morning dew

What's the most 'physical' experience of chi you've had?

2 hours ago, morning dew said:

Do you think Sid was strong enough to stop somebody charging at him?

I haven't gotten to that particular part yet, but my report on Sid is in the last page of this thread:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

I haven't gotten to that particular part yet, but my report on Sid is in the last page of this thread:

Thanks, great stuff. Looks an interesting thread in general. :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, morning dew said:

Thanks, great stuff. Looks an interesting thread in general. :) 

I'm glad you like it.  I noticed there's only one post on the last page in that thread so this is a heads up that there is another post about Sid at the bottom of the previous page.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, morning dew said:

I was wondering what went wrong in the original video I posted for some of those 'teachers'. I assumed they were all just shysters, but perhaps the odd one just underestimated the extent of their abilities? 

What's wrong with those teachers ... almost brings me to a name calling fit, one of my favorite pastimes.

With that kind of thing it is actually the student that matters more than the teacher.  There are several parts to it.  The first part is that some people will be sensitive and yielding and some will be unsensitive and unyielding.  Another thing is that a lot of the students are cooperating, in other words they aren't really trying to resist the control, they think it's fun to feel it and respond.  Another is that in some arts you learn to yield to energy in the same way you would yield to a punch, which is a good thing, and so practicing that helps train you to yield to incoming energy.  Another thing is suggestibility, disgusting as that may be, they see other students doing it and think it's cool so they want to do it too.  Lastly, well it never ends right, as an example I was a student of an Aikido master who could move people.  I saw him demonstrating a move which involved twisting at the waist and one of his senior students who was behind him, back to back, was twisting in synchronicity with the teacher and he didn't see or know what the teacher was doing, so that was real.  BUT later after I dropped out one of his students came to learn chi kung from me, he was just a kid in his early teens.  He had been one of the Aikido teacher's favorite subjects to demonstrate on and he told me that if he didn't go along with the intended energy technique that the teacher would hurt him ... so he went along with it.

Lastly this energy technique pushing is not that effective in probably about all cases.  If a raging insensitive lummox comes charging at you then you better not try to stop him with energy because it probably will not work.  It is more for slower gentler things.  Of course there's no doubt there were a few masters in the past, back when people used to practice as if their lives depended on it, one out of a billion, who was so advanced and so powerful that it would work on anyone.  Jesus could do it  :)

Anyway I hope this explains why Jedi mainly use these techniques on each other and not on bozos.  Notice that when Sid did those things that the students were either unaware or standing there waiting to feel something.

There are more effective ways of using energy to stop a charging lummox, just run the energy in their heart backwards and they fall down and don't get up.  There are several other ways but ya'll don't really need to know what those are.

Edited by Starjumper
spelling
  • Like 2

Vitality gives birth to my body and has proven to create new life twice. Chi animates my body when my chi is calm and tranquil chi does not deplete my spirit. When my spirit is not being depleted life is good

The "spooky" arts are only building on fundamental principles. I will share two training techniques of listening skill one is blindfolded have your partner pass their hand  between yours while you are holding the ball and catch it. 

Second is  stand facing a wall and have your partner throw tennis balls at you from behind and do not get hit.

Simple right, no magic we all have the ability if it is trained. That's why physical chi ability is so fake few train it.

If you happen to be wondering I do not have a skin problem those are just welts from tennis balls so I have no Skill. the welts are proof of chi energy enough for me.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Vitality gives birth to my body and has proven to create new life twice. Chi animates my body when my chi is calm and tranquil chi does not deplete my spirit. When my spirit is not being depleted life is good

The "spooky" arts are only building on fundamental principles. I will share two training techniques of listening skill one is blindfolded have your partner pass their hand  between yours while you are holding the ball and catch it. 

Second is  stand facing a wall and have your partner throw tennis balls at you from behind and do not get hit.

Simple right, no magic we all have the ability if it is trained. That's why physical chi ability is so fake few train it.

If you happen to be wondering I do not have a skin problem those are just welts from tennis balls so I have no Skill. the welts are proof of chi energy enough for me.

