Sign in to follow this  
Aletheia

The Pythagoreans

http://existentialcomics.com/comic/189

This actually reminds me of a zizek podcast I was listening to recently. He was talking about pure abstract numbers with regard to Western metaphysics while at the same time not really understanding the implications of what he was saying. Really where we are now has got to be the greatest cosmological joke of all time. You literally couldn't make it up!

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 4

It's still one of the few really awesome cults around, for those who like that sort of thing.

:)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

http://existentialcomics.com/comic/189

This actually reminds me of a zizek podcast I was listening to recently. He was talking about pure abstract numbers with regard to Western metaphysics while at the same time not really understanding the implications of what he was saying. Really where we are now has got to be the greatest cosmological joke of all time. You literally couldn't make it up!

Yep - how to sum up all the lies about the Pythagoreans in one page.

1) - students practice silence for 5 years so they aren't going to have some stupid group hug conversation (like on thetaobums). haha.

2) Music theory? they don't know the right music theory so they got that one wrong.

3) Pythagorean theorem? It was created by Archytas, not the Pythagoreans. The Hippasus story has all sorts of holes in it if anyone takes a close look at it. As math professor Luigi Borzacchini states, the "real" Pythagoreans (i.e. Orthodox) would not differentiate between discrete and real numbers.

So I'll email this to that comics email.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

By the way I emailed that John Ebert dude and his professor friend - no responses back.

haha.

Want to see what I emailed them?

I'm not sure lol. Ebert is a brilliant interpreter of Western texts, but he has no direct experience of energetic stuff. So I can imagine you're not going to be writing congratulating him on his hermeneutics :P

In the past month or so Ebert had a bit of a public breakdown on the internet concerning his breaking up with his webcam GF. Apparently she was having more orgasms on camera than with him and he wasn't very happy about it LOL.

Anyway, yes go on then let's see what you wrote...

Edited by Aletheia

9 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

I'm not sure lol. Ebert is a brilliant interpreter of Western texts, but he has no direct experience of energetic stuff. So I can imagine you're not going to be writing congratulating him on his hermeneutics :P

In the past month or so Ebert had a bit of a public breakdown on the internet concerning his breaking up with his webcam GF. Apparently she was have more orgasms on camera than with him and he wasn't very happy about it LOL.

Anyway, yes gone on then let's see what you wrote...

I first searched "Sent" but nothing - it was in my Trash. hmm.

Beyond Ebert and the Global Accident

Trash
x

AIbEiAIAAABDCL_rwtOBsIueAyILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKGVkZDUzYWNlYTllNWEyODYxZTg0ZWY3MmFhNTA3NjljYjZkZDFlYzEwAUM35yeDgflF5iAw_crFCLfbb9tj?sz=32

Jun 11

to JohnLobell
cleardot.gif

This message has been deleted. Restore message

Dear John Lobell: You say you were teaching Eastern philosophy, I'm listening to your Ebert, part 2 podcast, thanks, as per recommendation from someone who discovered my research. In 2000 I did intensive meditation training with a qigong master http://springforestqigong.com to finish my master's degree at U of MN. I critiqued Zizek back in 1996, after my colleague was his direct student at U of MN in the early 1990s. Zizek responded with his Plague of Fantasies book in 1997 after he sent me a postcard in 1996 stating my monograph was "very interesting" and he would read it and get back to me. My perspective is music theory, paranormal physics, and ecofeminism radical ecology. I took quantum mechanics at Hampshire College in 1990. I then finished a masters degree in 2000 at U of MN in "sound-current nondualism" - technically the new Master of Liberal Studies at U of MN but self-designed interdisciplinary analysis.

My philosophy was still too western after my master's degree - as I discovered from mathematical analysis. I read one scholarly book a day for 10 years since 2000 while I sat in full lotus trance meditation, after I had done intensive meditation training in nonwestern philosophy. So then I began corresponding with math professors (and many other professors) - and was asked to submit my math-music research for publication. I had to keep researching though. I did discover what I dubbed the Actual Matrix Plan in 2001, based on this music-math analysis.

