cloud recluse

Chi Gong for Spinal Nerve Damage

A close personal freind of mine recently took some damage to the `nerve bundle coming out of Lumbar 3 . This was the result of an epidural administered incorrectly .

Now the hospital believes it is most likely that she will recover eventually( no particular timeframe specified-could be weeks, months or years) , but that is not a guarantee .

Currently, she is in intense pain, can barely walk & has weakness in the right leg. There are some numb spots too, but they are most likely permanent, & not her main concern.

Being crippled & in constant pain is her main concern ( she is currently doped up on painkillers, but DOES NOT want that as a long term approach ).

Naturally, she will take any medical treatment or therapy her doctors recommend, but she would also like to supplement them with alternatives to maximise her chances of recovery.

As well as her own quality of life, she is a single mother who must work to support the child she allready has ( The birth on this occasion was a surrogate she was doing for freinds ). So being a pain-wracked cripple is not really an option.

She has breifly experimented with Chi Gung in the past, microcosmic orbit & inner smile from Chia's books. She more or less had instant results, which was not surprising, as her faculty of viusualisation is one of the strongest Ive encountered.

Too strong in that instance actually, as after about 3 days of 2 short sessions a day, the orbit started to activate on its own at random times throughout the day, with a lot of hot energy moving into the head & causing headache ( Im given to understand this is a 'deviation').

So, I think she will respond quite quickly to anything, which is a good sign if not overdone . But she doesnt has the time, money or access to any formal courses or training.

Does anyone here have any suggestions for healing damage to the spinal nerves ??

Yours imploringly, Cloud.

Sereneblue seemed to have good preliminary results with Kunlun with a similar condition. It can be done in any position and she wouldn't have overheating problems with it. There's a lot about Kunlun on this site and kunlunbliss.com.

Good luck with it!

Yoda

Hi Cloud,

1. Osteopathic manipulation (cranial osteopathy). Most osteopathic docs these days are just like MD's and don't do manipulation anymore, but you can find listings of those who do.

2. Homeopathy to remove the energetic damage from the epidural. Remedies would be Arnica for the trauma, Hypericum for nerve damage, Ledum for the puncture wound, Staphysagria for the sense of violation if that was an issue, and possibly others depending on the particulars. This is best given by a skilled homeopathic practitioner, to get the correct remedies, dose and potency for the particular person.

Hahnemann Clinic for Heilkunst, (phone consults can be done).

She can take Arnica and Hypericum on her own, 30C potency would be good.

Also, herbal nervine forumulas can be used - Dr. Schulze has a good one, although the homeopathics would work more deeply.

3. SCENAR treatment, if she can find a local practitioner.

Wishing her the best,

Karen

Hi Cloud.

Master Tao does very effective treatments on all sorts of disorders, spinal being one of them. Some people travel from queensland and other states to be treated and learn from him.

I've been learning from him for almost 2 years and have the highest respect for his therapy and teachings.

I've been treated a few times, the most amazing was when i pinched a nerve in my neck and couldn't move without agonising pain. I was better in about 15 minutes from the session.

I think you're in Melbourne right? Master Tao is in Camberwell.

http://www.daoyintherapy.com.au/feedback.htm

I can tell you more personal experiences via PM if you want, but in any case, I think your friend would benefit greatly from seeing him.

Best wishes.

mat

Sereneblue seemed to have good preliminary results with Kunlun with a similar condition. It can be done in any position and she wouldn't have overheating problems with it. There's a lot about Kunlun on this site and kunlunbliss.com.

Good luck with it!

Yoda

Yoda:

I havent really been following the various Kunlun threads here, so I dont know if this is a silly question or not. Would the relevant material be freely available ? As I said, she cant afford classes, or actually get herself to them . But if it has been used for similair conditions , without risk of overheating, it would be a promising avenue for investigation.

