X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

1 minute ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Do you promise?

See you were just given the chance to answer questions and be cool, but chose to act like a smartass. Do you understand that's the issue here, not mopai? It's your attitude and you use mopai in your arguments, so people counter you. 

I'm not of the opinion that people are hopeless. I'm giving you the opportunity here to show people you can be chill, young an be sociable an a contributing member of the community here. I asked questions, I'm not interested in dicking around with you, if you're not honorable enough to answer them and can only keep trying to bait others then I will give up on you as a serious person and block you like I did Brian for his argumentative behaviour in regard to race. I'm asking you here not out of what weakness on my part, but out of the strength in me.

Trust it takes a lot to not be a total dbag especially the way you've behaved. An in have let myself down a few times, but I realised it's time to man up on my end and try to give you rope to either save yourself or hang yourself in the eyes of others. Your power, honor, social credibility for all to see hinges on your reply. Are you gonna be a honorless ass or an honorable person, regardless of what's been done to you or said here's your time to shine by just answering question and making an effort to be helpful.

Come on, you got this 

• Like 1

Please no one post til ilovecoffee responds. Let's give him a final chance once and for all as a community to try to be chill an answer the questions without smartass quips or accusations or anything but just a general contribution to the knowledge to another member. Maybe then it'll bury the hatchet once an for all with.

I know it's a free forum and anyone is welcome to comment however I stated my reasons and I'm not trying to offend anyone, just end this bad blood by showing ilovecoffee can be reasonable and helpful. Regardless of what's gone on in the past we can start over now.

If you have issue with the peace I'm trying to accomplish then there's the ignore or report button or even private message button.

I do not believe there is any bad blood we are just watching someone dig their grave, get into it and start covering themselves with dirt. More like a horror story. 

We have all tried to have him stop digging, tell him to get out of the grave and wonder why in the world anyone would want to bury themselves alive with dirt. 

Secretly ilovecoffe is anti mo pei and wants the system to look as bad as possible. 

No one has ever tried reverse phycology before but if the intention is to expose a fraudulent, anti health and dangerous system he is doing a great job.

You are the peacekeeper. I just watch the show and put in some story lines as the show continues.

Maybe flashbacks from the beginning ( like starting over) to remind the audience of the significance of the story line.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

I do not believe there is any bad blood we are just watching someone dig their grave, get into it and start covering themselves with dirt. More like a horror story. 

We have all tried to have him stop digging, tell him to get out of the grave and wonder why in the world anyone would want to bury themselves alive with dirt. 

Secretly ilovecoffe is anti mo pei and wants the system to look as bad as possible. 

No one has ever tried reverse phycology before but if the intention is to expose a fraudulent, anti health and dangerous system he is doing a great job.

You are the peacekeeper. I just watch the show and put in some story lines as the show continues.

Maybe flashbacks from the beginning ( like starting over) to remind the audience of the significance of the story line.

Could you message me on turtle Breathing and going for long periods without eating? I'm trying to retroengineer how it's done by what I know and not much luck. Though with true breathing there's YouTube videos on how, but not many on why.

I just wanted to give him a chance in front of everyone to show he can be a chill guy, someone cool. I mean a person who takes in their mother afterwards the father does, an sacrifices a portion of his personal life to take care of the woman who birthed him...he can't be all full of shit. I just wanted to put an effort for him to be seen in a better light, because I understand that type of situation. I've got a friend going thru something similar and I see how it wears at a person, putting the needs of a family member over your own. You try to find yourself in other ways and fight for yourself in that way because part of you is always openhearted to the ones you love.

But I mean, things are how they are. But someone who cares that much bout his mother isn't a complete jackals, he's a good guy, just trying to hold himself together as best he can an maybe mopai is how he's doing it.

Edited by Hancock

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Tried to do the same thing you are doing with him a couple days ago. Who knows? Maybe it will work this time. Worth another shot, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

I've been attacked by this guy over past things, but a teacher once told me anyone who attacks me is an unwitting ally. Showing me my self from outside, an feeding into my strengthening because their attack is opportunity to tune myself to be stronger in virtue and actual training, as well as dignity and the best yet in understanding and being compassionate. He always said seek to understand anyone you hate, even if for an instant, then seek the light in them and give opportunities for it to shine.

Edited by Hancock
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Showing me my self from outside, an feeding into my strengthening because their attack is opportunity to tune myself to be stronger in virtue and actual training, as well as dignity and the best yet in understanding and being compassionate.

