Sign in to follow this  
CedarTree

Hi There!

I just stumbled upon the forum while searching up some Buddhist stuff.

What a cool resource! I always thought Daoism was a really interesting practice and resources like forums always seem to bring alive the content and discussion to help those interested and new really start to have a footing before studying/practicing by oneself.

I am excited to be apart of the community and learn and share :)

• Like 3

Hello Cedar Tree, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Cedar Tree, 

I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you stumbled.  We have some very friendly Buddhists here.  

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Hello Cedar Tree, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Cedar Tree, 

I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you stumbled.  We have some very friendly Buddhists here.  

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Thanks Marblehead, seems like a great community, hah and I liked your joke there!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OldSaint said:

Welcome to TDB. Us Taoists love are trees. I think you'll find yourself in good company here. :D

Haha thanks OldSaint.  Tree's are pretty awesome!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Welcome! Very happy to have someone with the enthusiasm and curiosity you have. Enjoy your time here!

Thanks Earl Grey!  Must be the Buddhist in me Lol

• Like 1

Hi Cedar Tree,

Really nice to find someone responding/participating in his/her own thread.

Why are you not a fruit tree? Because you reached Nirvana under a cedar tree?

Are you Buddha's competitor - 'buddhistically'?

Om Mane Padme Hum.

- LimA

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Cedar Tree,

Really nice to find someone responding/participating in his/her own thread.

Why are you not a fruit tree? Because you reached Nirvana under a cedar tree?

Are you Buddha's competitor - 'buddhistically'?

Om Mane Padme Hum.

- LimA

Lol nicely done.  And if you can`t participate in your own thread where can you ;) Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CedarTree said:

No I haven't, what are they?

Hi Cedar Tree,

Like it - a point blank question as an answer to another point blank question raised.

15 hours ago, angelusnovus said:

Have you read the Anastasia books?

An eye for an eye? Tit for tat? A tooth for a tooth?

These ?s are raised positively and good-naturedly in relation to no words minced.

An illustration from Wikipedia:

Tit for tat is an English saying meaning "equivalent retaliation". It is also a highly effective strategy in game theory for the iterated prisoner's dilemma. The strategy was first introduced by Anatol Rapoport in Robert Axelrod's two tournaments,[1]held around 1980. Notably, it was (on both occasions) both the simplest strategy and the most successful in direct competition.[2]

An agent using this strategy will first cooperate, then subsequently replicate an opponent's previous action. If the opponent previously was cooperative, the agent is cooperative. If not, the agent is not. This is similar to superrationality and reciprocal altruism in biology.

I know next to nothing in martial arts. Any "equivalent retaliation"  in these arts? Anybody knows?

- LimA

15 hours ago, angelusnovus said:

Have you read the Anastasia books?

I have read the first one, I liked it. It also got me putting a load of seeds in my mouth before I planted them 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jetsun said:

I have read the first one, I liked it.

Hi Jetsun,

Thank you for the quick response - an "equivalent retaliation" ?

Like to share a little?

- LimA

Hi All,

Whilst searching for "equivalent retaliation", I came across this site:

Diary of a Daoist Hermit

MANY YEARS AGO I WAS INITIATED INTO DAOISM BY A TEACHER WHO CAME FROM CHINA. I'VE SPENT MANY YEARS LEARNING SINCE THEN AND WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE ANYONE INTERESTED INTO MY ODD LITTLE LIFE TRYING TO PRACTICE THIS ANCIENT WISDOM TRADITION IN A MODERN URBAN SETTING.

Light reading – taste it.

- LimA

• Like 2

LimA-

I once farted heartily (but artfully). The man next to me, markedly annoyed, wholly scarred by me, fully smartly scowled at me - but whole heartedly.  

By this river of literative flatualance, I mean to float this thread into a superrational 'tit for tat' arena for biological beings. You seem sir, by claiming to come across that 'Dairy of a Daoist Hermit' site through search of "equivalent retaliation", to be speaking quite sphincterly, in other words fraudulently(in terms of discourse thats conventional publicly). Just as I once did above. From one Nether Orpheus(orifice) to another I tip my digital hat to you and bid that you be like a feather on the breath of Gd. 

But anyway: In various guises of calculations and miscalculations and oogling whilst googling  'taste' 'it' 'All' 'Lima''diary' 'Light reading' I came across finally an internet angel. They are the beings that work tirelessly in the pixelated shadows to try to carve the internet into a sacred space where lightning from all the world's peoples shoot across an invisible sky. I dont come across them often in direct form. This particular one is only in complete manifestation in one location so far. But anyway here it is. May love sing in all hearts: 

(edit: the image seems to have transmigrated to a more proper location in this thread)

Edited by angelusnovus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sagebrush said:

maria shriver? circa 1981?

actually really really good guess(though I think just misses). but to be real I found it on someones personal site that no longer exists. I saved the image just in case cause I had a feeling the site would disappear (very private art photographer/professor).

In general the situation seems to be so: All the forsaken female/androgynous(see Mary in Gospel of Thomas) deities of the old and new worlds have communed together into a single etheric body that envelops Earth as if in a womb. Occasionally, especially in times of stress, their combined energy erupts into images of varying intensities. 

Edited by angelusnovus

21 minutes ago, angelusnovus said:

You seem sir, by claiming ...

Hi angelusnovus,

I claim nothing and I have indicated light reading plus tasting.

I like personal experiential learning & knowing - more lasting

Other possibilities are good to know.

But I like to weigh in the yes and no.

In the end I just want to know nothing.

- LimA

well I can make it up...spontaneously for fun. although I am sure regret is close around the corner..

the song behind the scene with maria shriver is chuck mangione. I had to look up the spelling of his name.

and the circa 1977.

instrumental

but the lyrics :

feels so good

there is no place to hide

the thoughts of all the time I cried

and felt this pain

that I have known

because I just needed to hear that something special

and then one day

you said "hello"

"lets make love along the way"

your name is music to my heart ( I think I copied that correctly)

I'll always really love you...

the rest is not quite right....

flugelhorn by the way not trumpet.

it is about the cut of her jacket with no collar

and the hair whispy still reminiscent of the 70's 

and most likely a cropped jacket at the waist.

the convergence of.......something not sure of......

goodnight and peaceful sleep

I began hear chuck play the song thinking of the image.......and had looked it up a few days ago-so I guess it is not spontaneous so much. but her clothes as I stated before put me in the groove..ha

Edited by sagebrush
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, angelusnovus said:

From one Nether Orpheus(orifice) to another I tip my digital hat to you and bid that you be like a feather on the breath of Gd

Hi angelusnovus,

My apology - I forgot to thank you for the above tipping/bidding and these:

I7X3Jqgl.png

May love sing in all hearts

Beautiful girl and lovely hearts.

Thank you angel...

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, angelusnovus said:

From one Nether Orpheus(orifice) to another ...

Hi angelusnovus,

My third post to you within a day.

Perhaps we knew each other from previous lives.

What is "Nether Orpheus(orifice)"?

- LimA

Sign in to follow this