Edward M

The Love Song of the Universe

Dont want to give the wrong impression-so i deleted this post-and the one above-i just posted out of interest-i hold no firm beliefs on that subject, other than Christ is from the Source/God/Light, and I believe what he says. 

Peace

Edited by Edward M

While I am not a big fan of the Gospel of Judas,  I would be happy to discuss it with you.  But it should be remembered that this document was supposedly written fairly late compared to many other gospels (somewhere between 130-180 AD).  Additionally, it the early church there was an ongoing debate related to the nature of Jesus's divinity.  This document would be described as part the gnostic (non-divinity) group of texts.

But some of the aspects are interesting and fit well relative to some of the Muslim stories of Jesus.

• Like 2

Hi Jeff, Thanks.  All I have to say right now, is that it may be a similar case as with the gospel of Thomas, that the coptic version was late in the day, but then found to have been copied from an earlier aramaic version.  According to a scholar on all this, the gospel of Thomas actually pre-dates the official gospels.  Have no idea if that is the case with this one, but its a possibility that its earlier than currently thought. 

Don't really want to talk to much about this particular gospel on a public forum, never know who is reading, don't want to give the wrong impression.  

Cheers!

• Like 1

As far as when gospels were written - I recommend - and their secret meanings - read the book "Christ in Egypt" by D.M. Murdock or Acharya S.

She was a classicist archaeologist who devoted her life to researching the origins of Christianity.

This essay - when it mentioned the "blood lines of Zeus" that was a total b.s. line.

The whole "blood lines" b.s. along with Robert Temple - next thing you know Sitchin wlll be included. Hampton Roads most likely has some CIA connections since the CIA pushes this "blood lines" New Age spin on Christianity - really they are just pushing Freemasonry.

I did write a book called "How to make love to the Universe" but whatever - it is a free full preview - linked through my blog.

I wrote the book in one sitting at the Engineering library at the U of MN - because I wanted the book to be in conversational prose. So no references, etc. and not too long - just a long conversational piece.

The book "Christ in Egypt" is a major tome - tons of references and detailed research.

So if you truly are interested in the subject then read that book. The author died young.

OH I see Weiser bought out Hampton Roads - wow the New Age book publishers really consolidated. I remember when Weiser bought Red Wheel - and now they have Hampton Roads - and two other publishers I have not even heard of.

I should submit something to them - but again they are more New Age Freemasonry type stuff.

Weiser did publish the Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality book back in the day - and I wrote Weiser back in 1996 about my initial Fundamental Force monograph. They sent me a nice detailed rejection letter about how what I wrote was not very marketable - too academic or whatever. Yep. my monograph got me into graduate school. haha.

Oh they have Disinformation Books as well.

They say "books to live by" yes but what about transcending death? haha.

What if human civilization is destroying all life on Earth? then how do you live?

Yeah maybe I will submit Weiser a full manuscript - since I have finished my research now and I have time to kill in the summer - less meditation, more yang.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Edward M said:

This might be relevant: http://strangenotions.com/horus-manure/

Exactly you do a quick look up of the book and find a quick article dismissing the book and insisting it's not worth reading.

That is why she died early I think - she was constantly being attacked online by the establishment.

Certainly the book relies on Massey a lot but also goes into detail about why Massey's research was not all wrong - even though he was an independent scholar he had close ties to the establishment "experts" on Egypt. And more so - Murdock cites tons of up to date current academic research on egyptology - and so she shows how Massey has been corroborated to the extent that he has - by the current latest research.

So that article completely misrepresents her research which is very detailed. There were a few supports of D.M. Murdock from academia - a professional archaeologist professor promoted her book and also another religion professor. At first he had dismissed her as well for being independent - and her first book "The Christ Conspiracy" was sloppy in some ways and other ways made a lot of leaps. But her last big tome, "Christ in Egypt" is much more tightly argued in terms of evidence and references.

I even went to the U of MN archives - I dug out this old book that was a kind of expose by a Bishop - on the work of Iraeneus I think it was. Yeah I then sent it to her and she was glad to see that reference. Because you have this Bishop - Bishop lightfoot I think it was - and he makes all these detailed admissions. Yes Iraeneus chose which were the real "gospels" and of course Iraeneus basically "wrote" the gospels as he chose them, etc. This is defended by the Bishop as necessary, etc.