#tdbcultivation101

I knew you had it in you somewhere!!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

#tdbcultivation101

I knew you had it in you somewhere!!!

You were right Kar3n. You helped me realize something my teacher told me long ago. Thank you for your help. Tell Tom I say hi.

cb4.jpg.25715fa3c68ac1e9327df915395b1ba0.jpg

Edited by Hancock

I do not advise fasting for a long time. Prepare the body by drinking liquid food and start slow The length of time that one fasts depends on one’s strength and what one is capable of. Step by step and gradually elevating. There is a recovery time afterword and should be at least 28 days before fasting again.

one determines whether to choose complete abstention or half-abstention as the fasting method.
Some people are allowed to eat some fruits, nuts and honey.

‘abstention from grains’ happens naturally during the cultivation processes of ‘The Ten Months of Nourishing the Embryo, The Three Years of Suckling the Infant and the Nine Years of Facing the Wall’. It is a path a cultivator inevitably has to go through.

Nowadays fasting is used in order to regulate the body and mind, and eliminate the body’s waste products. Toxicological factors improve the digestion and absorption functions of the spleen and stomach; speed up the physical metabolism, where the new replaces the old

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2017 at 11:35 PM, 小梦想 said:

I just checked and only see your own wording. Are you sure something like that happened?

Wouldn't be the first time you were caught lying about things.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:39 PM, 小梦想 said:

It is very hard to trust someone who has lied just recently, without even admitting the lie despite evidence in black and white.

Maybe you just need a little break away from this place. Sometimes the mind can play tricks on you when you spend too much time staring at a computer screen and not meditating every day.

Have a nice day, I won't derail this thread any further.

1 minute ago, 小梦想 said:

Yours were 100% done on purpose. I changed them into apologies for trying once again to completely derail and turn into endless pages or you saying the same thing over and over. Please don't go on and on now about this and that. It was clear to everyone except you that I already admitted to editing your posts on the first page of this thread. 

You just don't have the ability to understand anything that isn't 100% literal. Stop being annoying, stop derailing threads, and stop complaining about how people treat you when it is your behavior that causes the treatment you receive.

There is no one else on this forum that I would ever need to edit their posts to stop them from trying to forcefully have their say over and over. I urge you to take a step back and look at your behavior from the other members on this forum. You are doing here, what people on your forum get instantly banned for. 

Don't reply to this, just absorb the information.

Hi 小梦想,

I just wanted to give you my sincerest thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't appreciate it being insinuated I was lying.

Thank you again.

I hope your life is long, and your practice fruitful. 

15 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Hi 小梦想,

I just wanted to give you my sincerest thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't appreciate it being insinuated I was lying.

Thank you again.

