qicat

Also my personal experiences aren't all puppies and rainbows, most of them are very dark, and that doesn't sell well. People want to be reassured that everything is going to be ok, and there is no way to say otherwise without becoming the bad guy

6 minutes ago, allinone said:

If my gall can't dissolve the poison so i then will wait next process and suck the dirty blood out from where it will appear.

want talk about some tender colorful medicine ways?

well... about that... last night I went to Drakpo Jinsek. I doubt you have any idea what it is, but for the general public it is a "Through the Wrathful Jinsek (Drakpo Jinsek), all enemies, obstructers and those who bring harm both to worldly life and the path of enlightenment, are eliminated and liberated."

Fire pujas are quite something... No need to suck poison, just offer it to a deity with an open heart ( I think we did talk about "suffering as offering" somewhere around here)

I just hope you were conscious enough not to unleash your "rage" that night... It's complicated, but perhaps your karma...anyways... catnip... yes...meow....

2 hours ago, qicat said:

well... about that... last night I went to Drakpo Jinsek. I doubt you have any idea what it is, but for the general public it is a "Through the Wrathful Jinsek (Drakpo Jinsek), all enemies, obstructers and those who bring harm both to worldly life and the path of enlightenment, are eliminated and liberated."

Fire pujas are quite something... No need to suck poison, just offer it to a deity with an open heart ( I think we did talk about "suffering as offering" somewhere around here)

I just hope you were conscious enough not to unleash your "rage" that night... It's complicated, but perhaps your karma...anyways... catnip... yes...meow....

just wait till its ready to come out, the method depend on where it is, help the evil out to world.

its just pus.

a sidenote: semen is also a pus and the yellow essence what comes out of the ear.

Edited by allinone

14 minutes ago, allinone said:

a sidenote: semen is also a pus and the yellow essence what comes out of the ear.

no its not

Edited by phil48

6 minutes ago, phil48 said:

no its not

all holes, something coming out of it. Different names but same thing. Use heuristic method.

• Like 1

does your d*ck cause you lots of pain on your path? 

just wondering...

If you experiences bad and negative things in your spiritual practice that's means your practice is WRONG. True genuine practice is always uplifting. If you break you leg and it's hurts it means you doing something WRONG you can not ignore negativity in your practice as you can not ignore pain in chest which can be heart attack. 

Put it more simply - you do not know what you are doing with your mind or energy.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

If you experiences bad and negative things in your spiritual practice that's means your practice is WRONG. True genuine practice is always uplifting. If you break you leg and it's hurts it means you doing something WRONG you can not ignore negativity in your practice as you can not ignore pain in chest which can be heart attack. 

Put it more simply - you do not know what you are doing with your mind or energy.

that's correct

but I am not talking about that part.

Whoever wrote this quote seemed to talk about few things which are not spoken usually, thus, the interest. 

If you experiences bad and negative things in your spiritual practice that's means your practice is WRONG.

Yes, ( see my PDD on Qi Deviations, won't go here into details).

However, again, at certain point or practice "PAIN" seems to be a pre-requisite. Perhaps my English is not good enough to find proper description of the state linked closely to pain. 

The key to the practices ( I think) is that it is not constant. It hits you, it "washes you" and spits you out with a cleaner sparklier Self. Perhaps with more clarity and couple extra siddhis in the process... Until the next "wash" cycle... Eradicating acquired post-natal crap takes time... any lineage has "preliminaries", thus, again, the interest in the quote of the original author who said that...

meow... 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SeekerOfHealing said:

Sometimes pain can happen but that's different thing and results of you WRONG lifestyle slowly straightening up. 

there are so many roads of this...

I am actually working on something theoretical, perhaps will be either a PhD dissertation or something like (DAOM). I would honestly keep the pain part in theory only, but I doubt that's the case:P

hope your path in painless...

There are only couple situations where the pain arising thru results of certain meditations or effect of meditations and that's it. 

It should be painless and natural, otherwise you will break your spirit and fall into lower realms. 

well, i have had sessions after which I experienced sort of flowing pain, especially in my arm.  I had a frozen shoulder and it feels as if the pain is flowing right out of it.

shoulder is much better now, but still more stiff then the other one, there's still work to be done there

It may be depend of what/ how much you have locked in your body and for how many years.

Trauma for instance is not gonna leave your body unnoticed, that gave me a lot of physical pain, glad i've done it, that I'm through with that part of this life.

• Like 4

On ‎29‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 11:45 PM, qicat said:

does your d*ck cause you lots of pain on your path? 

just wondering...

yes.

Bringing this thread back on topic and avoiding the usual derailer of threads...

Some life experiences are easier to see as related to our practice, and other times, sensations in practice indicate the light and shadows. 

