allinone

Going vegetism and beyond

I'm already almost sickly underweight(according to the hight and weight relation table), so it goes easy to see what happens. I eat, i try to avoid eat meat.

Circles(alternation between good and bad) are fast enough i think i can cope with the speed of eating no meat.

I already have habit of eating that way i don't eat full, but only to get away the painful sensations.

I have noticed i lack the power of pushing the brown products out because of not eating meat, so this i take as a sign that there is something different now. 

I have hypothesis: There is an occasional feeling waves what induce the urge to let brown stuff out. So i ride these waves, without letting brown stuff out, so there will be nutrients soaked back to upper centers with the water, its the water what i think produces the feeling and i need to ride them back.

humans aren't cows or rabbits. But still there has to be a method for getting nutrients out of vegetation, different products than meat.

So the rectum soaking is for me currently a hypothesis that it is a second round of eating.

--

its work in progress

Based on my understanding of Taoist Philosophy, fish and fowl are fine to eat.  Just not mammals.

And fish oils are very healthy unless the fish have been living in polluted waters.

• Like 1

You know that one who ate fish guts?

I think he just tried to prove a point by doing that. And what point?

----

belly loves meat, because it is profit, you don't have to work for to get nutrients out. But if it is not meat, you need to work twice.

There are literally millions of recipes out there.  Many nutritional superstars.  Find 4 or 5 dishes, and start experimenting, with what connects to you.  Already nice to cook big and eat leftovers for a while.  Get into the habit of buying up sauces and spices then they're on sale and one dish can provide different flavor profiles. 

I think we are more like cows then wolfs :)  i am not against meat eating but i can say that i  even had more weight on a raw vegan diet then ever before.i gained lots of weight in a few weeks by eating lots of nuts and dried fruit.you can also use coconut oil to get saturated fat.i was vegan for 10 years rawvegan and grainfree for nearly a year and i never had so much energy before.after it i tryed everything again but more to get some grounding again.

• Like 3

i think what one meal per day means. I think it is empty stomach feeling and then i eat something to get the feeling away but not that much i feel no more room. So its only one meal when the empty stomach feeling disappears, if i will eat more to have a feeling of no more room then it is second time eating.

Also have to think what a day is. As i think the activities what are mechanical for body and with every movement the mind comes out more and more till it doesn't want to do it anymore. Like washing dishes or any other chore.

So i use that feeling and think what is a day in other situations. But what about likeable things like playing, meeting, it is the after the meal activities, when mind starts to come down, till it is down, and then the dirty things take over. 

I think the mind is sun, and body is earth. But when the going out to meet or do activities of interactions, because when to eat only one meal there is a long pause or wait till the food will get into bones and then there will raise the feeling of going out.

i don't yet can do the one meal day, in a ordinary day. I still do some snack like my mind is awake and the idea to get a strawberry or something comes. So are these offerings? before the mind starts to set down starts?

---

i eat several meals and snacks, just i pay attention that i don't start eat second time in a during a single meal. I already i think failed today, because i have thought that i need more food so i took. But there is other thing i can't take it as a second time eating, so i don't know yet if i failed for sure, if to take things apart for even more little and detail.

--

if to take things apart the mind itself expand macropicture wise.

Edited by allinone

20 hours ago, thelerner said:

There are literally millions of recipes out there.  Many nutritional superstars.  Find 4 or 5 dishes, and start experimenting, with what connects to you.  Already nice to cook big and eat leftovers for a while.  Get into the habit of buying up sauces and spices then they're on sale and one dish can provide different flavor profiles. 

yep.

18 hours ago, NATURE BEEING said:

I think we are more like cows then wolfs :)  i am not against meat eating but i can say that i  even had more weight on a raw vegan diet then ever before.i gained lots of weight in a few weeks by eating lots of nuts and dried fruit.you can also use coconut oil to get saturated fat.i was vegan for 10 years rawvegan and grainfree for nearly a year and i never had so much energy before.after it i tryed everything again but more to get some grounding again.

its good example, i don't want to be vegan or stop eat meat. I have tried stop eating meat, but then i go to a place and i find myself eating meat, i tend to forget that i am supposed to stop eating meat.

