I was hoping I would find some Daoists here, and maybe there are, but I do not like the company you keep, so I am leaving.

You allow people here who act in a way that is not representative of the Dao. All these fake, "magic" people trying to boost their ego or their wallet with silly parlor tricks that take advantage of mentally weak people, ha!

The Dao is hidden, people are confused, I wait for your return.

Love you, mean it, goodbye,

K

• Like 2

Sad that we didn't live up to your expectations.  Chuang Tzu told you to hold no opinions of your own.  You missed that boat.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kpodhayski said:

I was hoping I would find some Daoists here, and maybe there are, but I do not like the company you keep, so I am leaving.

You allow people here who act in a way that is not representative of the Dao. All these fake, "magic" people trying to boost their ego or their wallet with silly parlor tricks that take advantage of mentally weak people, ha!

The Dao is hidden, people are confused, I wait for your return.

Love you, mean it, goodbye,

K

Love is a many splendid thing they say, but here is a person calling themselves a Daoist, who by his own words thinks that others are running scams and are frauds, who are apparently trying to boost their egos. But he does not realise that he has purported to furnish himself with a very large ego, without any real validation to others that he has any real understanding or comes from any great lineage that we can get a handle on.

We wait for his return, devoid of his own ego. We all disagree and agree with each other and that's what its all about; sharing and learning. Some of us like myself learn from Immortals, some have no teacher at all, but we all have something to give and to learn. That's what is important. So we wait for your return K, devoid of your pre conceived ideas.

• Like 7

Another one bites the dust. Seems like the Troll Slayers are getting to the level of "effortless action"   B)

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 9

Bummer, I liked the guy. Poetic in speech , novel in attitude. But, if this crowd is too ecclectic for him to find his comfort zone , I hope he finds one better suited. 

• Like 4

On 6/23/2017 at 9:00 PM, Stosh said:

Bummer, I liked the guy. Poetic in speech , novel in attitude. But, if this crowd is too ecclectic for him to find his comfort zone , I hope he finds one better suited. 

Stosh, too eclectic? You are too nice. :)

The other responses, they tell me all I need to know.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 8:25 AM, Marblehead said:

Sad that we didn't live up to your expectations.  Chuang Tzu told you to hold no opinions of your own.  You missed that boat.

"Those who would correct their nature by means of the vulgar learning, seeking to restore it to its original condition, and those who would regulate their desires, by the vulgar ways of thinking, seeking thereby to carry their intelligence to perfection, must be pronounced to be deluded and ignorant people."

-Chuang Tzu

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 5:51 PM, flowing hands said:

Love is a many splendid thing they say, but here is a person calling themselves a Daoist, who by his own words thinks that others are running scams and are frauds, who are apparently trying to boost their egos. But he does not realise that he has purported to furnish himself with a very large ego, without any real validation to others that he has any real understanding or comes from any great lineage that we can get a handle on.

We wait for his return, devoid of his own ego. We all disagree and agree with each other and that's what its all about; sharing and learning. Some of us like myself learn from Immortals, some have no teacher at all, but we all have something to give and to learn. That's what is important. So we wait for your return K, devoid of your pre conceived ideas.

Lineage? You are right, I have none.

Learning? That I have none of either.

Scams an frauds, yes, there are a few here. Starjumper thinks he can move people without touching them, and stages a trick video to use the immature and those fulled with desire to help him finish building his house. And Eric who thinks leverage, resonance, and weight displacement are things not taught to every senior in High School. I will continue to make fun of these silly people.

59 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

Starjumper thinks he can move people without touching them, 

I dunno dude about Starjumper, but moving people without touching them is a second semester of our training ( google daoistmagic stuff). I did it myself many times in classes. It is basically projecting and controlling qi. Our teacher built it slowly over the 6 month period: i.e. you start with a partner,partners always rotate, so you don't get used to energy of one person, then there are exercises when you put everybody in line and control about 6-7 people with your qi and the last one in line usually get's kicked the most. There are also exercises when people stand in front of you in semi-circle and all at once try to move you. It is actually a very funny and cool exercises and are not viewed as something extra super special, just energy stuff. pm me if you want direct link to classes. It is not used for martial arts ( at least not how it is taught to first year second semester), but it is very real and practical for qi training development.

meow

Edited by qicat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Billions of people move everyday without me touching them. 

The ultimate manifestation of power.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, kpodhayski said:

"Those who would correct their nature by means of the vulgar learning, seeking to restore it to its original condition, and those who would regulate their desires, by the vulgar ways of thinking, seeking thereby to carry their intelligence to perfection, must be pronounced to be deluded and ignorant people."

-Chuang Tzu

I was pleasantly surprised to see your post.  I think it is nice that you are still with us.

I wish you would get involved in our study of Mair's translation of The Chuang Tzu.  We just finished the Inner Chapters.

And remember, Chuang Tzu was rarely judgmental.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Billions of people move everyday without me touching them. 

Ha! Yes! That is what I shall do! Post videos of myself with my hands magically pushing hundreds of people along a sidewalk! I could have my own temple in no time!

9 hours ago, kpodhayski said:

Stosh, too eclectic? You are too nice. :)

The other responses, they tell me all I need to know.

Um,, no they didn't tell you what you need to know.