I'll give you an example: when I do mantra meditation, I usually feel my head congested with energy. But nothing else aside from emotions shifting, and then every time I finish a siddhi at 125,000 repetitions, a big karmic change comes, always for the better and often financial or in the form of new skills learned and friendships formed. It is also traumatic because the ego loses itself more when it finds its sense of self fundamentally changed and challenged--I have no idea how to describe it, but in one story, I found myself in more unpleasant social interactions with people, yet found myself patient and understanding instead of hateful. My Sifu told me that it's the subconscious ego pulling out that aspect of myself and putting it in others and testing me to outgrow it, and how to do so was compassion--whose mantra did I complete to have this happen? Kuan Yin, the Bodhisattva of compassion. Namo Kuan Shi Yin Pusa.

What I have to say is compassion isn't just towards others...it also includes self-compassion. Oh boy. That's a big one for me to accept at times, having gone from being a suicidal kid in high school to now an anachronistic "kid" with the face of a teen and the age of a Gen-Xer in both an era and a land too foreign to him. In other words, always the outsider, internally and externally, and still coming to terms with it.

"I'm bad, and that's good.

I will never be good, 

and that's not bad.

There's no one I'd rather be

than me." 

- The Bad Guy Creed from Bad-Anon, Wreck-it-Ralph

• Like 9

In my experience (and I have not read the threat mentioned in the OP), the facing of inner demons has to be the most challenging part of my practice.

As stillness grows, the contents of the mind (conscious as well as subconscious rising upward) tend to do a serious number on most people. 

A few years into serious practice it happened to me, so much so that I wanted to stop practice and give up on meditation and taiji altogether. But I am grateful that I stuck with it. When I was not judging and feeling guilty about  the contents of my mind, the stillness and emptiness (and the falling into deeper and deeper levels of it) was absolutely the antidote for the suffering.

We all have to go through the process (maybe some don't and if so, congrats :)), and come to the conclusion that who we are is independent of the mind and the body. We have always been the Te wrapped in a personality. The personality is artificial. The Te (Shen) is real. Dissolve the personality and uncover the Te. Slowly. The transformations we undergo are also artificial, just the dropping away of the personality...

• Like 14

1 hour ago, dwai said:

In my experience the facing of inner demons has to be the most challenging part of my practice.

... and later, after you work through that it sometimes becomes time to face 'outer' demons, ones from the spirit world.  That was an extended termporary stopping point for me.

• Like 4

Im in seekers camp. Discomforts angers and fears have been brief and understood to be transitory.  The progression though slow ,is at least always positive , and to do otherwise is like flowing uphill and creating rollercoasters of fresh troubles with impatience. Imo.  

Do as you think best though, I just wanted to provide two cents worth of alternative to what seems ,,, popular because tribulation isnt a guarantee that youre moving in a peaceful direction. 

sounds kind of sucky actually. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 0:01 AM, qicat said:

so...

since I have no experience with Meow Pai and the likes, however, I see a lot of similarities in the systems and I have a strong suspicion that at the certain level they are all the same in Daoist's school. Some lock their students for 90 days into darkness, some "speedlight" it to the point of "insanity" and if one passes, well, next level in video game had been achieved...

I would like to hear more personal stories about the phrase above... Feel free to use "my friend once told me" vs "one time I did XYZ and I know if I tell you , you will think I am officially crazy..."

I would like to move beyond creating fire, moving objects and other "circus" stuff... 

I am particularly interested in "dark" stuff. ( as I mentioned before my Sifu warned me about "tuff stuff coming", but I guess my naivette is not comprehending the "heaviness" of it). Sometimes it is EXTREMELY shitty. Like "kill me now" shitty.

discuss...

p.s. the quote is from the threat about you know what, but I am afraid it will be banned soon. However, would like to discuss this topic in detail without attachment to any lineage. 

"Also my personal experiences aren't all puppies and rainbows, most of them are very dark, and that doesn't sell well. People want to be reassured that everything is going to be ok, and there is no way to say otherwise without becoming the bad guy"

Life is very dark for a lot of people. 

Sometimes in my practice I feel their pain deeply and just cry.

Other times I feel the love and joy and just dissolve.

There is nothing to sell.

The people who want to be reassured that everything is going to be ok, should be reassured.

Waking up is a calling not a product.

Those who feel drawn to peer behind the masque need to be prepared and supported for what lies beneath.

Like yin and yang it encompasses both extremes and what lies between.

Our practice should and will support us, provided we have a credible practice and necessary guidance.

That doesn't mean it's all roses.

I've been to some pretty dark places, places I didn't know existed in me. 

And it's not always easy to leave those places, they have a way of lingering or recurring.

With patience and persistence we can transcend all of it if we're committed.

• Like 5

On 6/30/2017 at 4:11 PM, SeekerOfHealing said:

With due respect, I disagree - I do not give this message to people.

It invalidates their genuine experience which may be positive and negative and in either case is genuine.