50 minutes ago, allinone said:

its good example, i don't want to be vegan or stop eat meat. I have tried stop eating meat, but then i go to a place and i find myself eating meat, i tend to forget that i am supposed to stop eating meat.

For me it came all spontaneously as a result of practice.I only forced myself to stop white sugar and wheat  and cheap meat all other changes in diet came by themselves... even fasting.

• Like 1

you welcome

https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Whole-Foods-Traditions-Nutrition/dp/1556434308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499348008&sr=8-1&keywords=healing+with+foods

Used as a reference by students of acupuncture, this is a hefty, truly comprehensive guide to the theory and healing power of Chinese medicine. It's also a primer on nutrition—including facts about green foods, such as spirulina and blue-green algae, and the "regeneration diets" used by cancer patients and arthritics—along with an inspiring cookbook with more than 300 mostly vegetarian, nutrient-packed recipes.

The information on Chinese medicine is useful for helping to diagnose health imbalances, especially nascent illnesses. It's smartly paired with the whole-foods program because the Chinese have attributed various health-balancing properties to foods, so you can tailor your diet to help alleviate symptoms of illness. For example, Chinese medicine dictates that someone with low energy and a pale complexion (a yin deficiency) would benefit from avoiding bitter foods and increasing "sweet" foods such as soy, black sesame seeds, parsnips, rice, and oats. (Note that the Chinese definition of sweet foods is much different from the American one!)

Pitchford says in his dedication that he hopes the reader finds "healing, awareness, and peace" from following his program. The diet is certainly acetic by American standards (no alcohol, caffeine, white flour, fried foods, or sugar, and a minimum of eggs and dairy) but the reasons he gives for avoiding these "negative energy" foods are compelling. From the adrenal damage imparted by coffee to immune dysfunction brought on by excess refined sugar, Pitchford spurs you to rethink every dietary choice and its ultimate influence on your health. Without being alarmist, he adds dietary tips for protecting yourself against the dangers of modern life, including neutralizing damage from water fluoridation (thyroid and immune-system problems may result; fluoride is a carcinogen). There's further reading on food combining, female health, heart disease, pregnancy, fasting, and weight loss. Overall, this is a wonderful book for anyone who's serious about strengthening his or her body from the inside out.

Edited by qicat
  • Like 2

hey Qicat, about the recipes in this book. 

do they make much use of the mentioned soy and oats? this because i have a very restricted diet and these foods are definitely off the list of foods that I can eat.

But it does look interesting to me

50 minutes ago, NATURE BEEING said:

For me it came all spontaneously as a result of practice.I only forced myself to stop white sugar and wheat  and cheap meat all other changes in diet came by themselves... even fasting.

i don't have the desire to eat meat right now, but i know it comes. There is under the tongue or somewhere, if you smell meat, it start to work and produce liquid. I don't have to see it even, i can only think about meat and my mouth waters.

Then i look if i have desire, there is no desire. I mean type of desire where you want to eat meat. That desire is ridiculously hard to beat, i think that desire can be only exchanged to something else or i need to offer or sacrifice etc in order to satisfy that desire.

I have found my own mind stuck in there and returned it many times.

its recently i discovered some few more things about meat, if you see meat, its too late, it is in your mind stream. Claiming that you don't eat is owned, you are sharing a collective debt. You can if you know some few things to pay it, lessen it.

20 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

hey Qicat, about the recipes in this book. 

do they make much use of the mentioned soy and oats? this because i have a very restricted diet and these foods are definitely off the list of foods that I can eat.

But it does look interesting to me

it's not a cookbook per se, but a view on a diet according to TCM. "Much( or not) use" of any type of food  would be for any issue to balance a specific pattern. Who "restricted" your diet? ( i.e. blood tests/doctors or "it might be good not to.."

