X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

Hello X2471990, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi X, 

Please keep in mind that most "mo pai" discussions have ended very badly here at DaoBums.  They have even been the cause of members being banned from the forum.  I feel you have the right to speak to the subject.  However, please understand that forum rules must not be violated, and personal insults will not be tolerated.  Please keep your discussion to the topic and not to others' personal beliefs.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

X2471990,

While what Marblehead said is true, it's only one very narrow angle of the full story. 

If you dislike Mo Pai and want to trash talk the practice itself, people like Jim McMillan or Kosta Danaos, or even John Chang  you are encouraged to do so here on this forum.   

Members that are polite to a fault, and stand in defense of this practice, or its teachers absolutely will be banned here.  

I know this for a fact to be true as I've seen members here banned for no reason at all, or even for things they said on another forum and not here on thedaobums.

This community and more importantly its administration do not tolerate actual students of Mo Pai from politely defending themselves, their practice, or their teachers from slander, false accusations, or general trolling.  

Ironically the community and administration are tolerant of those who make up some new practice they invented and call it Mo Pai, or who want to scam you for money.  

What I am trying to convey to you is anyone here who could actually help answer your questions is not going to be allowed to do so.   You will be left to be told how stupid this practice and all who follow it are, or be filled with misinformation by people who invent new practices they call Mo Pai and represent themselves as authorities on the subject.  

If you genuinely want information on the practice of Mo Pai, this forum is the last place you need to be.  

Edited by Ilovecoffee
typo
  • Like 1

Thanks for the post Ilovecoffee.  I don't necessarily agree with everything you said but it includes fair warnings and that must be considered good.

10 hours ago, X2471990 said:

So I'd like to clear somethings up in this issue from what I have seen posted on the sites here. 

What would you like to clear up?

Regards,

Jeff

• Like 2

In truth Mo Pai is treated the same way as other arts here.  There was a Mo Pai promoter who'd tend to write in multiple threads that he had the real thing and what everyone else was studying was fantasy.  Note he'd also say the same thing about people from other schools of Mo Pai.   He was a troll and spammer and banned multiple times.  

Mo Pai is a good system, but it is not without problems.  Every system is critiqued to some extent here and those which make the most extravagant claims often are judged harsher.  Its human nature. 

While I've never practiced Mo Pai, one thing I've gotten from it is the importance of sitting on the ground when you can.  A nice simple fact that people can experience easily for themselves, yet somehow the banned member would create long term vendettas against those who had a different view. 

If you're coming here with a chip on your shoulder as an imagined martyred Mo Pai practitioner don't bother writing here.  We've had a dozen or more long repetitive looping threads of that flame out.  On the other hand if you want to talk about and share your art, great, that's what we do here.  Discuss.   

• Like 7

Welcome!

There is much wise advice in the posts preceding this one ... I strongly suggest one can learn a lot by listening !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

In truth Mo Pai is treated the same way as other arts here. 

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

everyone gets a chance here regardless of what they want, practice, or wish to discuss.

You do realize they have banned an entire group of people that made sure everything they said here on this forum was as polite as possible while defending their teachers and practice right?  

The only way members of our group can remain a part of this forum is by remaining silent on the topic of Mo Pai whenever it comes up. There is no way a reasonable person can conclude it is treated the same way, or that everyone here has a voice.

Do you remember when Jim McMillan died? The posts were not respectful at all instead they all screamed how Mo Pai caused his prostate cancer, and never mentioned the fact the specific type of prostate cancer he died of was specifically linked to his Agent Orange exposure.    

They further disrespected him by saying he misunderstood what he was taught by John, completely ignoring the fact John personally tested him, and determined him ready to progress level by level in the system.  

Can you imagine if some teacher like Michael Lomax died of prostate cancer, and someone said his system caused his cancer, and that he got sick because he misunderstood what his teachers taught him?  There would be a riot, and you know it.  In our case members who politely rebuked those claims just got banned.

People from our group who come here to stop the spread of such misinformation even though we are as polite as humanly possible are banned as "Trolls", and to be honest it just is not true.  

The truth is only those who are against Mo Pai, and those who sell fake teachings they created and market as Mo Pai are allowed a voice here on this forum.