If we are not experiencing bad and negative things, we are not touching the whole truth of our lives.

We are still closed to some things.

Spiritual growth opens us to truth and truth has both light and dark sides. 

Opening the heart necessarily involves some pain.

There are painful and challenging transitions and in the long run there should be stability and reconciliation.

When you break your leg and it hurts, it is a warning sign that something is damaged and one needs to take care.

It does not mean the pain is wrong or bad.

To the contrary, it is necessary and protective. 

When we experience pain in our lives and in our practice, it is calling our attention to something that needs expression. 

I agree that negative experience can be a sign of improper practice, but it can also be a sign of opening and deeper connection and experience. 

• Like 10

Few days ago I had a dream. I was hoping to successfully forget it, but no avail. I cannot say it haunts me, but it does bother me. 

Dream:

Take #1: Me. Life. Surroundings. Any place. All is happy and content. Friends. ( Basically imagine a snapshot of overblown Disneyland commercial in Any Town, USA)

Pass through two windows. Look at the square piece of paper ( written in English). Amazed that can read in a dream ( I am aware that I am dreaming in my dreams)

Take #2: Me. Life. Surroundings. Any place. All is happy and content. Friends. ( Basically imagine a snapshot of overblown Disneyland commercial in Any Town, USA), but something "feels off".

Pass through two windows. Look at the square piece of paper ( written in English). Amazed that can read in a dream ( I am aware that I am dreaming in my dreams), but noticed that words somehow are different.

Take #3...to Take #whateverNumber

Figured out that pass through the windows and a paper is somehow an "anchor" in a dream and allows to "switch"(?) dimensions. Noted that windows started to have nets on it and an environment was changing from candy-happy to gloomier and gloomier and some people were "chasing"(?) me, but as long as there was a window ( not a mirror), I was able to switch "dimensions".

Take #whatever.... to #passedToManyDimensions. 

At one "dimension" I was at the hotel and someone was chasing me. I tried to use windows to escape, but they put a very strong mesh on it. I had to physically break it and it was painful ( I cut(?) myself). I looked at the square paper and while original writing was there, it still somehow was said with different words ( i.e. actual words had changed, but the square paper is the same). The window this time had metal bars on it and I understood my "candy" dream games are getting "serious".

At the last(?) one ( I was not allowed to go?), it was all covered in red ashes. It seemed like there was either a volcano explosion or sun explosion or whatever catastrophe there. Human(?) bodies were everywhere, but everything was dead and covered in ashes. The low sun was rising and red ashes and pink air made everything very eerie. It looked as Nazi camp in 1943, buildings, architecture, dead bodies everywhere. However, there were other "people", who seemed to "hunt" me. Like I was not allowed to just wonder through dimensions. They knew I was doing it. They were the ones(?) who were blocking windows. I was inside of the building. The ashes were two feet deep. I saw rooms and rooms of bunk-beds where skulls were stacked in red ashes.  I understood either I am looking at the very deep end of my psych or the future/past of this/alternative worlds where things did not end up well for at least one type of human species. 

I woke up...

... I was thinking about all this ... as at the beginning it is all "rainbow and candies" and "fun and laughter and happiness", but as soon as you start to travel you realize things are morphing to an opposite side of the spectrum. But what was perplexing me... that "Auswitch camp" in my dream... the skulls... I do not think they were of a modern homo sapience. There were something strange about those humans. My dream had much larger and rounder skulls. It was very odd. 

/***********************************/

p.s. it takes certain knowledge and craziness to "step through the window", because it looks very very real and your acquired self is very concerned about "what if this is not a dream and we are gonna die"? 

p.p.s There were other "walkers" through the windows, but I did not get a chance to talk to them. I guess it might be a very common thing...

From rainbows to skulls and very sharp edges...all in one dream

... and you cannot sell it... so technically he is right : you cannot sell this sh^t. 

meow...

• Like 4

That is very nice that you are able to have lucid dreams! I find that if I practise more sincerely and eat healthier, I have more chances of getting them. You're likely doing well!

It was said by a few other practitioners that if you get stuck in certain places, you have to remember to practise releasing in your dreams/astral as well. Trying to get to a safe place is fine, but you will have better experiences if you can make yourself less dense. Connecting to your master may be of benefit?

• Like 2

in case anyone is still following this thread...

First of all congratulations qicat for starting it.

What I have to say is the following: Unless you go through some sort of preliminary death of the ego and you find yourself in a really dark place, without being able to get out of there by yourself, how can you ever be convinced that something "higher" guides and takes care of yourself? To me that is the only true initiation there is. A lot of people may not agree with me but they're free to have their own opinion.

Some random episode: when I started my DDJ studies, one night when I picked up the book I was attacked by what it seemed to be an invisible enraged dog. Yes, it was a very frightening experience that only showed me that I was doing the right thing and should keep at it.

• Like 1