I HIGHLY recommend this book. You can probably find it at the library and check it first before you want to buy it. Another option is a bookstore ( our B&N has it, some "metaphysical" stores might have it as well. )  "read with coffee", before you buy it. 

Diet ( as to go back to OP) is one of the "number one" things in TCM. While I will not publicly diagnose topic starter, but from what he is describing, there is a strong pattern shows which could be "easily" fixed with a proper diet( not necessarily meat). If you read amazon reviews of the book, you can see few examples of people having "chronic issues" resolved.

Given this is a very specific forum about cultivation, if he was in my care, I would strongly suggest for him to revisit his diet according to his training stage.

It is VERY important for anybody who is into Daoists Arts ( even as "little stretching for health") to review their diet. Believe it or not, but sometimes big fat slice of pizza is what is needed the most. My Sifu always tells me that story when we talk about "food and cultivation". Basically, what topic starter is describing is a very common thing, and it is okay to a certain point in practice, but then, when "kick to the next level" is needed, masters would actually feed students with meat and fats and such. ( and I am not talking about practices of tantric "shocks" here, that's a different psychological( not exactly correct term) thing). Why would they feed them? To balance what is missing/deficient. It is a highly individualized thing though. I.e. not something "cat from internet told me to eat xyz".

p.s. please take all of the above as a "an online post from a cat on internet".  just sayin'... because there is so much details into "healthy happy human being" and very individualized even if doctor is matching patterns and treating it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allinone said:

also define meat. It isn't only a flesh meat. There is more things what is meat.

why don't you go get yourself a nice pho? it always warms my being to have a good hearty pho. And you can go seafood route...

p.s. have not read this book, but perhaps is good stuff also ( in regard to the place of Dao Bums) https://books.google.com/books?id=1RKZDQAAQBAJ&pg=PT182&lpg=PT182&dq=pho+and+daoist+soups&source=bl&ots=LbGA01bJfm&sig=8o79Ley0j201k63zASU-4qPxaNE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3j6P07_TUAhUU8mMKHaSmBCkQ6AEITzAG#v=onepage&q=pho and daoist soups&f=false

Edited by qicat
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, qicat said:

why don't you go get yourself a nice pho? it always warms my being to have a good hearty pho. And you can go seafood route...

i am cultivating feelings what are lonely so they will be happy without eating. I am wanting to become breatharian so a food what i eat is to not die meanwhile.

You need to see psychiatrist asap. 

and eat meat and water, your brain will back to normal after while. Just eat meat without anything else and your mental condition will back to normal quickly. You will become rational and well grounded again, physically fit and healthy. It's also creates great bliss in the body if you eat only meat so you depression will come off. 

30 minutes ago, qicat said:

it's not a cookbook per se, but a view on a diet according to TCM. "Much( or not) use" of any type of food  would be for any issue to balance a specific pattern. Who "restricted" your diet? ( i.e. blood tests/doctors or "it might be good not to.."

I HIGHLY recommend this book. You can probably find it at the library and check it first before you want to buy it. Another option is a bookstore ( our B&N has it, some "metaphysical" stores might have it as well. )  "read with coffee", before you buy it. 

Diet ( as to go back to OP) is one of the "number one" things in TCM. While I will not publicly diagnose topic starter, but from what he is describing, there is a strong pattern shows which could be "easily" fixed with a proper diet( not necessarily meat). If you read amazon reviews of the book, you can see few examples of people having "chronic issues" resolved.

Given this is a very specific forum about cultivation, if he was in my care, I would strongly suggest for him to revisit his diet according to his training stage.

It is VERY important for anybody who is into Daoists Arts ( even as "little stretching for health") to review their diet. Believe it or not, but sometimes big fat slice of pizza is what is needed the most. My Sifu always tells me that story when we talk about "food and cultivation". Basically, what topic starter is describing is a very common thing, and it is okay to a certain point in practice, but then, when "kick to the next level" is needed, masters would actually feed students with meat and fats and such. ( and I am not talking about practices of tantric "shocks" here, that's a different psychological( not exactly correct term) thing). Why would they feed them? To balance what is missing/deficient. It is a highly individualized thing though. I.e. not something "cat from internet told me to eat xyz".

p.s. please take all of the above as a "an online post from a cat on internet".  just sayin'... because there is so much details into "healthy happy human being" and very individualized even if doctor is matching patterns and treating it.  

