Starjumper

Tai Chi is real (video collection)

For those who want to see and share tai chi self defense applications and for those who want to see some techniques to practice with a friend:

Edited by Starjumper
edit title
  • Like 2

I took some video of some other types of techniques, maybe I'll put it together in a little video for here.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, morning dew said:

Interesting stuff. Do you have any Wu style videos you like?

I haven't noticed Wu style nor have I looked for it.  I don't really know anything about wu style.  The ones I know are Yang and Chen, and I love Chen.  Feel free to look around and post some you like.  This isn't a personal forum.

• Like 1

In my system we do not use pushing because if someone wants to hurt you and you push them away then they will just return and attack you again, and the second time they might be more careful and succesful.  We believe that if someone attacks you you have to make them go down in a way that prevents them from getting up, for awhile or forever.

Of course if you push you can slam someone against a wall or into oncoming traffic, or you could possibly stomp on and break their ankle so they can't chase you, but those things are easier if you make the person fall right near you.

• Like 2

This is one of my teachers, Dave, doing a demo of the tai chi aspects of our system of Yueng Chuan.  Jesse Glover has said that Steve, the uke, is in the top 1% of the top 1% of martial artists in the world.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

The reason why Tai Chi Chuan is known today is because it is a high level martial art. In traditional systems one is trained in Kung Fu ( time and energy to obtain skill) before one is taught Tai Chi Chuan. Tai Chi is like going to an ivy league school if one is interested in martial art. In America the reverse happened the health benefits were promoted and application ignored.

Men like Dr Yang Jwing Ming and many others felt the need to restore the origin of Tai Chi Chuan martial arts (supreme ultimate fist or boxing).

Tai Chi Chuan is so deep that only  partial aspects are trained by many individuals depending on interest.

Friendly activity is push that sends a wave, non hurting through another body Two person sets, push hands and the like can be practiced without injury. When an internal strike does not wave through but gets caught in another body to bounce around inside t such damage results that it is not safe to practice with a partner.

• Like 4

I've met some highly skilled Tai Chi practitioners that could kick ass with the best of them. Unfortunately i can count them on one hand. Most Tai Chi people suck ass at fighting IME.

Just really depends on who your teacher is and whether they pass on the martial components or not. All of the martial components are there in the system already. You just got to peel through the onion. 

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 6

They usually do pay but I think that last one was a free visitor demo.  My Yang tai chi teacher told me he was lucky to be uke for master Park.  Park hurt him a lot, but by doing it he said he learned a lot of techniques first hand, ones which were not mentioned and not obvious to the other students.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

Real Tai Chi have alchemical results that's why it's different from fake tai chi. 

Using tai chi in martial arts is waste of time. Train in traditional and esoteric muay thai traditions then you can beat up groups of those tai chi masters. 

• Like 1

No problem Earl, the more the merrier, it is good to see these things from different vantage points.  Thanks for sharing.   Glenn looks like he is well versed in the applications.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

Wow this is AMazing! - anyone know more about this Tai Chi master? Serious Fa Jin.

Watch the Ma interview: 10 yrs to find his chi, 30 more to figure out how to use it.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 3