Sign in to follow this  
Aletheia

Moving Yin and Yang

I was wondering about breathing during moving yin/yang because I watched this video -

and he's going slower than when I do it. What I noticed is I breathe with the left hand. Breathe in going up and out going down. When I do seated meditation I timed my breathing at about once every 50 seconds, but I'm much quicker when I'm doing moving yin/yang.

So I'm wondering about breathing and coordination during moving yin/yang?

• Like 1

My written grammar is not so good. I just noticed the title of this thread LOL. I wonder if I or one of the admin can edit it?

Edited by Aletheia

He emphasizes slow breathing and visualization but he also says that it is great to sweat from doing this exercise.

So he says to have a good sweat from moving of  yin and yang to cultivate the energy before doing sitting meditation.

He developed new exercises so they were easier for more people whereas back in 2000 he asked the Level 3 conference to do 2 hours nonstop of "moving yin and yang." haha.

So then he said - about 5 years later - that he was getting "Americanized."

So he says the more you bend your knees, the more weight you lose - the more you sweat - and therefore breath deeper and faster.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

I can do a deep horse stance moving yin/yang. Maybe I can break it up into 15/20 minutes at a time a few times each day?

When I started doing moving yin/yang I was all over the place with my head slumping forward all the time and my shoulders collapsing forward too which I continuously had to correct. But I'm much more stable now.

Anyway, right now I'm turning in to a complete Western degenerate and I'm not mind celibate so I'm going to start from day zero again. Although I did do way over 100 days mind/body celibacy after I brought on my kundalini awakening so I do still feel the DT and 3rd eye. But I got to the point where I wasn't being consistent and wasn't being properly celibate and the 3rd eye wasn't really there other than perhaps my imagination. Then I did 5 rounds of wim hof with the first two rounds seated and the last 3 with legs fully bent and during the legs bent part I felt the 3rd eye straight away.

In a few weeks I'm going to the countryside for a month or two and I'm going to do fasted mediation in a big pine forest by a stream to try and open my 3rd eye more!

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 2

I've been doing fifteen minutes of moving yin/yang on and off-again for 2 years, inhaling with left hand going up, exhaling with right hand going down. After a few weeks, the breath gets really slow. Maybe 3 or 4 hand rotations per minute. The hands feel magnetic. The column of light that you've been building really comes alive. One time, my hands seemed to move automatically, like it was guided by something other than myself.

I never break up the movement and do it independent of the rest of the level 1 sequence. I've always wanted to try it but it never got around to it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aletheia said:

My written grammar is not so good. I just noticed the title of this thread LOL. I wonder if I or one of the admin can edit it?

You can edit it yourself by clicking edit on the first post.

• Like 1

1. First of all, breathe naturally.

2. Don't attend a retreat with the aim of opening your third eye, if this thing really exists. The entire you is the third eye but not yet aware of it. 

3. Attend a retreat with the aim of relaxing yourself and letting go of EVERYTHING (not as easy as it seems because of the nature of extents of the blockages you carry)...so,

4. Attend a retreat with the goal of enjoying it and learn something from it even if it's a minuscule thing.

5. A good meditative technique is exploring/scanning the entire body from crown head to toes and observe those blockages, why there are there in the first place. 

6. Slow the monkey mind down to a halt (internal chatter). Work on this, if you can manage to completely stop it while focusing on the breathjng in and out all the time and then observing the subtle mind changes that will be a bonus. 

You'll fortunately have many more retreats in the future.

Enjoy and relax :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the help!

I haven't really been doing any meditation and for some reason I didn't notice. So that's why I'm having some problems atm.

However, I spent a few hours breathing/meditating after my last post and realised sometimes I could feel the 3rd eye pretty much right at the beginning of the first breathe and other times whilst getting started I didn't feel it. So I was thinking it was something to do with my concentration being too much in my head and too narrow. But that's not it, it's the position of the eyes, I think. I'll have to check to make sure.

But, I think I feel the 3rd eye when I slightly cross my eyes and look up a bit and that seems to connect the 3rd eye with the DT.

Anyway, I ended up falling asleep and I dreamt an old friend was over at my house and he started projecting really strong qi at me so I had to cover my face with my arms but it was too much for me to handle and it ended up putting me to sleep. Then when I woke up the whole house had been ransacked and my friend had disappeared.

The house obviously refers to the body like Derrida's "a" in "differance" with regard to Egyptian tomb's preconceptual liminal zones -- the body is where the eternal essences contact then resonate through material reality.

I need to get my house in order then when I go away to open my 3rd eye I'll receive an abundance of qi!

Please don't be alarmed if you hear about a full scale UFO invasion occurring in a British forest sometime later this summer because it will likely only be some locals inadvertently stumbling into my massive 3rd eye yin field and experiencing space-time distortions with the world melting around a huge blinking eye just like what happened during the Rendlesham Forest incident.

