kpodhayski

Tai Chi is a Bastardization of Daoism

8 minutes ago, WuDao said:

True, that. And some do. ^_^

Loving this exchange, btw. Nice to have a little fire breathed into this heavy yin place. Go kpod! B)

Thanks for explaining what come naturally to me!

There is a misconception that Daoists only express themselves with, or appear as, Yin. Since our culture in the US is so yang it was my, and many other's first reaction, to go full yin and see forums like this where appearance can trump deeper meaning.

I will admit, I was looking for a certain response to my first post, because I am looking for someone else who gets it. I did not see it, so I will not be long here.

2 minutes ago, Daeluin said:

Including yourself?

You know that I will not respond to that question.

The the other day in class, we were doing some two person work.

Someone was having trouble with two-person work, and asked how to respond to a partner who is hard and stiff in their movements. The person believed that if he did not also become hard and stiff, the other would push him around.

Sifu replied that no, we still meed hardness and stiffness with softness and emptiness.

The questioner asked if the emptiness would be pushed around.

Sifu chuckled lightly and said no, no. The emptiness would not be pushed around.

This reminded me of the fuss I make when someone talks about the word "weak" in the TTC.  I always argue for the word "flexible".

I don't talk about emptiness often because of the Buddhist usage of the concept.

12 hours ago, Daeluin said:

Yes, for some types of forests. And this is a great example of healthy use of fire.

I had hoped it would be clear that the type of fire I am speaking about it, is the fire of man waging war on nature.

Do you have something against healing cancer?

Yes to be clear that clear cutting actually causes too much undergrowth left behind as dead small branches - whereas a natural forest has big trees without much dead undergrowth - so if a fire goes through a natural forest then the big trees still stay alive as there is not enough small dead undergrowth to create a big fire.

So it is a kind of catch 22 when forests that have been clear cut then have big fires with the argument they should have been logged again to prevent the fires, etc. - compared to natural forest fires. https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/04/19/the-myth-that-logging-prevents-forest-fires/

Edited by voidisyinyang

2 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

I will admit, I was looking for a certain response to my first post, because I am looking for someone else who gets it. I did not see it, so I will not be long here.

The reason you didn't hear the answer you wanted is because you didn't ask the question you should have asked.  In fact, you didn't ask, you stated.  That invited disagreement.

• Like 1

Or if they have not seen fire in many years, due to human intervention - then the fires that do happen get out of control and even humans have difficulty addressing them.

Though I was not talking about the literal fire, but the fire of out of control ambition.

There are many different scenarios. It is about balance. And we should not deny that fire has its place in balance. Thus the irony of this thread, and the confusion at its root.

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

The reason you didn't hear the answer you wanted is because you didn't ask the question you should have asked.  In fact, you didn't ask, you stated.  That invited disagreement.

The person I was looking for would have seen through it.

• Like 1

Though I was not talking about the literal fire, but the fire of out of control ambition.

I have known people who could never be accused of that.  In fact, they could never be accused of having any ambition at all.

There are many different scenarios. It is about balance. And we should not deny that fire has its place in balance. Thus the irony of this thread, and the confusion at its root.

I see no confusion.  Just many concepts being discussed at the same time.

1 minute ago, kpodhayski said:

Thanks for explaining what come naturally to me!

There is a misconception that Daoists only express themselves with, or appear as, Yin. Since our culture in the US is so yang it was my, and many other's first reaction, to go full yin and see forums like this where appearance can trump deeper meaning.

Stay or go as you wish, heh. Those of us who this comes to naturally are few and far between; most wandered off long ago, a few are still here... watching. Waiting? Not really. What is there to wait for? Flys in their own trap dont interest me; nice to watch one buzz around, though, deftly avoiding the web. ^_^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

She did. B)

You are getting it!

If that type of person was inclined to read threads like this.

Is it in the nature of that type of person to reveal their self to you?

If not, why do any looking at all?

47 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

My reactions are all automatic. Reflexive. My cantakerousness is not a facade, it is deep in my bones. I am a bear and the Dao is my bear cub, protecting it is now my instinct. How does a natural man act? Who knows.

Maybe it would be easier to learn how to not do by not doing. Manifesting the void...ha!

That made me laugh :)

Dao is your bear cub? Dao doesn't need protection. Dao doesn't need anything. Dao is Dao...

What you should do is just Be. As long as you have ideas of ownership over the Dao, you are just an ordinary man pretending to be a sage ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Flys in their own trap dont interest me; nice to watch one buzz around, though, deftly avoiding the web. ^_^

But if one keeps messing with the bull they will eventually get the horn.  They all do.

3 minutes ago, Daeluin said:

If that type of person was inclined to read threads like this.

Is it in the nature of that type of person to reveal their self to you?

If not, why do any looking at all?

That person will know when and how to reveal themselves. One just did.

Even in the Bamboo grove it gets lonely. It is our nature.

• Like 1

It's also because you have been drinking too much rice wine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dwai said:

That made me laugh :)

Dao is your bear cub? Dao doesn't need protection. Dao doesn't need anything. Dao is Dao...

What you should do is just Be. As long as you have ideas of ownership over the Dao, you are just an ordinary man pretending to be a sage ;)

Metaphors are hard for some people, I understand. The Dao does not need my protection, yet i protect it instinctively.

7 minutes ago, WuDao said:

Stay or go as you wish, heh. Those of us who this comes to naturally are few and far between; most wandered off long ago, a few are still here... watching. Waiting? Not really. What is there to wait for? Flys in their own trap dont interest me; nice to watch one buzz around, though, deftly avoiding the web. ^_^

Some of us return to the web on purpose, as we believe it is worth of returning to dao as well.

Perhaps the point is to return what is missing, and to heal the loneliness.

Someone once told me I've done the Bodhisattva thing before... I too am just waiting for someone else to get it, but most are too wrapped up in attachment to their own sense of freedom, despite the loneliness.

6 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

No, they revealed themselves a bit ago, and you didn't notice.

Just now, Daeluin said:

Some of us return to the web on purpose, as we believe it is worth of returning to dao as well.

Cant 'return' to something not possible to be separate from in the first place.

• Like 1

Just now, WuDao said:

Cant 'return' to something not possible to be separate from in the first place.

Then why distinguish between being trapped by it and not?

• Like 1