Brian

Persistence

I must give credit where credit is due.

It takes considerable dedication to create a forum account under false pretenses and then lurk for more than a year, checking almost constantly for the appearance of a target thread, not posting a single time since your obligatory introductory post until someone posts on the special topic -- and to be ready to respond in less than twenty minutes???  Most impressive!

(Unless the whole thing was staged, I suppose -- perhaps after waiting for more than a year impatience finally gets the best of you and you create a sock puppet account or have an associate create an account to get the ball rolling?  It's a possibility, I guess -- create your own stimulus if the devil doesn't provide one himself?)

I prefer the persistence idea!  It seems less sad.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Brian said:

It takes considerable dedication to create a forum account under false pretenses and then lurk for more than a year, checking almost constantly for the appearance of a target thread, not posting a single time since your obligatory introductory post until someone posts on the special topic -- and to be ready to respond in less than twenty minutes???  Most impressive!

(Unless the whole thing was staged, I suppose -- perhaps after waiting for more than a year impatience finally gets the best of you and you create a sock puppet account or have an associate create an account to get the ball rolling?  It's a possibility, I guess -- create your own stimulus if the devil doesn't provide one himself?)

Who are you referring to?

54 minutes ago, ralis said:

Who are you referring to?

This is from over in the mopai thread.

I must say i feel the forum has been undergoing some cultivation growth in the last several years. Before the Mo Pai threads really rocked the forum and caused a lot of trouble and drama. Now it seems like the forum and mods are much more skillful and even handed in handling these things....at least from my perspective. Kudos. 

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 8

17 hours ago, Brian said:

Sleeper cells ala The Americans? :ph34r:

Oh my .... whom do we call Ghost Busters or holy ectoplasm do we need an Exorcist? :huh:

• Like 1

On 6/24/2017 at 9:25 PM, Brian said:

Hi Brian,

I believe you are one of the most vocal critics of our group.

We actually have a few high post members here, but they just keep their mouths shut because politely replying with a pro-mopai stance is considered trolling and enough for suspensions and bans. 

I made a strategic error,  I jumped to the conclusion that individual was interested in mopai, and hoped to speak with him before the scam artists got to him and filled his head with nonsense.   It looks like I was too late. 

Don't worry I am sure as soon as the administration here can cook up an excuse I'll be shown the door as well,  no need to fret.

:)

Just now, Ilovecoffee said:

Hi Brian,

I believe you are one of the most vocal critics of our group.

We actually have a few high post members here, but they just keep their mouths shut because politely replying with a pro-mopai stance is considered trolling and enough for suspensions and bans. 

I made a strategic error,  I jumped to the conclusion that individual was interested in mopai, and hoped to speak with him before the scam artists got to him and filled his head with nonsense.   It looks like I was too late. 

Don't worry I am sure as soon as the administration here can cook up an excuse I'll be shown the door as well,  no need to fret.

You are quite mistaken in your belief.  I am not a critic of Mo Pai at all and I have great respect for John Chang, who I believe to be the real deal, and for the Mo Pai students themselves.

You are master of your own destiny, ilovecoffee, within this forum as in life.  The future is what you make it.  I wish you nothing but the best in your ventures.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

You are quite mistaken in your belief.  I am not a critic of Mo Pai at all and I have great respect for John Chang, who I believe to be the real deal, and for the Mo Pai students themselves.

You are master of your own destiny, ilovecoffee, within this forum as in life.  The future is what you make it.  I wish you nothing but the best in your ventures.

Ah the sarcasm is strong with you today Brian.

Thanks for the kind, yet completely insincere words.

1 minute ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Ah the sarcasm is strong with you today Brian.

Thanks for the kind, yet completely insincere words.

No, no sarcasm intended, and no insincere words.

I mean what I say and say what I mean.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I do not believe you are sincere, even if you claim otherwise.

Best wishes.

You are, of course, free to believe whatever you wish to believe.

<shrug>

• Like 2

Just now, Brian said:

You are, of course, free to believe whatever you wish to believe.

<shrug>

Doesn't this usually devolve into something like this with you people?

1. The video of John is a hoax and proves nothing, but I believe John is legit for "other" reasons.

2. The Indonesian students are legit, but even though your group follows Jim and Kosta's teachings without change or alteration you are not.  Jim and Kosta misunderstood what they were taught, so you do as well. Never mind that John tested Jim personally to ensure he was qualified to progress level by level, he still misunderstood.

3. Jim's incorrect methods gave him prostate cancer.

etc. etc.

It's hard for me to believe you changed your stripes over night my friend.

That is why I do not believe your words are sincere.