I hope your life is long, and your practice fruitful. 

~~~  ADMIN NOTICE ~~~

ILC is suspended for three says for spamming and trolling the forum with posts from other threads unrelated to this one.  He was already told in effect what he does is trolling and then continues it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

I know as I write this that this is a mistake. 

The lying I have been accusing you of is not related to this PPD (Can you really not see this). It was clear to anyone reading my replies that I did alter your posts and was just "taking the p**s" as they say. In other words, I was just making fun of you a little bit.  

I won't even mention the lying I was accusing you of because everyone else can see clearly that you lied. If I did mention it you would be posting another 50 pages trying to prove somehow that you weren't lying about anything. You are a disaster to any thread that you come onto. Not because you do "mo pai" but because you are so self-absorbed that you cannot see the damage your cause. You are by all definitions of the word, a pest.

I don't say the above things to be mean, but you need to realize that you are your own worst enemy.

PS. Dawei, If you want me to remove my reply then I gladlly will

You've been very honest through this important issue.

removing your post is not what is in question to be removed from this site.

Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Thank God! ... although I don't believe in god.  I just have to share this somewhere, but I found the guy so annoying last night that I asked my guardian to make it stop, and let me tell you, I almost never ask him for favors like that.  It's probably just a coinkydink, but anyway, what a relief!  I hope he doesn't return for a long time, or forever.

Edited by Starjumper

How much of our precious time and energy does this topic require?

My intention is to offer ilovecoffee and those he claims are in hiding here my compassion and understanding.

I may not agree with your choices and conclusions but it is not for me to choose for you, only for myself.

If you feel that MoPai is your only way forward then you have my support.

Every point that needs to be made about MoPai and it's variants has been made (many times over).

We all have the information we need to make our decisions and move on and no one is going to change anyone else's mind on the subject. Anyone contributing further to this thread or this topic knows exactly what will come of it from experience.

Is that really what we want out of this site and our precious and limited time?

I intend to let go of the topic entirely. 

Warm wishes to all of you.

• Like 5

For some reason I feel compelled to add my 2 cents to this thread.

Here is how I look at things, and I think that there is ample evidence to support this view.

Practices designed to build an extremely dense field of qi in the dantian capable of objective manifestation (setting things on fire, pushing things without touching etc..) carry significant risks.

If you have an untreated blockage in the meridian system (and most of us probably do), then pumping up the dantian indiscriminately will likely make it worse resulting in illness and even death.

I should point out here that the 2 most open western proponents of mo pai training BOTH got cancer.  One of them died from it.  At the very least, it should be enough to raise some eyebrows.  

These practices are no joke.  If you want to engage in them, in my opinion you should find a master willing and capable of evaluating your condition medically and treating it if necessary.   Also, I think it is important to have regular access to said master so that deviations caused by practice can likewise be treated and the practice adjusted accordingly.

The qi in your body is what keeps you alive.  Fuck it up and you get sick.  Fuck it up even worse and you die.  A lot of people who have practiced this stuff without proper supervision have gotten sick.  Some have even died.  Why do that to yourself?

Have a nice day,

Mike

BTW the ideas expressed above are not entirely my own.  The qigong master of my school has treated many many people with significant  issues caused by improper practice.  It seems to be a common problem.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, mla7 said:

BTW the ideas expressed above are not entirely my own.  The qigong master of my school has treated many many people with significant  issues caused by improper practice.  It seems to be a common problem.

This has echoed across the pages of TDB for ages. One of theses days hopefully it will soak in...

sigh

You have improper practice. 

You also have "I wouldn't do that", tightly followed by "that's not how it is done in my tradition". 

And you have "bloody stupid practice",  which, I have to remind myself sometimes, too often is the same as "that's not how it is done in my tradition". 

And you have "plain wrong performance of a method". 

Separating them is sometimes very difficult. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2017 at 10:41 PM, 小梦想 said:

I know as I write this that this is a mistake. 

The lying I have been accusing you of is not related to this PPD (Can you really not see this). It was clear to anyone reading my replies that I did alter your posts and was just "taking the p**s" as they say. In other words, I was just making fun of you a little bit.  

I won't even mention the lying I was accusing you of because everyone else can see clearly that you lied. If I did mention it you would be posting another 50 pages trying to prove somehow that you weren't lying about anything. You are a disaster to any thread that you come onto. Not because you do "mo pai" but because you are so self-absorbed that you cannot see the damage your cause. You are by all definitions of the word, a pest.

I don't say the above things to be mean, but you need to realize that you are your own worst enemy.

PS. Dawei, If you want me to remove my reply then I gladlly will