Finally I broke through with what I had been searching for - "noncommutative phase" - and I have a free pdf that is the training that was discovered by the person I first referenced who led me to your podcast, the person who follows Ebert.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/ is the free pdf of the noncommutative phase nonwestern training as the solution - lots of images.

Essentially Zizek critiques Buddhism but my best friend who studied with Zizek is a first generation immigrant from Taiwan - and so in high school I was already introduced to Buddhism. His name is James T. Hong - he got his Ph.D. in math, had the top undergraduate thesis at U of MN (school of 50,000 people) on Heidegger and also did a math degree. Now he is an avant-garde political film director. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtP_1w3-0gk  He just got shown at Guggenheim so he is too successful to correspond with me anymore. haha. I got arrested 8 times doing civil disobedience against U.S. genocidal imperialism.

I had already been reading Master Nan, Huai-chin, a best-seller in China but unknown in the West for the most part. In other words Zizek sets up "strawman arguments" - (he doesn't really understand Buddhism). I recommended Zizek read Master Nan, Huai-chin to truly understand Buddhism, and that website was soon after taken down with no response. Zizek had set up similar "strawman arguments" in his response to my critique of him in his 1997 book (of course he didn't name me when he dismissed ecofeminism, parapsychology and then he also emphasized music theory). Zizek had misunderstood my argument, so my 2000 master's thesis was an attempt to clarify my argument. But as I said - I was still too Western - so I did the intensive meditation training, had a permanent psycho-physiological transformation (yes ghosts are really, precognition is real, long distance nonlocal holographic healing is real, telekinesis and telepathy are real, etc.).

So then we need to understand that the oldest philosophy of India is based on the "three gunas" and this in turn is from nonwestern music theory. This goes back to the original human culture - the San Bushmen - centered on spiritual training by the males, again modeled by music theory. The original human culture, as Elizabeth Marshall Thomas titled her book, The Harmless People, know the secret of ecologically balanced, peaceful and spiritually advanced living. See for example Andrew Zimmern breaking out in tears from his holographic healing experience - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBFToDoxYX0

That is also what the qigong masters do - I was befriended by http://guidingqi.com - he traveled through Africa - Jim Nance - he also has a master's degree - he can leave his body at will. He was a kungfu master in the 1960s - and then a professional basketball player in Turkey.

Ebert is still stuck on the problem of the West - Jean Gebser is good but similar to Ken Wilber - I critiqued Wilber in my master's thesis also, just as I critiqued Zizek.

The key is to focus on the solution and what the solution really means - in terms of "noncommutative phase." Only one other analyst discovered this - a quantum physicist at Stanford who studied psychology, extending the research of Gregory Bateson - Eddie Oshins. Oshins is an "academics' academic." He didn't even get his Ph.D. but the other Stanford professors kept getting Oshins funded. Oshins taught Wing Chun and realized that 720 quantum spin that is noncommutative is the secret of the Tai Chi martial arts training. http://www.quantumpsychology.com/Oshins_Bio.html

So Oshins made the same discovery that I did - independently - only Oshins didn't connect it to music theory.

Thanks for your time. My blog with my links to all my free information - is http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com

Preview YouTube video Kalahari Bushmen make Andrew Zimmern cry

mqdefault.jpg
icon_2_youtube_x16.png

AIbEiAIAAABDCL_rwtOBsIueAyILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKGVkZDUzYWNlYTllNWEyODYxZTg0ZWY3MmFhNTA3NjljYjZkZDFlYzEwAUM35yeDgflF5iAw_crFCLfbb9tj?sz=32

Jun 11

to johnebert
cleardot.gif

This message has been deleted. Restore message

cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email protected]>

Jun 11

to me
cleardot.gif

T

Error Icon

Address not found

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: [email protected]

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Tochool I

Jun 11

cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email protected]>

Jun 11

to me
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
)

------

Edited by voidisyinyang

yeah his email kept bouncing back - I tried a couple different addresses. So then I just sent it as a comment on his website - but he never posted the comment. So he probably read it - just chose to censor it.

Some "dialog" hahaha.

LOL that's quite funny. However honestly Ebert understands the problem with Western metaphysics and he's not really a Gebserite and definitely not into Wilber at all.

