Sign in to follow this  
qicat

Online Teaching Opportunity (E-Teaching)

hi Bums.

I go this email last night and thought I would share. Perhaps some teachers around here might find it useful as an extra income. Refer to their website for details ( hiring section).

( there is a discussion of how to make money and practice and I think online teaching might be a good path, but I cannot find that thread as I cannot navigate the forum since monday...)

I am contacting you regarding a position we have open teaching online (E-Learning) on Lernsys.com. Lernsys Inc. is rapidly expanding in the United States and Canada. You have been referred as a strong candidate for consideration. Lernsys, recently featured in an article on USA Today, is a leading provider of premium academic content, engaging video courses and customized academic materials for home-schooled, public, and private school students in North America and around the world.

We offer an excellent income opportunity working flexible hours remotely creating video-lessons which we market, offer and sell on Lernsys.com. On average, we expect our teachers to earn up to $4,750 per month, depending on subject, grade and course length. If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we ask that you let us know as soon as possible as we hope to finalize our decision making process in the coming days.

Sincerely,

---

Rachel Moore
Lernsys Inc.
Education, Your Way.
855-LERNSYS

p.s. no need to discuss actual company here, I am not affiliate with them, just a random email in an inbox...

somebody should create a class "Everything they told you so far is a lie, or how to read Tao Te Ching in 21st century" and through some taichi there for kids to learn:P

• Like 2

Yes someone should, but the potential audience has an aversion to attitudes which conflict with the attitudes already held. Logical arguments only address the rational consideration of How to do something , not, Why one should do something.

( I recognize there are those who will disagree with this , and I implore them to examine whether you can non forcefully persuade someone they should change their attitude , without resorting to trickery,  psych pressure, or exposing practical flaws in the ideas they already hold. I don't think they will do it. )

In general a person feels that they are already perfect in their reactions to facts , or they must exercise some right to define for themselves what the perfect attitude is. 

Not only that , but , it gets very difficult to prove what truth actually is , to someone who has already determined something alternate. ( that's why they already hold the opinions they do). 

• Like 1

Hmnn, they want people to create online video e-learning material for them.   I'm a little leery and would call this a definite NO, if this 'job offer' needs you to send them any money before you could begin. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thelerner said:

Hmnn, they want people to create online video e-learning material for them.   I'm a little leery and would call this a definite NO, if this 'job offer' needs you to send them any money before you could begin. 

that's actually not a big issue

the big issue is that is marketed as "school alternative". Whatever happened to actual teaching standards? Imagine giving a kid an Ipod and leave him/her alone for 12 years to watch those videos.... 

( long rant about current state of education in the world, kitty gets bored and annoyed and leaves...)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this