Small Dream,

What I told you was the truth,  John did teach that to make progress you need to be in "actual meditation", and that sitting and breathing was approximately 2% as effective as being in "actual meditation" and that meditating one hour per day and not in "actual meditation" would take 10 years to complete level 1. 

That is what John said, I didn't lie to you about it.

On 8/30/2017 at 4:05 PM, mla7 said:

For some reason I feel compelled to add my 2 cents to this thread.

Here is how I look at things, and I think that there is ample evidence to support this view.

Practices designed to build an extremely dense field of qi in the dantian capable of objective manifestation (setting things on fire, pushing things without touching etc..) carry significant risks.

If you have an untreated blockage in the meridian system (and most of us probably do), then pumping up the dantian indiscriminately will likely make it worse resulting in illness and even death.

I should point out here that the 2 most open western proponents of mo pai training BOTH got cancer.  One of them died from it.  At the very least, it should be enough to raise some eyebrows.  

These practices are no joke.  If you want to engage in them, in my opinion you should find a master willing and capable of evaluating your condition medically and treating it if necessary.   Also, I think it is important to have regular access to said master so that deviations caused by practice can likewise be treated and the practice adjusted accordingly.

The qi in your body is what keeps you alive.  Fuck it up and you get sick.  Fuck it up even worse and you die.  A lot of people who have practiced this stuff without proper supervision have gotten sick.  Some have even died.  Why do that to yourself?

Have a nice day,

Mike

A.  I know someone personally who like Jim was doused in agent orange in Vietnam and went on to develop the same type of prostate cancer Jim did which was linked to agent orange exposure, and he has never practiced any type of internal art in his life.

B.  Any man who lives long enough will have to deal with prostate issues, and probably prostate cancer it is the most common cancer in men.

Edited by Ilovecoffee
  • Like 1

There are a few turtle-breathing methods. The one that I do is part of San Pan Gong curriculum. The breathing method: reverse abdominal mco (I supposed that the requirements in reverse abdominal mco is taken for granted) in sync with physical movement. Stand with feet apart, shoulder-width with both hands relaxed by the sides. Stand relaxed. No tension in the body. Physical movement: shoulders and neck. Shoulders: thrust back and up and forward and down in circular movement. Breathe-in during the first movement of the shoulders. Before the downward motion of the shoulders, thrust head up, stretch neck. Breathe-out during the downward movement of the shoulders, neck is then stretched forward and then pull in with chin touching the chest, if you can. The length of breathing in and out is in sync with the movements. Movements are relaxed and slow. If you are not adapt with reverse abdominal mco breathing, then don't do this particular turtle-breathing.

On 6/27/2017 at 12:33 AM, shazlor said:

I believe these are several important points Mr. Wu Ming Jen brings up and is touched upon in this section of Journey to the West;

On a day when spring was giving way to summer, and all the students had been sitting under some pine trees listening to lectures for a long time, they said, "Sun Wukong, in what life did you earn your present destiny? The other day our teacher whispered to you how to do the transformations to avoid the Three Disasters. Can you do them all yet?"

"It's true, brothers," said Sun Wukong with a grin, "I can do them all. In the first place, it's because our master taught me; and in the second place, it's because I practiced them hard day and night."

"This would be a good time for you to give us a demonstration." At this suggestion Sun Wukong braced his spirit to show off his skill.

"What's it to be, brothers? Tell me what you'd like me to turn myself into."

"Turn into a pine tree," they all said. Sun Wukong clenched his fist, said the magic words, shook himself, and changed into a pine tree.

It was truly Green and misty throughout the four seasons,

Raising its upright beauty to the clouds.

Not in the least like a demon monkey,

Every inch a tree that withstands frost and snow.

When the students saw it they clapped their hands and chuckled aloud, saying, "Good old monkey, good old monkey." They did not realize that the row they were making had disturbed the Patriarch, who rushed out through the door, dragging his stick behind him.

"Who's making a row out here?" he asked. The students hurriedly pulled themselves together, straightened their clothes and went over to him.

Sun Wukong, who had now resumed his real appearance, said from the forest, "Master, we were holding a discussion here, and there were no outsiders making a din."

"Yelling and shouting like that," the Patriarch angrily roared, "is no way for those cultivating their conduct to behave. If you are cultivating your conduct, the subtle vapours escape when you open your mouth, and when you wag your tongue, trouble starts. What was all the laughing and shouting about"

"Just now Sun Wukong did a transformation for fun. We told him to turn himself into a pine tree, and he did. We all praised and applauded him, which was why we disturbed you with the noise, master. We beg you to forgive us."

The Patriarch sent them all away except for Sun Wukong, to whom he said, "Come here. Is that a way to use your spirit? To change into a pine tree? Is this a skill you should be showing off in front of people? If you saw somebody else doing that, wouldn't you ask him to teach you? If other people see you doing it, they're bound to ask you to teach them, and if you want to keep out of trouble you'll have to do so; otherwise they may do you harm, and then your life will be in danger."

