think some like John Chang are the real deal. It seems like every couple of centuries we think we are at the pinnacle of knowledge, and then something happens to prove how ignorant we really were.

The funny thing is, there is no scientific agreement as to how aeroplanes etc actually stay in the air.

they theorise, but just dont really know.

Please. There is a vast gulf between using "devices" for moving objects and magic tricks. I notice Hutchison doesn't use live subjects. He is NOT defying gravity any more than birds nor airplanes do.

If you look closely, you can see him fighting to keep himself upright - he starts to swing ever so slightly, like balancing himself. If one could lift their body off the ground by magic, I doubt there would be much concern for losing balance. If he can defy gravity, why stay in one place? Do it out in the open, away from trees, during the day? Why not fly around, do a few flips, have fun with it... , but what do I know about levitation...?

:D

What is it that drives us to believe in something beyond what is right inside of us and in front of our eyes? Isn't all of creation and experience magical enough?

If you look closely, you can see him fighting to keep himself upright - he starts to swing ever so slightly, like balancing himself. If one could lift their body off the ground by magic, I doubt there would be much concern for losing balance. If he can defy gravity, why stay in one place? Do it out in the open, away from trees, during the day? Why not fly around, do a few flips, have fun with it... , but what do I know about levitation...?

:D

This kind of thinking simply doesnt work. You take something you have no knowledge of whatsoever and compare it to your own fantasy of it.

What about a virgin talking about sex? How useful would that be?

The funny thing is, there is no scientific agreement as to how aeroplanes etc actually stay in the air.

The wings design is pushing the air down and thus lifts the plane up. Aerodynamics is a well established part of science without any magical or mystical beliefs. Where have you heard there is a scientific debate about what makes the planes fly?

This kind of thinking simply doesnt work. You take something you have no knowledge of whatsoever and compare it to your own fantasy of it.

What about a virgin talking about sex? How useful would that be?

Who here has actually done levitation? Does anybody here have personal experience with true levitation? as opposed to the levitatino done with ropes... Or maby the levitation(full-lotus bouncing) done in Transcendental Meditation? I would love to hear about how it feels or is done.

I used to work a lot on this some years ago. In my meditation group we managed to levitate a small piece of wool 3 cm in the air. It was not woobly or unsteady at all. It was lifted as if it was a part of the air around it, supported in every angle.

The way this shaman is insecure about his balance is just screaming "I have a rope around my waist".

^ You levitated wool??? How so? Got any vids to show that?

Huh? It's pretty simple - when the pressure below the airfoil > pressure above it (via Bernoulli's equation), then the plane gets lifted up.

Same way you get up in the water when you go water-skiing. You place your skis at an angle as you get pulled forward. And an airfoil does the exact same thing.

As far as this vid - who knows? I don't see anything obviously fake, but videos are never conclusive in themselves, either.

The theories point to the same truth in various awkward, confusing ways. I had an insight into the best explanation some years ago, a simple and obvious truth. The point is, they do know, and I know it better but I'm not telling.

Edited by Starjumper7

I used to work a lot on this some years ago. In my meditation group we managed to levitate a small piece of wool 3 cm in the air. It was not woobly or unsteady at all. It was lifted as if it was a part of the air around it, supported in every angle.

The way this shaman is insecure about his balance is just screaming "I have a rope around my waist".

I would like to know about your technique with the wool. Was it combined intent or did you also do energy work on it?

Concerning the video, there is a lot about it the suggests it is a fake, the abruptness of the rising motions, the leg movement to maintain balance, the ring of fire to keep the curious away, the darkness. However, there appears to be no tree overhead, but can't be sure.

However, my long time teacher, one of the most powerful chi kung masters, accepts levitation as fact. He told me that levitation serves no useful purpose because it is too slow and it wastes too much energy and yet he had me try it and told me how. He showed me newspaper clippings from a Chinese newspaper about a levitation contest that was held in Europe, it included a photo of the winner. The last couple of nights I have had some dreams of levitating with special emphasis on the technique so this thread appears to have some synchronicity for me since I've been gone for six months and on my return it's at the top of the line.

Edited by Starjumper7

^ You levitated wool??? How so? Got any vids to show that?Huh?

No vids :) We did it only once. It demanded a lot of dedicated work and focus. We went on to do other things afterwards and I havent done anything with it since.

I would like to know about your technique with the wool. Was it combined intent or did you also do energy work on it?

I used to work with something called Melchizedecs Method. It is a channeled method working with the merkabha as an energetid tool. The levitating method consisted of manipulating the elements in the object, calling in the angel of air and some elemental beings to assist us. Dont remember their names. We faded the other elements and enchanced the air element aswell as using the merkabha to rise its frequency. We were 6 or 7 people highly dedicated people doing the same thing putting all our focus and energy into it and we only levitated it a little bit.

I agree with your teacher that it wastes a lot of energy. We went on to do other things because it demanded so much work for too little in return. I dont think levitation by itself gives anything of spiritual value. But it made me confident that true levitation is possible, and that it probably is easy for people at a high level of realization. And I believe it also made me able to recognize fake from the real stuff. But as I never have seen anyone levitate their own body I cant be shure.

Do anybody have a clip of true levitation???

Sign in to follow this