morning dew

What's the most 'physical' experience of chi you've had?

I just shared this video to a friend and we were having a laugh about it. It got me curious, however, about any legitimate experiences people have had. I've experienced 'healing'/heat with hands (both receiving and giving), and I've experienced things such as 'lines' in my legs or even a kind of 'kundalini' experience when simply meditating on LDT.

Has anyone ever directly experienced anything more 'physical'/objective, especially in line with some of the things supposedly going on in the video?

• Like 1

Yeah, reality and Hollywood are very different.

And Reality TV isn't reality

But I do sometimes have Chi (energy) to go outside and do some work.

• Like 1

I have trained with Dr Painter and can attest his (these) skills are legit, and he prides himself on deconstructing the "woowoo" part and identifying the scientific principles behind the method.  In this case, "intention"  would include relaxation, and subtle movements to control the "ridgepole" of the opponent.

I wouldn't consider it "chee power" though and he must be touching you to make it work.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

I have trained with Dr Painter and can attest his (these) skills are legit, and he prides himself on deconstructing the "woowoo" part and identifying the scientific principles behind the method.  In this case, "intention"  would include relaxation, and subtle movements to control the "ridgepole" of the opponent.

I wouldn't consider it "chee power" though and he must be touching you to make it work.

Thanks, very interesting. :) I'll have to dig around some more on him.

As a side note, I tend to find somebody like him more convincing as he's not putting on a big show of being a 'master', and he's goofing around.

Edited by morning dew
  • Like 1

I accidentally pulled an old lady's spirit out of the top center of her skull - without touching her and she could not see what I was doing. I felt this heavy electromagnetic blob get pulled out of her skull and as soon as I felt it she immediately burst into bawling. She bawled nonstop for at least 15 minutes. Someone else later had their arm around her shoulders to comfort her as I saw her still bawling as she walked down the hall.

I had forgotten that the teacher said never to pull energy blockages from out of the top center of the skull oops.

The first experience I had - effie p. chow blew the fuse in the room behind her at St. Mary's University - in 1995 - Minnesota - a security guard wandered in wondering what was going on. haha.

I've also had the center of my skull "on fire" from the shen-qi - and then my heart opens up and I burst out bawling also - that was from http://guidingqi.com - the assistant of the first teacher http://springforestqigong.com

So I won't waste my time watching your woo-woo qi debunking video. I know this stuff is real and the teachers I studied from were tested in a randomized controlled peer-reviewed "external qi" study by the Mayo Clinic doctors - Dr. Ann Vincent said their healing of chronic pain, otherwise untreatable by Western medicine after 5 years, was "especially impressive."

Those are some qi experiences I've had.

• Like 1

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for sharing. :)

The video was just for laughs – it's not a serious debunking. But it did get me thinking about the limits of what you can do with chi on a kind of 'physical' level with it.

• Like 1

ku-yu-cheong-both.jpg

As the story goes, a Russian circus strongman had a wild Siberian horse (probably a “prezywlaski” breed) that was trained to fight, and the man was challenging all comers to accept the match between anyone who could “tame”, or beat the horse.

There was a reward, of course, but that was not Master Ku’s motivation, however. The reason he accepted the challenge was because other masters and their students were being beat up by the horse quite badly, acquiring some serious injuries. Ku wanted to end the shame of his colleagues, so he accepted the challenge himself.

When Ku got into the ring with the horse, he got kicked several times, but he received no injuries at all, due to his internal iron body skill (gold bell, i.e. iron shirt).

Ku then managed to slap the horse with one palm slap. The horse gave out a loud whinny and dropped dead with blood coming out of the eyes, ears, nose, and mouth and died instantly. An autopsy was performed and they found out that the horse had died of internal massive bleeding, due to ruptured blood vessels and organs, yet there was no sign or external mark of any injury on the outside of the horse’s body.

I used to practice what was called burning palm a long time ago.   Similar to iron  palm.

With regard to the difference between the Iron Palm and the Burning Hand, I recall asking Mr. Long this question as well, and he grunted something like "basically the same." But that explanation should be unpacked, because it depends upon what you think the iron palm is. The pictures of Ku, if taken at face value, indicate a significant mastery of internal strength

The pictures of Ku, if taken at face value, indicate a significant mastery of internal strength (qi). The fact that Ku is a skinny, small guy, standing to one side of the bricks bears this out. But the term "Iron Palm" is also used by some external stylists. Here, you wouldn't see a "slap," as depicted in Ku's picture.