What you need to know, is that your values exist in your head alone , and on that basis,, you can accept others who do not have the same values,  uncompromisingly. Your niece or granddaughter is going to have her own too,  as she grows into a young lady.

She is going to want to have pretty hair , a bright smile,  friends and family, and be accepted. You are going to have to reject her , or tolerate her values as being her own. Just as she will have to make accommodation for her strange grandparent.  Right now , very young she can accept, because she hasn't been taught intolerance, and we find it charming. This is the uncarved wood , we are supposed to remember. Not only for everyone else's benefit but for our own , because there is no carbon copy of me , or you. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I was pleasantly surprised to see your post.  I think it is nice that you are still with us.

I wish you would get involved in our study of Mair's translation of The Chuang Tzu.  We just finished the Inner Chapters.

And remember, Chuang Tzu was rarely judgmental.

I poked my head in that sub forum a few times but I like sharing the Dao in living examples.

And I do not care if Chuang was judgmental or not. Who are you? Confuscious? What is with all the morality? But to paint it with more complexity, I am not judging, I am being discerning, and I am doing so with people talking about the Dao. You would call me two-faced if you saw me talking to people who do not pretend to understand the teachings.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, qicat said:

I dunno dude about Starjumper, but moving people without touching them is a second semester of our training ( google daoistmagic stuff). I did it myself many times in classes. It is basically projecting and controlling qi. Our teacher built it slowly over the 6 month period: i.e. you start with a partner,partners always rotate, so you don't get used to energy of one person, then there are exercises when you put everybody in line and control about 6-7 people with your qi and the last one in line usually get's kicked the most. There are also exercises when people stand in front of you in semi-circle and all at once try to move you. It is actually a very funny and cool exercises and are not viewed as something extra super special, just energy stuff. pm me if you want direct link to classes. It is not used for martial arts ( at least not how it is taught to first year second semester), but it is very real and practical for qi training development.

meow

it would alright but you bring out the "building up qi energy". What is that qi what is gathered and build?

could people make a reference to experience how it feels in a body and how you gather it.. So we could start have a same ground if it is spoken about qi.

So a random person goes to school and get in a second semester and knows how to handle qi? i mean why stop there, just continue to 4th semester and tehn you can open doors with using qi? i mean surely qi knows that you need pull the door hadle down and then push.

in short. How qi is smarter than a qi user? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Um,, no they didn't tell you what you need to know.

What you need to know, is that your values exist in your head alone , and on that basis,, you can accept others who do not have the same values,  uncompromisingly. Your niece or granddaughter is going to have her own too,  as she grows into a young lady.

She is going to want to have pretty hair , a bright smile,  friends and family, and be accepted. You are going to have to reject her , or tolerate her values as being her own. Just as she will have to make accommodation for her strange grandparent.  Right now , very young she can accept, because she hasn't been taught intolerance, and we find it charming. This is the uncarved wood , we are supposed to remember. Not only for everyone else's benefit but for our own , because there is no carbon copy of me , or you. 

Sigh...

I tolerate non-daoists, those people still deluded, and I wait for their return. To the little girl who wants to be accepted, I will try to teach her the Dao because she does not understand it yet. I will read her 'Horses's Hoofs' as a betime story. 

But here in a forum of Daoists, some who say they are such masters they can perform unbelievable feats...I will point out the diversion from the Dao, not only to save the little girl from falling victim to you, but to help you on the way to the Dao as well.

Did you come here to be accepted?

Am I rejecting anyone? Or an I rejecting what they write?

And you say there is no carbon copy of me, yet you want me to be non-judgemental just like you?! Your rightousness is as useful as a sixth toe!

Some Chaung Tzu:

"A ligament uniting the big toe with the other toes and an extra finger may be natural growths, but they are more than is good for use. Excrescences on the person and hanging tumours are growths from the body, but they are unnatural additions to it. There are many arts of benevolence and righteousness, and the exercise of them is distributed among the five viscera; but this is not the correct method according to the characteristics of the Tâo. Thus it is that the addition to the foot is but the attachment to it of so much useless flesh, and the addition to the hand is but the planting on it of a useless finger. (So it is that) the connecting (the virtues) with the five viscera renders, by excess or restraint, the action of benevolence and righteousness bad, and leads to many arts as in the employment of (great) powers of hearing or of vision."

6 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

I poked my head in that sub forum a few times but I like sharing the Dao in living examples.

So far I have not been successful at doing that.  It's already hard enough keeping a study going.  This is my third attempt at doing a Chuang Tzu study.

6 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

And I do not care if Chuang was judgmental or not. Who are you? Confuscious? What is with all the morality? But to paint it with more complexity, I am not judging, I am being discerning, and I am doing so with people talking about the Dao. You would call me two-faced if you saw me talking to people who do not pretend to understand the teachings.

Well, I will admit to trying to push some of your buttons in order to get you more involved in discussion.

I judge.  I suggest that everyone does in some manner or form.  The difference between hot and cold.

Who am I?  I always leave that question for others to define.  No, I wouldn't want to be defined as a Confucian.  But I do respect logic and reason.  I think Chuang Tzu did also.

I didn't realize that I was presenting myself as being moralistic.  That's almost an insult.  Hehehe.

Yes, you have your opinions and understandings just as I (and everyone else) do.

I think it would be interesting to talk with you one on one live.  There's not much difference between my internet life and my physical life.

• Like 2