roger

A view of wisdom

These are some ideas I consider very important. I've been thinking about this stuff and wanted to share it, to get more clear myself, and maybe it'll strike a chord with some of you also.

1. Every choice is born either of love, or fear. It's always wise to choose love, never wise to choose fear.

2. Choosing love is best for oneself AND everyone else, and that fact is justice. The lie that you can love yourself at the expense of others, or others at the expense of yourself, makes love a fallacy and truth in its nature cruel and unjust. Loving oneself and loving others always go together. It can take wisdom and insight to know how to do that.

3. Every choice matters, although some choices matter far more than others. But small choices add up over time.

4. Often the most significant choices between love and fear are when the temptation to 'attack' (the choice for fear) is greatest. That's a great opportunity.

5. Finally, and very importantly, choices between love and fear, which are all choices, can be utterly subtle. Divine love can manifest in seemingly small ways. Such choices are very important considering that they constitute much of one's life.

• Like 2

Emptiness or formless awareness is ultimately beyond love, which is an emotion, yet in human form we access the emptiness through love and the "unconditional love" is the yuan qi from the right side of the heart, the pinhole to the formless awareness.

So the spiritual masters have such great courage, which is the lung passion energy that they go beyond the physical heart which literally stops - so they transcend death - but they can still breath, it is just deep qi breathing.

At that point - you have to ask "who are they?" who is their "I" or "oneself" that they love? Their body - "embodies" the emptiness via their spirit shen.

So the unconditional love is neither yourself nor others but rather an Emptiness that we all exist within and so we can harmonize with Emptiness and this is done via the spirit light then building up the qi energy.

So for example let's say we focus on loving ourselves - this would mean to build up the energy and that seems selfish - but once the energy goes beyond our own physical bodies, it opens up the heart and so the person feels more compassion and connection via the spirit that is now powered by strong qi - from the heart spirit going out of the eyes.

Compassion is from the deep slow breathing but passion is from the lungs - so the biggest mistake in the training is then the qi turns back into passion instead of compassion - and in tantra this is a continuum from passion into compassion.

So if the person just keeps storing up more energy - in their lower tan tien selfishly - they need to be alone - preferably in great solitude - but this is also dangerous.

But ultimately it is the personal mind - that experiences the choice of fear or love - while it is the Emptiness that manifests Unconditional Love as the Yuan Qi energy. So for example when I found my dad's dead blue body suddenly I was overwhelmed with very strong love qi energy in the heart and I knew that is what he experienced when he died. So I was not sad about his death and didn't dishonor with by crying.

Fear is kidney energy - so the limiting factor on going into the Emptiness is lack of kidney energy but to build up kidney energy requires great selfishness or self-love.

Master Nan, Huai-chin says that the spiritual training requires immense selfishness until the Selfless Emptiness is achieved, after the body channels open up to then open up the mind and heart.

So to define reality as I or you or others - this is not very accurate. For example I am told that Burmese avoids using self-signifying pronouns in their language because it's a Buddhist language.

We can say then that love is an energy that is built up through harmonization as an infinite resonance that is impersonal. So for example the most famous Buddhist master of Thailand, Acharn Mun - he insisted his students practice in the tiger-infested jungles so that they have the fear of death. This great fear then forced their minds into a huge adrenaline spike which when surpassed causes a huge parasympathetic rebound. This is the right side of the heart as the reptilian unmyeliated vagus nerve from the kundalini energy - the "freeze" or samadhi reaction.

Of course Acharn Mun used his meditation power to communicate with the tigers to leave his students alone but they did not know that.

So fear can be a tool to increase the access of love but in the end both love and fear are transcended into the Emptiness which by itself is beyond any emotion.

28 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

You can read my free pdf for training details.

I enjoyed reading some of the PDF, thanks for posting it.

It's been nice exchanging ideas with you.

You have some interesting things to say.

I admit I don't understand a lot of it, but that's probably because I'm not very familiar with the material you're sharing, or possibly because of my own limited intellectual capacity.