You would see the person pushing down hard, directly over the stack of bricks. So when Mr. Long said the burning palm was like the iron palm, he was referring to the use of predominantly internal force. However, he did use this force not so much to break things (like bones), so much as to cause a burning sensation.

And this worked out quite well with the White Crane moves, many of which were open-handed.

Mike Staples.

(qi) http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26046&sid=d054149abf386609dab1ed3e5adbaed0

With regards to what is called "Kong Jin",  most seem enjoy the fails often shown. Touched or not the process is the same, how its used is really not depicted in the clips of fails.  It would seem that some of the ones forgetting this are often the ones shown in the clips of fails.

Kong Jin, was one of my teachers specialties  https://journeytoemptiness.com/2015/03/22/volley-jin/

I show this not as an advocate, or as proof only as information about things I've found on my own path. Others as always may find different.

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Yes, intent, concentration of energy and also causing the opponent to lose balance prior to the actual action.

I'm not sure about the last one except for maybe he found a weak point and caused it to bleed over to the others.

I still call it concentration of (Chi) energy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, windwalker said:

ku-yu-cheong-both.jpg

I used to practice what was called burning palm a long time ago.   Similar to iron  palm.

With regards to what is called "Kong Jin",  most seem enjoy the fails often shown. Touched or not the process is the same, how its used is really not depicted in the clips of fails.  It would seem that some of the ones forgetting this are often the ones shown in the clips of fails.

Kong Jin, was one of my teachers specialties  https://journeytoemptiness.com/2015/03/22/volley-jin/

I show this not as an advocate, or as proof only as information about things I've found on my own path. Others as always may find different.

Thanks, absolutely fascinating.☺

Yeah, that's cool. I wasn't expecting anyone to prove anything, just to share genuine experiences.

yes the original qigong master I was told also broke a big marble slab using his qi but considered it too violent so he focuses on healing.

You could feel two things coming through the phone book. The first was a push (the external component) that would set you back a foot or two. That was to be expected, but it wasn’t anything to worry about. It was the second thing that was nasty... a sharp, stinging sensation that penetrated your shoulder.

This second force seemed to follow the more external, first force. It seemed to lag behind. But the external force was then gone in an instant, while the stinging second force stayed -- and grew.

That story reminded me when I was in a Level 3 class. The previous class we had practiced long distance healing. The teacher asked for people to suggest others who needed healing. A lady - the week after - she was sitting in front of me and she reported how her friend had "miraculous" recovered in the hospital right when the "original qigong master" had sent energy to heal her the previous week. This lady in front of me was noticeable freaking out - her mind could not handle that this was possible. She was about to snap - like in the Matrix after he takes the blue pill. haha. So since I am sitting behind her I notice this more than the others and I see the teacher nonchalantly raise his palms over his head like he is bored and stretching as he listens to her increasingly freak out. Then he lowers his hands down and very barely noticeable angles his hand to his palm is facing the lady. Suddenly as I sit behind her I feel this ball of qi energy wash over her and go around her and go into me as well. The rest of the class did not even notice what had happened. She immediately calmed down and the class continued as if nothing had happened.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

the center of my skull "on fire" from the shen-qi 

yeah... and center of the skull and every nerve...

"I almost died last week, I don't want to do this!"

"But you did not die?..."

what can you say on that...

/********/

I am not sure why one needs "evidence" of qi. Just rub your palms and see what you get. Just walk around another person and sense what you get. Just go to any Mall and feel all the crapy energy. Go to the forest and feel all the "nice" energy...Your belief system puts on an armor which is difficult to work with ( as if a qigong healer is trying to heal). 

p.p.s If you want a real qi kick, go to any energy vortexes near you and do some qigong... Don't forget to get a grounding wire, lolz. 

• Like 1

Accidently fajinning someone from my foot :) he stepped on it while practing push hands. (I think it can be explained by physics alone)

Sending someone to the ground by just just tapping on the arm he punched with (he was shocked...said he was taken out of life for 3 seconds)

During practice my body often feels very light kind of uplifted...or the feeling that the movements are completely effortless like completely driven by spirit.

