Sign in to follow this  
allinone

alien invasion

Just now, allinone said:

Pure alien is scary and frightening. Stay away from sensual huggers.

Space invaders? :ph34r:

A space invader is someone who gets to close for comfort, one who has penetrated our unique individual private spatial area.

Our "space" and comfort with others in it depend upon our familiarity and comfort in and with the person invading as well the environment where such invasion occurs.

So an unsolicited / unexpected hug from some one unfamiliar could well be both "scary and frightening".

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Hug a tree.  You won't get any negative feedback.

Unless there's some sort of thorns or poison ivy

2 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Unless there's some sort of thorns or poison ivy

Hehehe.  I considered that before making the post but caution went to the winds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cold said:

A space invader is someone who gets to close for comfort, one who has penetrated our unique individual private spatial area.

Our "space" and comfort with others in it depend upon our familiarity and comfort in and with the person invading as well the environment where such invasion occurs.

So an unsolicited / unexpected hug from some one unfamiliar could well be both "scary and frightening".

Ma'ai   -     間合い  

A 'friend' decided to hide in some bushes near the local hotel and  'hug ' me  (  'jump me'  ) as I passed to 'see what I would do ' .  It was him that ended up ' both scared and frightened. '   ... as  I saw him duck in there and wait for me   :D   

Maai is all important ....  teacher taught ;     " First block . "    ... and to demonstrate he would just take a step back or to the side .  

( 2nd block was another step back, hands in defensive position and " No, no , no fight ! "   .... 3rd, block ... was a little 'less friendly'   ;)    )

But 'jumping someone'  may restrict one's ability for 'politeness'  . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Hug a tree.  You won't get any negative feedback.

good example because,

i read your comment then see it in my minds eye, then i think what position my hands are and how it is related to opening to receive or letting the guards down, then i get the sensation. the sensation is the main thing i need to get out of it.

That sensation i cultivate and joy arises and other qualities. If that is dissolved then i can move on.

So i find a situation what will be meet with aversion, my mind goes to hide away, but i see it, i bring it back and just do it together till good feelings arise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, allinone said:

Pure alien is scary and frightening. Stay away from sensual huggers.

i use the same slogan type like roger used in other thread, i complained about it and now i feel bad feeling. But knowing the mechanics i feel pleasant feelings.

Being from the Midwest I am not a hugger, except for my own family.  I'm trying to change that a bit though.  Not so much to initiate but get more comfortable hugging others, not be reluctant to hug better.. that little melt in the middle.  Got lots of practice at Burning Man. 

• Like 2

Second skandha is feeling.

Third skandha is perception.

i don't aspire to get good at hugging. I mean that when you cultivate then you get aversion, like you are inside a room alone and then afraid to socialize for a while.

-------

And the persons you "look up" respect, you are uncomfortable and try to avoid make mistakes and can't relax. So i doubt you going to hug them...

Just go meet with higher class of people. Amongst your kind yes you can be the daredevil and talk-active and showman.

• Like 1

Allinone:"Second skandha is feeling.

Third skandha is perception.

i don't aspire to get good at hugging. I mean that when you cultivate then you get aversion, like you are inside a room alone and then afraid to socialize for a while."

I probably felt some of that for years.  My early training had a strong Japanese centered aspiration to it.  Which tended towards formal, stiff..  As I've grown older, I've become more.. myself.  Informal, less stiff, open, instead of chasing an ideal, coming back to my natural self.   I'm less afraid to socialize, or to be alone, or look ridiculous or have fun.   

Thus I aspire to open my heart more.   Hugs seem like an ideal practice in that regard. 

an open heart is a vulnerable one.  there is risk; it takes either innocence or a daredevil, and I am not innocent. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this