Sign in to follow this  
shaq420

Longmen Pai Nei Gong Book from Wang Liping

Iv read through it and think it is great, but couldnt put any of it into practice myself. I think it is more like a manual for people already familiar with the tradition and who have had training under someone. Or maybe im just not smart enough to do it i dont know haha.. i think it could be of great value to me later on my path just not now

I would highly recommend this book to get familiar with the language and the inter connectedness of basic taoist knowledge. It mentions right off solving life and death so true Nei gong practice. The dragon gate long men pei is the real deal so you will not be on a twisted byway or a corrupted system.

To reach advanced study one needs a master. The introduction of the book notes that it covers the twelve basic methods. Good luck, it is good to have the physical training with Chi Gung and internal martial arts first.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shaq420 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Ling-Bao-Tong-Neng-Gong/dp/1470174545/

I found this on Amazon. Has anyone ever read through it? If so what did you think? Can one get pretty advanced in longmen pai without the need for an energetic activation?

Are the techniques in that book really considered Nei Gong techniques or are they just Chi Kung?

I have read most practices from the book. Didn't read texts much. The low level practices from the book are fairly close to what WLP teaches. Some methods described there are fairly straightforward and one could try them on their own. I mean methods like some of the yin xian fa or zhi neng gong. Tree practice, sleeping practice, and walking practice are described with a good level of detail. I'd advise against practicing other methods from the book without attending workshops of WLP or one of his students.

Your question re Neigong vs Qigong does not make any sense for me. Can't understand and/or discuss it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, idquest said:

Your question re Neigong vs Qigong does not make any sense for me. Can't understand and/or discuss it.

Some teachers, notably Bruce Frantzis and Damo Mitchell, makes a point of differentiating between them. I have some of their definitions in my PPD. 

The Mo Pai discussions haven't helped either.... 

I bet that have had some impact on how non-chinese try to use these terms. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this