A few todays ago while walking through the forest a stick poked into my stomach and it just broke (i didnt notice it)Also if practice is good and i pat myself after it, its like as if the force just goes through.

On the energetic level ( i do massage and sometimes a spontaneous energetic healing) the people i treated all experienced something from it (tingling from head to to toe , feelings of fresh air , seeing colors when my hands were in front the third eye, to even be drawn away physically  (the person said it was like be drawn by a string).

Ah and when i do massage i let my fingers vibrate effortlessly and blocades go sometimes away in seconds.One person noticed that my hands generate lots of heat and i can switch it on and of in a second and the person being treated noticed it.

I also experienced long distance healing with a friend i made here taobums.we both felt exatly when the other one started and stopped. That was pretty amazing.

Edited by NATURE BEEING
  • Like 3

Thanks everyone. I'm still really enjoying reading everybody's experiences. :)

18 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

https://issuu.com/exopolitics/docs/china_s_super_psychics_by_paul_dong

Paul Dong's book - read the chapter on Yan Xin being challenged by Japan's top qigong master.

Lots of "physical" qi encounters in that book.

I just started reading chapter 6. It's quite fascinating.

8 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Smelling it. When I used to practice Fragrant Qigong, we had a group of 15-20 people. Within moments of starting the form, we smelled roses. Other times, we have smelled cotton candy or fresh dried laundry. We have even felt a cool breeze indoors

Very interesting. I've never heard of this before, but it already mentions smell a few times in chapter 6 of Paul Dong's book.

Edited by morning dew

17 hours ago, morning dew said:

Thanks everyone. I'm still really enjoying reading everybody's experiences. :)

I just started reading chapter 6. It's quite fascinating.

Very interesting. I've never heard of this before, but it already mentions smell a few times in chapter 6 of Paul Dong's book.

Yes i posted a comment about this smell recently - on http://radiomisterioso.com  

http://radiomisterioso.com/2017/06/13/lon-strickler-mufon-scandal-the-chicago-mothman-and-smelly-ghosts/#comments

I haven’t even listened yet but I just want to confirm that smell is easily quantum nonlocal – so the qigong master who befriended me can smell what someone is cooking – over the phone – and when I did the intensive training fasting for 8 days on just half a glass of water, I could smell cancer like rotting flesh – through the walls. So the other Chinese qigong master said how qigong masters can smell cancer – like a dog can smell cancer – but I could not imagine how anyone could stay in the same room with this one man, a big conference room full of people. The man said he had traveled far for special healing. As the qigong master healed him then his rotting dead flesh smell went away but that night – then I happened to be in the room next to him. I knew this because I could hear him getting down with a lady friend and what shocked me was his rotting flesh smell came back. I was shocked – how could she be in the same room with him, much less getting down? But in fact she was bringing his smell back – or the two of them lowering their frequency of energy. I felt bad that he had used the spiritual energy that had healed him and quickly deconverted it to lower frequency without realizing his rotting flesh death smell came back.

In contrast the qigong master when doing healing will create a strong flower smell – that often others can smell. I will listen to the podcast now. thanks.

• Like 1

A couple of things concerning physical aspects of chi.  Once my teacher was standing about ten feet away to demonstrate a certain technique.  He held his hand in front, backhanded, and moved it suddenly about one inch towards me and it felt like a pressure wave from an explosion hit my whole body.  Another time we went to a psychic fair to use a certain very rare but high quality aura photo machine (much better than the common ones you usually see)  I had one pic taken and then for the second one he shined his hands on my back for a couple of seconds to give me more energy to see if it would show on the next pic, and it did big time; but when he did it I got very hot right away and all the psychics in the room looked up suddenly and left little brown lines in their chairs.

Another time we went to a rock and gem show and my young nephew was there, this nephew had been fed garbage most of his life and so was kind of weak.  When my teacher met him he stopped us and turned our palms towards his palms for only a few seconds because we were blocking the aisle and had to move.  The kid must have gotten so hot because he instantly whipped off his coat like it was an emergency.  Later that night and the next day I noticed myself feeling kind of weak and tired - almost like a normal person :)   So I found he had taken some energy from me and given it to my nephew.  I examined the ethics of this and won't tell you the results of the examination ... yet ... if ever.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

A couple of things concerning physical aspects of chi.  Once my teacher was standing about ten feet away to demonstrate a certain technique.  He held his hand in front, backhanded, and moved it suddenly about one inch towards me and it felt like a pressure wave from an explosion hit my whole body.  