Edited by Aletheia

I realized the key to the qigong movements is moving as slow as possible. Imo the idea is to slow down the mind as much as possible so that you go into the emptiness while doing the movements.

As Master Lin once said before, the third-eye is not really an 'eye'. It is extrasensory perception, so it can be a third-ear, third-touch, whatever else. And it opens up in degrees, so there's no actual 'switch'. It's already open to a small degree to people who regularly practice qigong and slowly open up the more you build the foundation and possibly do the sun/moon/rainbow meditations.

Edited by taoguy
  • Like 2

On 7/6/2017 at 10:59 PM, Aletheia said:

I think I feel the 3rd eye when I slightly cross my eyes and look up a bit and that seems to connect the 3rd eye with the DT.

The eye position does help you to focus on the right spot but I wouldn't try to 'connect' it with anything, that can be a mistake.  If you are connecting things for no reason why not connect it to your heart, or hour right knee?  Forget connections, they happen automatically, and doing it on purpose can hurt you.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, taoguy said:

As Master Lin once said before, the third-eye is not really an 'eye'. It is extrasensory perception, so it can be a third-ear, third-touch, whatever else. And it opens up in degrees, so there's no actual 'switch'. It's already open to a small degree to people who regularly practice qigong and slowly open up the more you build the foundation.

I agree.  I think the term 'open' is ridiculous.  There is no open or closed, there is only less energized or more energized, and there are specific postures that focus on the third eye.  Zazen is one such posture, sitting or standing, and horse stance (the arm/hand position, sitting or standing), which is a more powerful energetic variation of zazen, is one of the others

• Like 2

When I healed my friend's leg I didn't even feel my 3rd eye. It was the only chakra point not open. All I did was achieve a super high level of consciousness. I yoked in to the supraconsciousness of the divine and my friend's leg changed colour in an instant. All the pain went and the swelling went down by about 80% all in front of 5 witnesses!

Just before my 3rd eye opened the LDT and the MDT linked up like a rod and then the qi fell to the earth chakra. My next meditation I felt heat at the 3rd eye, the same heat I felt when all the other points opened up for the first time on the same day I brought on my Kundalini awakening and did the MCO.

So the last 24 hours I've been getting back into it and I can feel the 3rd eye again. It's like a purer much more concentrated form of the fizzing felt in the palms and soles.

I've not finished one book on Taoism, although I have flicked through a few very briefly and read some of drew's stuff.  However all this I am getting first hand from direct experience. I already had the framework in place -- my emotions in check, pre-Socratic holistic nondualism etc. I just lacked the energy and when I saw my friend link to one of drew's posts I knew instantly that was it!

So I admit I don't know much about Taoist Alchemy and don't even know what the canonical texts are and I'm still making mistakes. But it's a win/win situation because when I get something right I learn and when I get something wrong I learn too. And right now I have more energy then I had during the healing even after acting like a complete moron for the past however long it's been.

But I have full trust in my intuitions, or the wisdom of the soul, or divine knowledge, or whatever you want to call it. If you go searching you'll find nothing. I have never looked nor wanted for anything, everything I know came to me and that's the way it's going to stay.

Anyway, see Master Lin's head tilted at that angle? when you do that your eyes automatically look slightly upward in the direction I was talking about. I've not really thought about it and I'm not claiming anything other than it was just a flicker of a thought that entered my head and I ended up writing it down in this thread!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, taoguy said:

And it opens up in degrees, so there's no actual 'switch'. It's already open to a small degree to people who regularly practice qigong and slowly open up the more you build the foundation and possibly do the sun/moon/rainbow meditations.

This is my experience as well. 

Well it seems everyone is in agreement that the 3rd eye doesn't work like an on/off switch and a good thing too because otherwise I'd be wasting my time going to the countryside to open up the 3rd eye more lol.

I don't believe my 3rd eye is open much at all. I can feel it now because I've spent the past 24 hours breathing a fair bit into the DT which for whatever reason I seemed to have forgotten about for some time even though it sounds ridiculous. But I like other forms of philosophy too and my mind was elsewhere namely McLuhan, Sloterdijk and Virilio!

I think it's a full moon tonight too. So maybe I ought to get my act together over the next few days!

Disconnect your breathing from your movements. Chunyi once recommended, if you could, to do one yin-yang rotation per hour. Thats really slow--! But it means breathing is deep even and natural, and no need to make it fixed to the up-down left-right.

Chunyi says to use whole body energy breathing during this exercise. So basically, we establish our structure in post standing, then lightly focus on energy breathing, then allow the arms to drift in elipses. More important, I think, is to keep in mind that the right hand is yang-fire and the left is yin-water, and consider how those two have natural tendancied to rise and sink, and how that affects to cycle of the circle.

