Sign in to follow this  
roger

a good rule of thumb

Don't deliberately engage in negative speech or thinking.

Harsh or unloving words and thoughts reinforce suffering.

• Like 4

i just wanted to say that any conversation will end up in lowest point. So you can keep the silence go through the good points and reach the lowest point and then say it out loud. See what happens.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, allinone said:

i just wanted to say that any conversation will end up in lowest point. So you can keep the silence go through the good points and reach the lowest point and then say it out loud. See what happens.

I think I will disagree with you here and state blankly that Roger is correct.

It is true that what you said will often happen if we allow our ego to control our participation in a discussion but I think that this a minority of times.

We here at the DaoBums do a pretty darn good job keeping a discussion in the positive and productive side.

• Like 3

Fa Xin had an elegant and powerful reply to negative thinking.

21 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

IMG_0108.JPG

Superior because it's aimed at the situation not a person.  Keep Perspective.. Settle.. Breath.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

I think I will disagree with you here and state blankly that Roger is correct.

It is true that what you said will often happen if we allow our ego to control our participation in a discussion but I think that this a minority of times.

We here at the DaoBums do a pretty darn good job keeping a discussion in the positive and productive side.

fine. These are like precepts. But is he the one to say these things?

basically just a monday slogans or do we have a words from a meditator who holds precepts?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, allinone said:

fine. These are like precepts. But is he the one to say these things?

basically just a monday slogans or do we have a words from a meditator who holds precepts?

Well, Roger has a well established history of presenting concept thoughts for others to consider.  I rarely miss one even thou I don't always agree with his perspective.

I prefer Roger share such thoughts over someone just posting a quote and saying nothing to the quote.

And it is true, angry speech rarely accomplishes anything good.  And often it is destructive.

And I know you are capable of speech without negativity.  I have seen it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Well, Roger has a well established history of presenting concept thoughts for others to consider.  I rarely miss one even thou I don't always agree with his perspective.

I prefer Roger share such thoughts over someone just posting a quote and saying nothing to the quote.

And it is true, angry speech rarely accomplishes anything good.  And often it is destructive.

And I know you are capable of speech without negativity.  I have seen it.

whatever action you make, there is this wave of bad anxiety coming after. Not sure what life one needs to live in order to open to this feeling.

When i have negative speech then i have it in my blood. I haven't yet noticed where it comes in. Its a bit annoy me out if people  don't understand that this happens and then think that it is possible just by will change to positivity or relaxation. So specially get on my nerves "oh just be guys" but leave out how long i need to stay or what signs i need to see. Just be will make me even more claustrophobic. If you bleed blood, well don't suffer "just be" don't think any negative thoughts...not going to buy me with that advice.

edit: im still off the point i want to make. I don't say that destruction is a bad thing or anxiety is a bad thing. I noticed taht it seem currently is the bashing time for negative traits. I keep my faith to negativity and stay with it through positivity time.

I see anxiety it is a needed wholesom thing. Its just too strong at times. I can't live without it.

Edited by allinone

4 minutes ago, allinone said:

whatever action you make, there is this wave of bad anxiety coming after. Not sure what life one needs to live in order to open to this feeling.

When i have negative speech then i have it in my blood. I haven't yet noticed where it comes in. Its a bit annoy me out if people  don't understand that this happens and then think that it is possible just by will change to positivity or relaxation. So specially get on my nerves "oh just be guys" but leave out how long i need to stay or what signs i need to see. Just be will make me even more claustrophobic. If you bleed blood, well don't suffer "just be" don't think any negative thoughts...not going to buy me with that advice.

I don't deny the truth of anything you sad here.

I can't walk in your shoes so I have no specific suggestions.

I know that negative thoughts arise.  It is how we deal with them that is important.  For me, I found that dealing with them, releasing the negativity works well.

You are still young.  Plenty of time for you to find "your" way.  

Avoidance is a good start though, I think.  That is, avoid situations that cause negativity to arise.  This takes time though because a lot of it will be in your subconscious mind.

My Wishes for the Best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

I don't deny the truth of anything you sad here.

I can't walk in your shoes so I have no specific suggestions.

I know that negative thoughts arise.  It is how we deal with them that is important.  For me, I found that dealing with them, releasing the negativity works well.

You are still young.  Plenty of time for you to find "your" way.  