Yeah, I've had somebody do exactly the same thing to me as well, except maybe he was a little nearer (about a metre) and he had his palm facing towards me as he was going to hand me a card. He gave his hand a tiny flick towards me (probably about an inch as well) and a split second later I felt a full body impact; it stunned me for a second. This was many years ago in a Pagan/witchcraft/herbalist shop and I suspect he wanted me out of his shop because he was busy packing.

Edited by morning dew
  • Like 1

I remembered another one after I left and was reminiscing about my teacher Sid.

Due to some clues I picked up from Sid and another teacher, and putting it together with a practice I learned from my chi kung teacher, I realized how to move people, Jedi style, but without using hands, just mind, which was something Sid could do.

So later, while in class with Sid we were talking about airplanes.  He was a pilot and liked to fly, and I was designing and had just started working on a homebuilt airplane.  We were standing in the common manner, a couple of feet apart and facing each other at about 45 degrees.  So while we were talking I tried the technique to push his head ---> that way, away from me.  The next thing I knew my head moved about two feet <--- that way.  Followed by the rest of my body, of course.

So what happened there is that he felt what I was trying to do to him so he blocked it and instead did it to me.  The neat thing is that in class when he would move people he didn't move them very much but he moved me a lot.  This is because when a master finds out you've been learning something then they will show you a higher level.

• Like 3

Do you think Sid was strong enough to stop somebody charging at him? I was wondering what went wrong in the original video I posted for some of those 'teachers'. I assumed they were all just shysters, but perhaps the odd one just underestimated the extent of their abilities? 

6 minutes ago, morning dew said:

Do you think Sid was strong enough to stop somebody charging at him? I was wondering what went wrong in the original video I posted for some of those 'teachers'. I assumed they were all just shysters, but perhaps the odd one just underestimated the extent of their abilities? 

A good way to approach it, is by stating what one thinks or understands, of what was supposed to work or how.

And then examine the why and what happened or didn't happen. 

One should also look at the theory by which "they" feel they are working with and on..

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 1

On 2017-6-19 at 11:49 PM, windwalker said:

Ah, I was actually going to ask you to expand on this, if you felt like it. I'm afraid I don't really know much about the theory of KJ or the people in my video and exactly what they were trying to do apart from using chi to stun people or knock them aside, etc. I just assumed they were trying to (or pretending to) shoot out chi (or psi balls, etc.) or 'electrifying' people. I'm not really sure beyond that. 

Edited by morning dew

7 minutes ago, morning dew said:

Ah, I was actually going to ask you to expand on this, if you felt like it. I'm afraid I don't really know much about the theory of KJ or the people in the video and exactly what they were trying to do apart from using chi to stun people or knock them aside, etc. I just assumed they were shooting out chi (or psi balls, etc.) or 'electrifying' people. I'm not really sure beyond that. 

we can all see that what ever he did, it did not work.

would it help to know why and how it did not work?  

this why its important to understand what "one" thinks is going on...before examining what is shown.  How many here think they can enter a ring, wave a cape around and not get gored by the bull. 

Edited by windwalker

30 minutes ago, windwalker said:

would it help to know why and how it did not work?  

Well, I think it would make an interesting discussion, but it's not a problem to leave it there. :)  

1 hour ago, morning dew said:

Sid had a different method for dealing with people who were charging at him, he wouldn't use the push energy in a situation like that.  I'll describe the method soon in my posts about Sid in my thread.

I wouldn't use energy against someone who was charging at me since the outcome is not certain, it is so easy and uses so much less energy to wait till they get to you and then kill them with a physical technique.  It also keeps you from wasting energy.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Sid had a different method for dealing with people who were charging at him, he wouldn't use the push energy in a situation like that.  I'll describe the method soon in my posts about Sid in my thread.

I'd be fascinated to read that. Do you have it in a personal practice thread or is it somewhere else?