But I was very impressed by the PDF.

yeah the pdf has a lot of info in the text so the images are to make it more palatable. haha.

This website - thetaobums - is not serious - most people here just practice for fun. I did serious training but then I had not studied enough and so I overused my energy doing a lot of free healing. So I still do free healing but my own health suffers. So it's a kind of paradox - and also the lower level healing is "subtle."

Someone visited me - from reading my posts on this website - they checked out the teacher I studied with and then they traveled all over China and India looking for energy masters. They found a famous master - Jiang - there's vids of him on youtube doing pyrokinesis. But this person returned from China saying he preferred the teacher I trained with since he does lots of healing based on love energy - and so the qigong master who was his assistant - http://guidingqi.com - he called me up saying I "knew" this person who was at the qigong center. So since the qigong master o.k.'d him - I said o.k. he can stay with me.

So he stayed a couple nights at my house and when I was in full lotus next to him - he exclaimed, "your eye balls are pulsating!" haha. I can feel the eye balls pulsate as the shen and yin qi goes out of the eyes via the pineal gland - but I never was sure if anyone could actually see the eye balls pulsating. But the energy on that level is subtle - and this person was young and healthy. So he couldn't really feel the energy, nor was I sending him much energy.

But the real healing is done not in that way - what I do is tantric psychic healing that is actually wrong. haha. It is called "evil fire"  - in the traditional alchemy book. I was told by people on this website - when I first started posting here - that I should NOT read that book since it is too dangerous. So I didn't read the book but then realized 10 years later that I really needed to read that book to figure out how to deal with the energy and the training. haha.

• Like 1

To the healing-issue (sry for off topic) but afaik chunyi teaches how to use universal energy instead of ones own energy to heal others, right? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phil48 said:

To the healing-issue (sry for off topic) but afaik chunyi teaches how to use universal energy instead of ones own energy to heal others, right? 

He used to say - "the more you heal others, the more you heal yourself" - that was in the early 2000s. Then when I returned to the center in 2013 - I was told by Jim Nance that until the third eye is fully open then a person can use up their energy, and then at the Level 3 class  Chunyi explained that what happens is people open up the third eye (but not fully) - so they use up their psychic energy. Then they get fat from needing to rely on food for jing energy to restore the psychic energy. Chunyi said he has seen that happen many times.

So I have not heard him say that first saying that he used to say all the time. But yes what they do say is to "visualize light" when you do then healing. The yin qi as psychic energy is based on the mind as intention or focus, and not as much on visualization. But the key about the universal energy is that you turn the light around so that time goes to zero - Jim Nance describes it as "holding a snap shot" on the image that is being healed - and then time freezes - and then the Yuan Qi energy does the healing on its own.

So that is the level when the third eye is fully open. Michael Lomax posts in the "group healing" forum here - he has the third eye fully open. Effie P. Chow also has her third eye fully open and she said how Adam the Dream Healer has his third eye fully open.

So that is the qigong master level - a number 5 person by Gurdjieff's terminology. But the even deeper level is the enlightenment healing - a number 6 person which means from beyond physical death - like what Ramana Maharshi did - and so Jim Nance achieved that level in 2013 after he did a meditation retreat on his own - a "sabbatical" for a few months. But to have the third eye center just opened permanently - but not fully open - that is a Number 4 person.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

should NOT read that book since it is too dangerous. 

link please?

12 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

I hope you have a teacher or at least someone ( sitter?) to smack you when things don't go well.  Good luck.

Another example is the book of Yan Xin. He uses the "virtual information field" to heal people - which is the Yuan Qi universal Cosmic Qi energy - but at the same time he warned a friend of his that they would pick up illnesses from hanging out with Yan Xin. So sure enough the friend did pick up illnesses from other people that Yan Xin was healing.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/101462079/Yan-Xin-Secrets-Benefits-of-Internal-Qigong-Cultivation