Sun Wukong kowtowed and said, "Please forgive me, master."

"I shan't punish you," the Patriarch replied, "but you'll have to go." Sun Wukong's eyes filled with tears.

"Master, where am I to go?"

"Go back to where you came from." Sun Wukong had a sudden awakening, and he said, "I came from the Water Curtain Cave on the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit in the country of Aolai in the Eastern Continent of Superior Body."

"If you hurry back there," the Patriarch replied, "you will be able to preserve your life. If you stay here it will be absolutely impossible to do so." Sun Wukong accepted his punishment.

"Yes, master," he said. "I've been away from home for twenty years and I do miss the old days and my children and grandchildren. But when I remember that I have not yet repaid your enormous generosity to me, I can't bring myself to go."

"What sort of kindness would you be doing me if you stayed? I'll be happy enough if you keep me out of any disasters you cause."

Seeing that there was nothing else for it, Sun Wukong bowed and took leave of him, saying good−bye to all the other students.

"Now that you're going," the Patriarch said, "I'm sure that your life will not be a good one. Whatever disasters you cause and crimes you commit, I forbid you under any circumstances to call yourself my disciple. If you so much as hint at it I'll know at once, and I'll tear off your monkey skin, chop up your bones, and banish your soul to the Ninth Darkness. I won't let you out for ten thousand aeons."

"I promise never to give away a single letter of your name," said Sun Wukong. "I'll just say that I taught myself."

Sun Wukong took his leave and went away. Making the spell by clasping his fist he jumped head over heels, summoned a somersault cloud, and went back to the Eastern Continent. Within two hours he saw the Water Curtain Cave on the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit. The Handsome Monkey King was so pleased that he said to himself:

"When I left here my mortal flesh and bones were heavy,

But now I have the Way my body's light.

No one in the world has real determination,

To the firm will, the hidden becomes clear.

When I last crossed the seas the waves got in my way,

But now on my return the journey's easy.

The parting words still echo in my ears;

When will I see The Eastern Ocean again?"

Sun Wukong put away his cloud and headed straight to the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit. As he followed the path there he heard the call of the cranes and the cries of the apes.

The crane calls echoed beyond the Milky Way,

and the ape cries were pathetically sad.

Sun Wukong shouted a somewhat out of context quote from Garth Marengi's Darkplace ep4. Apes of Wrath,

"BUTTS IF WE'RE ALL BASICALLY HOMOS(apiens wayfaring a way to De Way), SHOULDN'T WE ALL GET ALONG!?" "

IMG_6524.thumb.JPG.5e05083afae70a13264b1fb2755e6c4d.JPG

(By Liu I-Ming)

What a pity, as I do with many of this forums wiszdomable posters, I was looking forward to examining any precious gemstones Mr. X2471990 was willing to share - 

(cut and fashioned into an instant initiatic symbolext and/or uncut for me to riddle and figure out for myself) 

- from his own individual teaching, school, learning and experience but he appears to have been hastily browbeaten out of any possible want to contribute. Can't blame him.

Cheerio.

Do you happen to know which author wrote this?

Long men simply don't pay for gongs, because you ask them to pay more for gongs, but you don't say why they need to pay more for gongs. If you just name a price, but you don't say for what, then they think that your gong sucks and they don't want it, they don't pay for it. Because they don't wanna buy it. Because they think that they don't need it. 

Maybe some old tiny man said that long men would pay more for gongs, so you travelled the entire planet, to find long men. Only to find out they don't need gongs. And I understand you would angry in such a case, however...

They may just not be ready to come to the realisation that they need gong. So maybe you need to remind them of why they need gong, first, before you ask them to more pay for gong! Then they will say, oh yes I need gong. Now I more pay for gong! And then you say long men, more pay for gong! 

And long say we pay more for gong, infact give us all the gong you have! We now know why we need the gong, we understand the reason for gong! We know the purpose of a gong! 

Aah, yes indeed. Easy to do good business, yes? 

Edited by Everything

LoneManPai is just ego run a muck.

John says he is a kung fu master wont even call himself a taoist master but lonemanpai says he is a necromancer. 

Then 

Lonemanpai declares John is dead. An that people should join lonemanpai because it is just as great as MoPai.

I mean Wow!

What an ego. 

I mean John only had to find a real teacher baishee study for decades and then inherit his master teachings and school. 

But now some no name guy can make up his complete Pai (saying indirectly that he is better than Pak John). An people should join that.

Edited by beachbum78
  • Haha 1

It's presented a bit bizarrely, and is one mans creation but from my limited reading, watching and correspondence I'd put LMP into an area like KAP, a very talented person creating a synthesis, a distilling of many energetic systems and traditions into something that draws from tradition, but without the trappings.   SoG may look like he comes from a Mad Max movie, but the man has the mind of a scholar.  He knows his stuff.

I haven't been in contact with him for years, but he seemed to be a person of integrity who walked the walk.  If you're looking for power, high energy route, this kind of 'Jeet Kun Do' of the energetics world could be worth a try (not my cup of tea).  For that matter so could KAP, but I get the feeling that KAP is a less manic style of training. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1