3 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Doesn't this usually devolve into something like this with you people?

1. The video of John is a hoax and proves nothing, but I believe John is legit for "other" reasons.

2. The Indonesian students are legit, but even though your group follows Jim and Kosta's teachings without change or alteration you are not.  Jim and Kosta misunderstood what they were taught, so you do as well. Never mind that John tested Jim personally to ensure he was qualified to progress level by level, he still misunderstood.

3. Jim's incorrect methods gave him prostate cancer.

etc. etc.

It's hard for me to believe you changed your stripes over night my friend.

That is why I do not believe your words are sincere.

I've never claimed that video of John was a hoax, my friend.  I've tried to explain why it is not "scientific evidence" and why it therefore should not be presented as "proof" of anything but I have never claimed John is a hoaxer.  Likewise, I've never said anything to suggest I think Jim practiced "incorrect methods" or that this led to his death.  Frankly, I know virtually nothing about Jim and I see no motivation or benefit in exploring his life or death.  You substantially underestimate the extent to which I simply don't care about "your group" or you practices -- except to the extent that you attempt to cause disruption on this forum.  I wish you and "your group" nothing but the best, including MPG himself, and I welcome you to participate in discussions here in a civil manner consistent with the forum's rules and guiding principles.

• Like 5

"I've tried to explain why it is not "scientific evidence" and why it therefore should not be presented as "proof"

Yeah, you say tomato, I say tomato.  (for some reason typing that out doesn't have the same effect)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

"I've tried to explain why it is not "scientific evidence" and why it therefore should not be presented as "proof"

Yeah, you say tomato, I say tomato.  (for some reason typing that out doesn't have the same effect)

To-may-to, to-mah-to

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to

Let's call the whole thing off!

• Like 5

On 6/26/2017 at 11:16 AM, Brian said:

To-may-to, to-mah-to

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to

Let's call the whole thing off!

Edited by Ilovecoffee

It would't surprise me if the people who are claiming to be part of Mo Pai are just a bunch of geeks having fun riling people up....it's something i could see myself doing if i was REALLY ,REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY fucking bored.

Just assuming people who start calling themselves Mo Pai are bullshitting you (until proven otherwise) is probably a good policy since every occurrence of such followers being on the forum has resulted in trolling and drama. 

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 1

Like  children stamping their feet, crying for attention, something to prove, division upon division, us against them,

belief of superiority or authority so many errores on the way,

The so many fundamental mistakes shown just keep adding up and the agenda being pushed looks worse with every word.

I would not consider any level of achievement  too many mistakes or just plain ignorance of basic principles of cultivation.

The best part is having a comparision as such it points to the true way or at least makes it more visible when we are talking about the formless

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

It amazes me how bored some people can get considering how much training Mo Pai theoretically requires. 

Until the other day, I was trying to be fair, but after getting a taste of their usual disdain and disrespect for outsiders and other masters, I was reminded that being fair requires people to meet halfway, and this just doesn't happen when dealing with them. 

Earl,

Some points of note:

1. I am posting while at work, and I could not meditate here if I wanted to.

2. I am not bored, I made a mistake and thought I would try and help someone I thought was curious about MoPai, turns out they already had their head filled with nonsense and were beyond any help.   So there goes my account as a result.

3. What you perceive as disdain and disrespect is just common sense, a reasonable person does not accept claims without good hard objective evidence with scientists present to rule out fraud.  Show us the money and we'll gladly drop MoPai and come running to whatever master or practice can be validated under such scrutiny.

4. There is no meeting half way, either you can provide such evidence or you can't, this is pretty black and white.

Edited by Ilovecoffee
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Brian said:

I've never claimed that video of John was a hoax, my friend. 

What's the video? Any chance of a link for clueless noobs such as myself?

6 hours ago, OldSaint said:

It would't surprise me if the people who are claiming to be part of Mo Pai are just a bunch of geeks having fun riling people up....it's something i could see myself doing if i was REALLY ,REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY fucking bored.

Just assuming people who start calling themselves Mo Pai are bullshitting you (until proven otherwise) is probably a good policy since every occurrence of such followers being on the forum has resulted in trolling and drama. 

It may disappoint you but we don't have fun "riling" you up.  We are a spiritual counterculture, many of you refer to us as spiritual materialists.  Imagine if a bunch of hippies who believed in free "love", group "love", veganism, and pro marijuana joined a super conservative forum, because they shared one narrow thing in common.  It would be constant drama and arguments and that is the same thing we see here.   Our group and your group have opposing ideologies and epistemology, so we clash.

Edited by Ilovecoffee