Avoidance is a good start though, I think.  That is, avoid situations that cause negativity to arise.  This takes time though because a lot of it will be in your subconscious mind.

My Wishes for the Best.

nah, you are super.

I say that negativity is wholesome. Anxiety "that awful " thing has to be faced in order to break through a point or pattern. There is more to it than just a mere disgust what needs to be got ridden or avoided. We can discipline ourselves to break natural patterns, it feels natural to say that negativity is a thing to avoid.

find a way how to walk a straight line? but how you going to do it if you can't face anxiety and negative situations.

2 minutes ago, allinone said:

find a way how to walk a straight line? but how you going to do it if you can't face anxiety and negative situations.

Did I imply walking a straight line?  If you got that impression then my wording was in error.

The path goes all over the freaking place.  Sometimes we have to jump, other times we have to duck.  And sometimes we have to push boulders out of our way.

Yes, we will continually be faced with anxieties and causes for negativity.  We need to become stronger than are the influences of anxiety and negativity.

No, I'm not a "Superman".  They still fuck with me now and then too.  But each time I have to fight one of them and win I become stronger.  You can do that too.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Did I imply walking a straight line?  If you got that impression then my wording was in error.

The path goes all over the freaking place.  Sometimes we have to jump, other times we have to duck.  And sometimes we have to push boulders out of our way.

Yes, we will continually be faced with anxieties and causes for negativity.  We need to become stronger than are the influences of anxiety and negativity.

No, I'm not a "Superman".  They still fuck with me now and then too.  But each time I have to fight one of them and win I become stronger.  You can do that too.  

Negativity is speech of nothing. If you have something then negative speech is to tell it is going to disappear. Negative speech is for to make the object dissolve, or a person lose its view, correct mistakes, point out fallacies.

Its okay to warm yourself on a sunlight, it feels good, specially when coming from a cold place. But ultimately that is a mistake, it shouldn't never happen, that cold place.

So you need suffering in order to live, it is your life elixir. You then can move. If it would be all good then the sun wouldn't happen, the universe would not exist...

Oh!, I gave up on suffering a long time ago.  I just didn't enjoy it.

I don't even enjoy pain very much.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Oh!, I gave up on suffering a long time ago.  I just didn't enjoy it.

I don't even enjoy pain very much.

that sounds weak.

2 hours ago, allinone said:

that sounds weak.

I think it sounds more like avoidance of negatives.

On 6/21/2017 at 4:55 PM, roger said:

Don't deliberately engage in negative speech or thinking.

Harsh or unloving words and thoughts reinforce suffering.

Words and thoughts tend to reinforce their own return as well in my experience. 

Once spoken, soon repeated it seems with me... so becoming aware and selective over what I allow myself to ponder mentally and support vocally is becoming crucial.

With me... a charged thought engenders an emotion and a phrase is then often spoken, which reinforces the emotion and engenders another similar thought which adds inertia to the emotion and then more phrases are spoken...  if I'm not able to catch the moment of the hook, it can be quite the ride before I settle again.

Mental fasting and a very selective diet of media/books/conversations/ is invaluable now.

As it relates to speaking or writing, this quote always resonated.

"remain silent, or say something better than silence."

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I think it sounds more like avoidance of negatives.

Person who says no then other person instead of you can have a go. No for best food on table, you let someone else take it.

Just use that same mechanic for other situations. If i attack you it means i take the "bad" piece of food.

So if i ask food from you, that is same mechanic, or if i steal from you.

I i kill something, i don't feel anything. If i cultivate substance(food) and spirit gravitate to me and i don't know why i kill(do, make an action) something, then after that there is intense anxiety suffering wave.

Notice how this theory goes more complicated and assumes invisible circumstances not just surface level evil and good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, allinone said:

Person who says no then other person instead of you can have a go. No for best food on table, you let someone else take it.

Just use that same mechanic for other situations. If i attack you it means i take the "bad" piece of food.

So if i ask food from you, that is same mechanic, or if i steal from you.

I i kill something, i don't feel anything. If i cultivate substance(food) and spirit gravitate to me and i don't know why i kill(do, make an action) something, then after that there is intense anxiety suffering wave.

Notice how this theory goes more complicated and assumes invisible circumstances not just surface level evil and good.

Yes, all those are reactions to actions.  Even when we take no action there are reactions (ramifications) to our not taking action.

So what's a person to do?  

Ha!  Damned if I know!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this