Hi Qicat, you did allright with your post, no worries there. I do not want to go into the hows and whys of my diet but rest assured that I know what is bad for me. 

now i am interested in the take of TCM on food. But if their advise for people with yin deficiency should lean heavily on food that my body rejects then it is not going to be helpful for me. I  do not have much money, being unable to work , so I do not want to buy a book that won't have practical input on the way I eat.

No gluten, dairy, soy and sugar is the norm here, I get real foggy and sick  and end up in bed when I should eat that. Oats my belly simply rejects, quite literally

22 minutes ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

and eat meat and water, your brain will back to normal after while. Just eat meat without anything else and your mental condition will back to normal quickly. You will become rational and well grounded again, physically fit and healthy. It's also creates great bliss in the body if you eat only meat so you depression will come off. 

psychiatrists are for them who need to have life like a clockwork. I can afford myself mental states.

45 minutes ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

Let's rephrase it: he needs to look for help be it holistic doctor, acupuncturist, or therapist or information from the book, website, conference, radio, etc. in regard to "concern with his health state". 

remember rule number one?"Do no harm"...

Edited by qicat

No. He needs just meat, men and women (especially without "meat") go crazy, into depression and other stuff. 

That's my proven suggestion - eat meat, drink water and in two weeks you will be different person. 

33 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

Hi Qicat, you did allright with your post, no worries there. I do not want to go into the hows and whys of my diet but rest assured that I know what is bad for me. 

now i am interested in the take of TCM on food. But if their advise for people with yin deficiency should lean heavily on food that my body rejects then it is not going to be helpful for me. I  do not have much money, being unable to work , so I do not want to buy a book that won't have practical input on the way I eat.

No gluten, dairy, soy and sugar is the norm here, I get real foggy and sick  and end up in bed when I should eat that. Oats my belly simply rejects, quite literally

yes, I kind of sensed that you were limited on ability to get the book, that's why I recommended library route.  I looked at the other editions of it, you can find one for $3 ( https://www.amazon.com/Paul-Pitchford/e/B000APSJYE/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1499355887&sr=1-1)

but again, it's not about the food per se, it's about what is your body current energetic structure and how do you adjust it to "balance". 

p.s. If I stumble on something in pdf form online, I will send you PM link on this. Kitty promise:P

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

No. He needs just meat, men and women (especially without "meat") go crazy, into depression and other stuff. 

That's my proven suggestion - eat meat, drink water and in two weeks you will be different person. 

have you heard about flesh eating demons?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

have you ever been in a state caused by qigong practice with heightened sensitivity and on a quite a long diet based on "veg" and "light" ( basically no food)? then you know what it is when you eat even smallest amount of meat. 

If it was any "health" forum, perhaps I would agree with you. But here we do not know his cultivation practice. Seems he might have done thing or two to suggest that things are not what they look like. "F%cking up" your digestion with neigongs/neidans/etc is like a badge of honor...( or wrong methods, but we are not discussion it here). How do you know his GUT is not trying to tell him something ( and it ain't about food?) How do you know he did not overpack qi and is having a qi deviation? How do you know meat ( and I doubt his choice will be small piece of kobe wagyu...) he eats won't add to energetic build up stuff? Those extra variables in "Dao Bums" plane make it hard to tell him anything helpful besides, "why don't you look at this/that book and see if you find any patterns? and if you do, why don't you visit TCM doctor/acupuncturist?."

meat-361270_1280-600x450.jpg

meow...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allinone said:

have you heard about flesh eating demons?

you are not possessed, don't go there. 

you f*cked up somewhere in practice, that's it.