diceboivito

Nei Kung Benefits

I had surgery on my left knee almost 8 years ago (I'm 24 now) from having a big tear in my meniscus so they just took out more than half of my meniscus so that I could recover faster as I had a very stressful high demand collegiate basketball career at the time & I felt I couldn't afford to sit out for too long . I'm new to Tao & I'm wandering if Nei Kung & Qi Gong can aid in restoring my meniscus cartilage . Also is using Mantak Chia books & DVD's a good option to go to ? Or should I wait until I can afford a teacher ? Thoughts & opinions would be much appreciated .

Wholeness & Balance Vibrations yall

• Like 2

Hello diceboivito, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi dice, 

Good questions.  I cannot speak to them.  If you don't get a fair number of responses here try to post your questions in an appropriate thread.  I'm sure there will be many willing to speak to your questions. 

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2

I would recommend staying away from Mantak, some of his techniques can be dicey. There are better and safer systems of Chi Kung. Welcome to TDB. 

• Like 4

I'm just an amateur bumbler, so I will just wish you good health and say 'welcome to the group'. :) 

Edited by morning dew
  • Like 2

Hi! I would recommend this thread

I started with Chia and would not do it again. His system is powerful, but quite risky if you don't have a teacher watching over you. In the thread i suggested you will find systems that are effective and safe, I would say take a look at them and follow your intuition :-)

• Like 4

The teacher I trained with got his start from knee injuries from basketball - he went to Yan Xin and was healed 80% of his severe knee injuries - and then he keep doing full lotus meditation. http://springforestqigong.com and he does phone healings.

Then he trained an assistant who had been a professional basketball player and he also got severe injuries - he had his ACL injured - and yet he became a qigong master also - http://guidingqi.com and so when his ACLs completely tore apart, after he fell on the ice - he used his qi energy so he could stand up again!

You can read my free pdf that reviews the principles of neigong, neidan, qigong training - with lots of images and science - https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

My view is that if the training is real and it is - then there are universal principles behind the training. Once you know the basic principles then the training is easier.

• Like 2

There are several legitimate high-level energetic systems discussed on the forum which would be beneficial for you.  voidisyinyang mentioned Spring Forest Qigong and that is certainly one of them.

My personal choice is Stillness-Movement, taught by Michael Lomax (who uses the screen name "Ya Mu" on this forum).

• Like 5

9 hours ago, phil48 said:

Hi! I would recommend this thread

I started with Chia and would not do it again. His system is powerful, but quite risky if you don't have a teacher watching over you. In the thread i suggested you will find systems that are effective and safe, I would say take a look at them and follow your intuition :-)

Thank you so much

9 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

The teacher I trained with got his start from knee injuries from basketball - he went to Yan Xin and was healed 80% of his severe knee injuries - and then he keep doing full lotus meditation. http://springforestqigong.com and he does phone healings.

Then he trained an assistant who had been a professional basketball player and he also got severe injuries - he had his ACL injured - and yet he became a qigong master also - http://guidingqi.com and so when his ACLs completely tore apart, after he fell on the ice - he used his qi energy so he could stand up again!

You can read my free pdf that reviews the principles of neigong, neidan, qigong training - with lots of images and science - https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

My view is that if the training is real and it is - then there are universal principles behind the training. Once you know the basic principles then the training is easier.

Thank you man frfr imma check these out

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, diceboivito said:

Should one open up their pineal glad first b4 delving into these kind of things or can one just dive right into this ?

One shouldn't worry about or try to "open their pineal gland" or any other energy gate, chakra, etc.  One should just practice a legitimate system and let unfold whatever unfolds, at whatever pace it happens.

• Like 5