allinone

I don't deserve life

Went outside to find and eat berries, i noticed a bug on a berry and i took it away as its nothing. Whhyyyyy

10 minutes ago, allinone said:

Went outside to find and eat berries, i noticed a bug on a berry and i took it away as its nothing. Whhyyyyy

Some inner turmoil being projected on to the outside world.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allinone said:

Because you didn't care about the bug.  All you cared about was your own desire to eat the berry.

Okay, that's a little selfish but nothing serious.  Would you have done the same thing if it were a small starving child that was about to pick the berry you wanted?

We set priorities in our life.  If I was really hungry I might have done the same thing.

• Like 1

I'd recommend stopping with the high philosophical approach for a while and finding some long hard work.  We get so far into our heads that we cause ourselves a boatload of problems.  Sometimes we gotta exhaust the body to calm the mind and regain equanimity. 

I don't know about your life, but if you find a way to work hard and long, I bet questions like.. what happened to that bug that was on a berry I ate will naturally be put into the category it belongs.. ie trivia.  If it's not a job, then find a charity that needs some heavy lifting.  Put yourself to better, more productive work then worrying about bugs an berries. 

• Like 7

Before I clicked, I had the wrong idea about this thread: I thought it was about a person, not a bug.  I think I`ll say what I was going to say anyways, even if maybe it is a bit out of context.  

Life isn`t about deserve. If we`re alive, we`re alive -- end of story.  There`s nothing we need to do to deserve the right to take up space on this planet.  Life is given, not earned.  What`s earned is what we make of it.

• Like 9

Leaves bug on berry .... bird swoops in and eats it . 

• Like 2

I try to save bugs when I can, or just leave them be. (Rather than squish em for being in my space)

You Can easily shoo a bug off of a berry though. 

And if it's a wild berry wouldn't there be others to choose from?

or you can eat both the bug and berry. 

It could have some kind of sweet n salty thing going on. 

• Like 4

yes. I was a bit confused about  what   "and I took it away  "   meant ? 

Reminds me of a  ' joke '  that the same ending could apply to here ;

A comedian was being interviewed about what it is life to have that profession ...  and a question, has he ever really messed his act up on stage .   He winced and ...

"One time, most eople were having a great time and laughing ... except this older couple in the front... I couldnt  get a smile. So I stopped and said 'I notice you are not smiling ... is something wrong ?"

They said  " Yes ... recently our son was taken  out by a shark ."

The whole place went dead and a gloom settled down.  Thinking it is my job as a comedian , to lift up peoples spirits , and in some blind moment of idiocy, I  offered ...

" Well ....... perhaps the shark too him  out somewhere nice ? " 

Image result for bad joke reaction  gif

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

yes. I was a bit confused about  what   "and I took it away  "   meant ? 

Reminds me of a  ' joke '  that the same ending could apply to here ;

A comedian was being interviewed about what it is life to have that profession ...  and a question, has he ever really messed his act up on stage .   He winced and ...

"One time, most eople were having a great time and laughing ... except this older couple in the front... I couldnt  get a smile. So I stopped and said 'I notice you are not smiling ... is something wrong ?"

They said  " Yes ... recently our son was taken  out by a shark ."

The whole place went dead and a gloom settled down.  Thinking it is my job as a comedian , to lift up peoples spirits , and in some blind moment of idiocy, I  offered ...

" Well ....... perhaps the shark too him  out somewhere nice ? " 

Their son has just been killed so they go to see a comedy act?  Or did they mean 'taken out' as in on a date?  I don't think relationships with large fish ever work out well.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, allinone said:

Such a waste!

I'm sure it won't be difficult to find another bug to eat on another berry: they lay their eggs on the black ones.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OldSaint said:

Your system is running at very low efficiency. Keep practicing your chi kung. 

i arrived where i never have reached before. So yes the energies are low i assume. But there is also different ways to look at things.

As i can spend my energies and not fill them and i reach the same place theoretically.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Such a waste!

I'm sure it won't be difficult to find another bug to eat on another berry: they lay their eggs on the black ones.

mind moved, so even if it isn't significant physically, i still sinned. For mind there is all equal.

15 hours ago, thelerner said:

I'd recommend stopping with the high philosophical approach for a while and finding some long hard work.  We get so far into our heads that we cause ourselves a boatload of problems.  Sometimes we gotta exhaust the body to calm the mind and regain equanimity. 

I don't know about your life, but if you find a way to work hard and long, I bet questions like.. what happened to that bug that was on a berry I ate will naturally be put into the category it belongs.. ie trivia.  If it's not a job, then find a charity that needs some heavy lifting.  Put yourself to better, more productive work then worrying about bugs an berries. 

i know that state of mind. Its currently too far so i can't tell what it is to me. Currently i feel like i am a Santa Claus.

I think that state you think is  "brothers in crime"

Edited by allinone

20 minutes ago, allinone said:

i still sinned

did you, really? 

Edited by phil48
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, phil48 said:

did you, really? 

physical activity is a result of many processes of mind. Some takes years to fruit. I did put my life more important place than that bug. But that bug is potentially been human or insectoid whatever, will also come human at some point and there is possibility that when we meet again then i am in a disadvantage compared to that being etc.

3 hours ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

Your problem can be resolved in one second if you would open yourself to opportunities. 

Agree.  You should have eaten the bug.  Good protein.

And then you and the bug would have been One.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Apech said:

Their son has just been killed so they go to see a comedy act?  Or did they mean 'taken out' as in on a date?  I don't think relationships with large fish ever work out well.

are you sure about that ? 

Image result for babylonian fish man

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

are you sure about that ? 

Image result for babylonian fish man

Clearly, that's just a load of carp.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

But they have evolved to be beautiful Koi.  Inter- breeding isn't all that bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Exactly - where are they now? Eh?

I was listening to a series of Joseph Campbell lectures recently where he breached the topic of human sacrifice.

Basically a large number of primitive societies practiced human sacrifice as part of their varied rituals.  One particular ritual described by Campbell involved choosing the most attractive Girl and Boy during a coming of age ritual.  

These two had ritual sex then were both killed.  The sacrifice was witnessed by the adults and the rest of the children-cum-adults participating in the coming-of-age ritual.

While this seems cruel and insane to our modern civilized sensibilities, Campbell actually unpacked the meaning of this particular ritual in his lecture.  

The basic point was that all life grows, evolves and feeds on forms of life lower in the food chain.  We crush insects beneath our feet as we walk, we kill billions of microorganisms when we bathe, and we kill and eat other life forms to survive (plants and animals).  

Our presence in this world is based on cruelty, yet we cling to life because our instincts demand it.  

When we chunk up we see that even though each link along the evolutionary chain lives in the wake of the death of others, a sort of meaning evolves.  

Life would not be possible without death.  Meaning is possible only when the fullness of life and death can be embraced.  

The human sacrifice rituals served as a reminder to ancient societies of this fundamental truth, according to Campbell.  

"Killing is lamentable, but necessary."

-Miyamoto Musashi.

Maybe it is not about deserving life, but life is a gift that is given and taken freely by the universe.  In this light our redemption is in the meaning that we give to life by the compassion, and love that we show to others.  

Image result for kali

• Like 3