8)

• Like 5

On 10/07/2017 at 4:55 PM, Astral Monk said:

Disconnect your breathing from your movements. Chunyi once recommended, if you could, to do one yin-yang rotation per hour. Thats really slow--! But it means breathing is deep even and natural, and no need to make it fixed to the up-down left-right.

Chunyi says to use whole body energy breathing during this exercise. So basically, we establish our structure in post standing, then lightly focus on energy breathing, then allow the arms to drift in elipses. More important, I think, is to keep in mind that the right hand is yang-fire and the left is yin-water, and consider how those two have natural tendancied to rise and sink, and how that affects to cycle of the circle.

8)

Thanks. I actually watched some youtube videos with a load of middle aged women talking about moving yin/yang and realised breathing with the left hand is a mistake.

I totally fucked up though because actually my friend who had the bad leg called me up which I knew instantly was because she had no money for drugs lol and she ended up getting me to go over there even though I told her I had to mediate!

Anyway, afterward my back and legs were aching for 2 days straight and I didn't sleep, I didn't even bother going to bed, and I was quite emotional while all the toxins were coming out my body. So I don't think I can do drugs again after that!

I have spoken to all 5 people who saw me heal her leg and what's odd is they'll all say they saw it occur but beyond that they won't say anything about it. The girl flat out won't talk about it at all.

I've been breathing into the DT though and it feels like a broomstick it sticking out my head at the 3rd eye now. I wasn't going to say anything because last time I mentioned I could feel energy in my head everyone said I was a deviant lol

I'm going to go to the countryside staying with my dad and sit in a big pine forest and meditate for a month or two. Apparently the forest is a breeding ground for adders!

My dad's a walking talking chronic disease and the perfect advertisement for our current epoch. He was saying to me that I was the only person in the family to have no success in life. Poor guy really hasn't got a clue LOL. I told him if he plays his cards right I might heal his bad arm and he and his doctor are a great comedy duo like Laurel and Hardy. So now he thinks I've got a Jesus complex too!

THE MAGICAL HEALING POWER OF YOUTUBE!

IT'S A FAKE SUBSTITUTE REALITY. NOT THE REAL THING!

• Like 1

Advertising only works on people with a visual bias that think in conceptual space. If you set up a Coke stand in a real tribal society you won't sell anything!

I was trying to explain the fact in this thread -

https://www.reddit.com/r/askphilosophy/comments/6nn2mp/relevance_of_freudianlacanian_psychoanalysis_to/

But the admin as usual censored my posts and actually I ended up getting banned from the sub in the end! They're all champions of rational causation lol. Right-brain only has effects. So that's why the Poe detective novels start with the corpse/effect and work backward to the cause/murder because it's an effect of electric and electronic technology on the psyche rearranging the reality given by the phonetic print press.

The guy who wrote "Please. Could you address the topic of the post more directly? And also, turn off the caps lock button please." was talking to me, but I'm not there lol.

This is it -

It boils down to linguistics and words caught in the mechanics of the psyche. The language part of the brain is pretty much the left-hemisphere which has been studied in split-brain patients whose corpus callosum has been severed.

When a series of images are shown to both sides of the brain and then reshown at a later date but with added images the left-side of the brain will always make up a narrative to fit the images rather than understand something different is being shown. This is left-brain narrative causality.

The non-speaking right-side of the brain DOES NOT LIE or make up narratives to fit images. It can not talk either, but it knows.

The point being here Jung and the post-Jungians concentrate on the images in the text and in Western alchemical formulations the images correspond to objective stages in transformations of consciousness.

Left-brain thinking is phonetic, analytical and literal. The right-brain is the mystical acoustic side of the brain, which is now being projected at us via a hardware contained environmental unconscious with its virally proliferating images. In effect we are the screens being projected upon by a machinic intelligence which totally bypasses the rational side of the brain.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askphilosophy/comments/6nl755/what_does_deleuze_mean_by_repetition/dkafkcl/

1 "Generality" is the visual left-brain bias given by Western metaphysics which Heidegger and Nietzsche were worried about.

2 "Repetition" is right-brain acoustic tactile space.

Visual and Acoustic are technical terms from McLuhan which he came up with before the science of split-brain came into being.

Structuralism is the road to nihilism mapped out by the German interwar year philosophers following in the footsteps of Nietzsche.

ONLY WORKING BACKWARDS THROUGH MCLUHAN'S MEDIA EXTENSIONS BACK TO PRESORACTIC REALITY LEADS TO THE TRUTH.

Technological images are the aura stealing images which overcode ultimate reality as simulation. "The mechanical bride" advertising her goods and logos which imprint straight over the right-brain.

The mystical embodied acoustic side of the brain thinks in images -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRQVMb2xaxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBFToDoxYX0

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aletheia said:

ALL TIME CLASSIC! THIS ONE'S FOR ALL THE MO PAI GUYS IN DA HOUSE!

Yakety Sax by Boots Randolph.  It's in my music collection.

Sign in to follow this