Sign in to follow this  
everseeking

where to start

Hello all.

I am new to chinese martial arts, and I wish to train in marrow washing-as in chi weight lifting from the scrotum/testes. I want to do so safely, and as cheaply as possible, avoiding costly seminars if at all possible.

The trouble is, I ont know where to begin!

I have been taught the 'standing the tree' posture and several other satingding (nei gung) excercises, but I have never larned to open the microcosmic orbit.

While reading a book by Dr. Yang, Jwing Ming, i read that there is a specific progresion of practices needed if internal cultivation is to be achived on a moderate to high level.

I have been taught a standing form called the internal iron vest, consisting of about 24 or so postures with movement. This version of Iron Vest was meant to have an internal herbal formula which makes the training effective, but I was never given the herbal component. I could talk more about this through private message.

In summary, I am asking for help to start on the path to 'chi weight lifting' with the scrotum and/or testes, starting from a newbies perspective.

Meaning--

----What books and/or videos must I buy to safely and effectilvely get to the point where Im hanging weight?

I mean from beginning..Starting with microcosmic orbit or whatever is needed to precede the weights.

----Also, any info on who or where I could purchase (or get free!) the herbal formula (pills) that is meant to acompany the internal Iron Vest set.

--I ask this because I have heard differing opinions from Kung Fu Masters about what the herbs are intended to do. One opinion is that it is a cleanse, andnothing more, and the other said it makes the organs more dense over time and some other stuff. I need the right tools for the job!

Thank you all!

Welcome to taobums!

There's no way that I'm hanging weights off my little friend, but Xenolith, Trunk, and Plato have had experience both good and bad with the practice. You might PM them. Good luck!

Also, check out alchemicaltaoism.com... it's an important supplement to traditional taoist teachings that have hit American soil.

I am new ... and I wish to train in marrow washing-as in chi weight lifting from the scrotum/testes.
Those practices are not for people who are new to this sort of work. Early stages, imo, in general consist of a long course of more moderate methods and inquiry that are about opening your channels, harmonizing your energy, and stabilizing your attention.

Those practices are not for people who are new to this sort of work. Early stages, imo, in general consist of a long course of more moderate methods and inquiry that are about opening your channels, harmonizing your energy, and stabilizing your attention.

Thank you all for replying. What I would really appreciate is if someone knowledgable could point me in the right direction as far as where exactly to start. Im not sure what videos and books might contain the information and practices I should start with. I think Mantak Chia has the necessary videos and books, but Im not sure. Also, I cant afford to travel and learn in person, so I need to stick with formats I can purchase, such as books, VHS, DVD.

Is it possible to safely progress from beggining to the point of hanging weights without personal instruction?

I dont really know the terminology, and long before I ever start I would just like to know more about the benefits of this practice.

Thanks again to any and all who reply.

--Everseeking

Sign in to follow this