2. Homeopathy to remove the energetic damage from the epidural. Remedies would be Arnica for the trauma, Hypericum for nerve damage, Ledum for the puncture wound, Staphysagria for the sense of violation if that was an issue, and possibly others depending on the particulars. This is best given by a skilled homeopathic practitioner, to get the correct remedies, dose and potency for the particular person.

Hahnemann Clinic for Heilkunst, (phone consults can be done).

She can take Arnica and Hypericum on her own, 30C potency would be good.

Also, herbal nervine forumulas can be used - Dr. Schulze has a good one, although the homeopathics would work more deeply.

Karen:

Im particularly interested in this, as its something I can bring to her,its not something she has to travel to.

Are there any contraindications for Arnica & Hypercium ?

[quote name='mat black' date='Jan 1 2008, 03:30 PM' post='47491'.....

I think you're in Melbourne right? Master Tao is in Camberwell.

Mat;

I am indeed a Melburnian, but my freind is actually in Canberra .Which is unfortunate, as what you say sounds promising.

This is why Im really fishing for info that she can use herself. As I said, her visualising skill is quite remarkable, as well as ( surprise, surprise ) her capacity for self-hypnosis . So specifics anyone comes up with would be great .

Hi

I wish her all the best. Well if she has been practicing the micro-cosmic orbit ....

In the area where I mentioned the root chakra, tell her to be very cautious of the kundalini. I like merely like this chakra because it is very easy for me to use for control. The fact that she also has problems in her leg makes the root chakra good news because she can send energy into her legs form this region very easily. Even if she is not sending the energy properly, the fact that a lot of meridians leave this region into the legs is good news.So for the sake of her health, information is now essential so she must read wide. Tan-Tien Qigong is a nice book for her to read for understanding the workings of the Tan-Tien while staying away form the exercises that increase pressure.

Sorry I could not find the post I said I would add to this but just search for user name Sean and search kundalini. You should find a diagram with instruction on how to ease the upper body tension caused by chi rising to the upper body.

Fusion:

Thankyou for this reply as its exactly the level of detail & precise refernces Im looking for ( Im quite new to the Alchemical side of Daoism & often find its complexity a bit daunting ) .

I will just clarify that she did not go on to regular practice Of the Orbit after the initial overheating, or anything else.

My question to you npow would be as to whether or not the Orbit would actually be of use in nerve damage. Or are there other techniques you could detail for me that would be more tailored to such an injury ?

My main reason for mentioning her experience with the Orbit was to emphasise how rapidly she gets strong results from what is really just casual dabbling .

Thankyou everyone for your responses. If youve got more, keep em coming. Like I said, its pretty much limited to info you can provide or direct me to, as classes are not really accesible to her.

Regards, Cloud Recluse :):)

Hi Cloud,

Re. Arnica and Hypericum, most people can get them locally at health food stores, or mail order from a homeopathic pharmacy.Some do international orders, for example, Ainsworths in London, www.ainsworths.com

There's never any contraindication for remedies in the sense of substances interfering with one another, or in the sense of making a condition worse. The curative process of the remedy elicits a healing reaction on the part of the body, which can appear as though the symptoms are worsening, temporarily, but that's just part of the healing process.

That's one of the reasons why it's best to work with a skilled practitioner who knows how to navigate through the process, minimize healing reactions or aggravations, and help support it at every step. For simple, self-limiting conditions like colds and flu, simple injuries, childhood illnesses, etc., people can try remedies on their own using homeopathy reference books (or even better, take a short course).

A wrong potency can cause undue discomfort in the healing process, but a 30C or lower is unlikely to be a problem. If a person is especially sensitive to remedies, they can put the dose in a small glass of water and take one sip as a dose.

So, taking Arnica/Hypericum 30C for this type of trauma is unlikely to cause any problems, and is safe to do on one's own for short periods of time. That will give her a good head start. For chronic conditions that need ongoing treatment, only a skilled homeopath can provide a more comprehensive treatment.

-Karen