"Are there solid objects in here or are there sparse objects in here?" asked his instructor, Brian Bushway.

http://www.latimes.com/local/great-reads/la-me-c1-blind-clicking-20150713-story.html

A human type of echolocation helps the blind

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Starjumper said:

What's wrong with those teachers ... almost brings me to a name calling fit, one of my favorite pastimes.

With that kind of thing it is actually the student that matters more than the teacher.  There are several parts to it.  The first part is that some people will be sensitive and yielding and some will be unsensitive and unyielding.  Another thing is that a lot of the students are cooperating, in other words they aren't really trying to resist the control, they think it's fun to feel it and respond.  Another is that in some arts you learn to yield to energy in the same way you would yield to a punch, which is a good thing, and so practicing that helps train you to yield to incoming energy.  Another thing is suggestibility, disgusting as that may be, they see other students doing it and think it's cool so they want to do it too.  Lastly, well it never ends right, as an example I was a student of an Aikido master who could move people.  I saw him demonstrating a move which involved twisting at the waist and one of his senior students who was behind him, back to back, was twisting in synchronicity with the teacher and he didn't see or know what the teacher was doing, so that was real.  BUT later after I dropped out one of his students came to learn chi kung from me, he was just a kid in his early teens.  He had been one of the Aikido teacher's favorite subjects to demonstrate on and he told me that if he didn't go along with the intended energy technique that the teacher would hurt him ... so he went along with it.

Lastly this energy technique pushing is not that effective in probably about all cases.  If a raging insensitive lummox comes charging at you then you better not try to stop him with energy because it probably will not work.  It is more for slower gentler things.  Of course there's no doubt there were a few masters in the past, back when people used to practice as if their lives depended on it, one out of a billion, who was so advanced and so powerful that it would work on anyone.  Jesus could do it  :)

Anyway I hope this explains why Jedi mainly use these techniques on each other and not on bozos.  Notice that when Sid did those things that the students were either unaware or standing there waiting to feel something.

There are more effective ways of using energy to stop a charging lummox, just run the energy in their heart backwards and they fall down and don't get up.  There are several other ways but ya'll don't really need to know what those are.

Thanks, this is very interesting and clear. I would say with my experience with the guy that flicked something at me with his hand that it only momentarily stunned me (probably because I wasn't expecting it). I didn't move very much (maybe a little flinch); I just ended up giving him a dirty look and he backed off a step or two. :D  If I had been charging at him full pelt I doubt it would have done very much to me.

As with more effective ways, I don't know much about combat sorcery and chi strikes, etc. I've only been in one physical fight since I left school and that was over 25 years ago, so it's not something I've really needed to look into that much. I have read in sorcery books about things like projecting symbols to people's third eyes to disorientate them, and I would imagine you could just do the reverse of (distance) healing to people, etc. Probably something I will look at later on if I ever go travelling and feel the need to protect myself.

Edited by morning dew
  • Like 2

I dont know what chi is, is supposed to be ,or would feel ike if I did feel it. It might be the sensation of simply being alive, or be as indistinguishable as a drop of water in an immense sea.

Do good with it and Ill say its good, smash fruit with it, and Ill call it silly, be cruel with it , and I will think it a shame. 

Hello,

Regarding the original post, I would have to say that experiencing the qi emitted by Master Wu, student of the late great Master Jiang Feng was the most real qi experience I've had.

It was like a massive wave of vibrating electricity.  As real as the floor under your feet or the cars speeding by on the highway. 

If anyone else out there has had similar experiences with other people I would love to hear about it.. 

Feel free to PM me or respond in this thread.

It would be cool to start to develop a list of the many people who seem to have some kind of (relatively) objectively verifiable energy development goin' on.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mla7 said:

Hello,

Regarding the original post, I would have to say that experiencing the qi emitted by Master Wu, student of the late great Master Jiang Feng was the most real qi experience I've had.

It was like a massive wave of vibrating electricity.  As real as the floor under your feet or the cars speeding by on the highway. 

If anyone else out there has had similar experiences with other people I would love to hear about it.. 

Feel free to PM me or respond in this thread.

It would be cool to start to develop a list of the many people who seem to have some kind of (relatively) objectively verifiable energy development goin' on.  

Yeah, it's a fascinating topic. There is some more stuff in this thread that is quite interesting (on the second page):

Edited by morning dew