Edited by Ilovecoffee
typo

13 hours ago, X2471990 said:

So I'd like to clear somethings up in this issue from what I have seen posted on the sites here. 

Welcome, X2471990!

• Like 3

What about Meow Pai? I heard that's the Most Ultimate Fighting Skill you can have... 256 levels....

• Like 5

Right from the get-go you have begun with partisan politics as part of a group rather than just as an individual.

Despite what may be called politeness,  there are still things to which people may take offence to  , or get fed-up with.  

Are you posting to show up somewhere with outrage to display? , or to show allegiance to , what I would consider

, just one more practice,  in a family of related practices? 

You haven't given anyone a chance at all in your mind,  bringing your baggage with you and creating the destiny

that there will be divisiveness where you are concerned, and you've got something to prove. 

This is probably just an attempt to suck up to Mo pai folks elsewhere ,

and you aren't going to hear what I am saying to you. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

It's been awhile! :D

Lol, yep the TDBs was just starting to get a bit boring and moderator logs section a bit slow. Let the drama ensue! :lol:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Sitting back with a bag of popcorn. Going to enjoy the show...

8 hours ago, OldSaint said:

Lol, yep the TDBs was just starting to get a bit boring and moderator logs section a bit slow. Let the drama ensue! :lol:

Oh, I dunno....

Like the recent kpod, and the perennial-hissy fit git, this is a yawn, imo. Coffee lover joins 14 months ago, says nothing until his nic-numbered bud joins yesterday to pick off scabs. Suppose TDB could endure some blood-letting lol; soon enough my money will be on the less tolerant staff (as they should be), and the pit will be the venue for this reincarnation.

Pass the popcorn, please. Extra butter, too, if there is any. B)

Edited by WuDao
fix incorrect date
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Oh, I dunno....

Like the recent kpod, and the perennial-hissy fit git, this is a yawn, imo. Coffee lover joins 2 months ago, says nothing until his nic-numbered bud joins yesterday to pick off scabs. Suppose TDB could endure some blood-letting lol; soon enough my money will be on the less tolerant staff (as they should be), and the pit will be the venue for this reincarnation.

Maybe we could create a betting ring? No mods allowed and bet who gets banned first. :P

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Coffee lover joins 2 months ago

14 months ago, April 20, 2016

• Like 2

Just now, Kar3n said:

14 months ago, April 20, 2016

Ahh I missed the year. Thanks!

2016?? Thats a long time, unless you're part of a sleeper cell.

MoPaiSleeperCells <-- now there's a concept. <_<

• Like 2

Just now, OldSaint said:

Maybe we could create a betting ring? No mods allow and bet who gets banned first. :P

The point of my offering PPDs and warning everyone was to keep bans from happening. 

I still have a wait and see attitude and hope that is plays out differently than in the past. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

I hope the popcorn doesn't get cold waiting for the climax...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kar3n said:

I hope the popcorn doesn't get cold waiting for the climax...

Lol, nah no chance, us Daoists know how to stay relaxed under tension. :lol:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Oh, I dunno....

Like the recent kpod, and the perennial-hissy fit git, this is a yawn, imo. Coffee lover joins 2 months ago, says nothing until his nic-numbered bud joins yesterday to pick off scabs. Suppose TDB could endure some blood-letting lol; soon enough my money will be on the less tolerant staff (as they should be), and the pit will be the venue for this reincarnation.

No, coffee lover joined over a year ago and didn't do a second post (intro said he loves coffee and tea and likes tai chi) until today, in a Mo Pai thread...

Curious, eh?

X2471990 seems sincere, though.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Brian said:

No, coffee lover joined over a year ago and didn't do a second post (intro said he loves coffee and tea and likes tai chi) until today, in a Mo Pai thread...

Curious, eh?

X2471990 seems sincere, though.

Thanks! Kar3n cleared that year thing up right after I posted. You'll never be more than a walmart greeter if you dont read more posts than just mine. :rolleyes:B):wub:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Thanks! Kar3n cleared that year thing up right after I posted. You'll never be more than a walmart greeter if you dont read more posts than just mine. :rolleyes:B):wub:

Yeah, I saw her post right after I clicked "Submit Reply."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

I only aspire to greeterdom.

Aspire & perspire. Greeters, they be sweatin! Good luck! ^_^

• Like 1