Oswald Spengler uses Plato as the underlying blueprint for the period when civilisations begin to turn away from the axioms underpinning traditional cultural forms. For our Western culture that would be Rousseau and actually, and I'm only talking about the morphology of the cultural body here because all civilisations are born with a hole in the heart ultimately, the three gunas mark the same point for Spengler in Indian culture!

Ebert knows all about Spengler!

Anyway I don't think he's generally interested in arguing on the internet and I'd guess judging by the state he was in recently with his GF I doubt you'll get a reply from him.

Maybe here -

I don't know anything about his friend Lobell though tbh. But Ebert is pretty multidimensional and commonly doesn't really say what he really thinks, rather he'll just give a really good interpretation of texts.

He has Being and Time on his channel and Deleuze's Logic of Sense is really good too. All his videos are great!

There's a new Bubbles "hang out" too which goes over some Taoist symbolism in Sloterdijk's ontology -

I think in the 2nd episode they spend some time talking about the vagus nerve. I posted it before in one of the threads.

I just started watching it again and remembered they talk about Klein bottles in relation to the problem of subject-object distinctions. Sloterdijk's ontology is spatially conspiratorial, animated by spiritual auras and opens up mystical pathways unknown and unsighted by mere mortals!

So there you go I just remembered Sloterdijk uses conspirator in a similar sense to drew!

Edited by Aletheia

56 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

There's a new Bubbles "hang out" too which goes over some Taoist symbolism in Sloterdijk's ontology -

I think in the 2nd episode they spend some time talking about the vagus nerve. I posted it before in one of the threads.

I just started watching it again and remembered they talk about Klein bottles in relation to the problem of subject-object distinctions. Sloterdijk's ontology is spatially conspiratorial, animated by spiritual auras and opens up mystical pathways unknown and unsighted by mere mortals!

So there you go I just remembered Sloterdijk uses conspirator in a similar sense to drew!

If if did the podcast while in full lotus the whole time - then I might think he is on to something. haha.

Simple - and you can't fake the full lotus!!

2 hours ago, Aletheia said:

LOL that's quite funny. However honestly Ebert understands the problem with Western metaphysics and he's not really a Gebserite and definitely not into Wilber at all.

Oswald Spengler uses Plato as the underlying blueprint for the period when civilisations begin to turn away from the axioms underpinning traditional cultural forms. For our Western culture that would be Rousseau and actually, and I'm only talking about the morphology of the cultural body here because all civilisations are born with a hole in the heart ultimately, the three gunas mark the same point for Spengler in Indian culture!

Ebert knows all about Spengler!

Anyway I don't think he's generally interested in arguing on the internet and I'd guess judging by the state he was in recently with his GF I doubt you'll get a reply from him.

Maybe here -

I don't know anything about his friend Lobell though tbh. But Ebert is pretty multidimensional and commonly doesn't really say what he really thinks, rather he'll just give a really good interpretation of texts.

He has Being and Time on his channel and Deleuze's Logic of Sense is really good too. All his videos are great!

I made an error in my email - my friend got a Ph.D. in philosophy - his undergrad was a double major in math and philosophy.

So he read all the stuff. The whole "traditionalist" scene - where they read Hindu Vedic philosophy - it is easy to fixate on the problem of the West but to fixate on the solution is the real key.

Like I said - have these dudes sit in full lotus while they do their talks.

It used to be for the females to talk while the males trance dance. Now everyone wants to hear the males talk - that is why the West is homosexual. haha.

For example Camille Paglia wondered why the Pre-Socratic statues of Hercules all have small reproductive organs but big muscles - the real reason is the same reason Shaolin kungfu masters get kicked in the groin with no pain.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwinkKbTtOzUAhXmgVQKHTjLCGEQFggvMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quest-journal.net%2FPresocratics_summary.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEaBSFaJNk8vAb1k5a71082LbYSdQ

pdf link -

Before the Presocratics: Cyclicity, Transformation, and Element Cosmology : the Case of Transcontinental Pre- Or Protohistoric Cosmological Substrates Linking Africa, Eurasia and North America

http://www.quest-journal.net/shikanda/topicalities/20122014.htm

"It's meddling with the Cult. The occult has always been good enough for me, thank you very much."

-The Hogfather

By Terry Pratchett

;)

Sign in to follow this