So I could not check out the book - it was from the catacomb underground archives - but I posted excerpts. I'll find it.

I recommend you read Bishop Lightfoot's "Essays on Supernatural Religion." I had to go to the U of MN access center to read this "scholarly" work that was the definitive academic dismissal of the 19th C. "suns of god" thesis you claim has been discredited. Bishop Lightfoot's book was recently reissued though so you can order it if you don't frequent a good University.

To my amazement Bishop Lightfoot admits that indeed the "Ancient Texts" were of spurious origin and of great contention, with the canon gospels not composed till after 150 A.D. Not only that but Bishop Lightfoot is very clear that the Roman Church had a political agenda to attack the gnostics.

I have a masters degree so I know how to check my sources! haha You're just relying on vapid, empty "authority" for your own psychological reasons. Good luck!

So it was Eusebius not Iraeneus.

Yep I'm back at the U of MN "cavern" for old book storage, reading Bishop Lightfoot's attack on W.R. Cassel's "Supernatural Religion." Lightfoot readily admits that Eusebius was parsing through the writings "of the Ancients" to decide what was authentic or not. Just based on that simple fact alone the spurious nature of the Gospels is evident. Yet Lightfoot argues:

"Of the Gospels the historian will only record anecdotes concerning them. On the other hand, in the case of the Apocalypse mere references and quotations will be mentioned, because they afford important data for arriving at a decision concerning its Canonical authority." (p. 39)

That seems a back-handed strategy at best and at worse a strange way to treat supposedly sacred works. According to Lightfoot the sources for the 4 Gospels are, as per Eusebius:

"As regards these, he [Eusebius]contents himself with preserving any anecdotes which he may have found illustrating the circumstances under which they were written, e.g. the notices of St. Matthew and St. Mark in Papias, and of the Four Gospels in Irenaeus." (p. 46)

Considering how much Lightfoot questions the authenticity of Ignatius and others, besides the fact the Eusebius openly was questioning his sources as being not authentic, the origin of the Gospels disappears into a cloud of smoke. There is much speculation about Papias and Irenaeus and Polycarp but that the Roman Church was fighting off the ascetic Gnostics is quite clear.

So then these dismissals of her research - try to turn it into an infinite assemblage of ad hoc connections.

Nope there is a deeper method that she reveals - astrotheology.

For example in “Mithra, Light of the World” a chapter of her latest book “Suns of God” Acharya S. connects the ancient city-states to the later Freemasonic Roman empire: “As noted, because Mithraic art of the Persians and Indians does not depict Mithra with the Bull, it is claimed that Indo-Persian Mithraism is not the same as that of Rome. In reality, the bull was sacred to the sun god and was an early solar symbol because of its connection to agriculture, in drawing the plough, which is why the time of planting is called ‘Taurus’ and is represented by the bull. In actuality, the solar-bull motif is found in very ancient cultures, including the Sumerian, upon whose seals is depicted the flaming ‘Bull of Heaven,’ representing the sun’s ‘fierce aspect.’” For an academic argument of the same ancient Solar Dynasty global imperialism see professor Rodney Needham’s book “Right and Left: Essays on dual symbolic classification,” edited by and with introduction by anthropology professor Rodney Needham, forward by E.E. Evans-Pritchard (University of Chicago Press, 1973).

• Like 1

So actually Christ in Egypt has a lot on googlebooks - I was just searching Irenaeus - and it's quite fascinating.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Iaqe9CG_s6cC&pg=PA224&lpg=PA224&dq=Irenaeus+"d.m.+murdock"+acharya+s.&source=bl&ots=HXq5umP1uG&sig=tAGJjDAz8DfDheVAr8D4DhVN9wo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiw44eF7crUAhVO7WMKHWVECbIQ6AEIQzAF#v=onepage&q=Irenaeus "d.m. murdock" acharya s.&f=false

She did amazing research in that book.

I became "initiated" through studying the Logos of the book of John from a female bible teacher in high school - she was fixated on the Book of John and I realized she was giving a mystic teaching. Then I discovered the Pythagorean meaning of the Logos - and connected it to Taoism.

My blog is http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com

Check out my "natural resonance revolution" link for the free full preview books through lulu.

I don't keep many books in hard print but I still have my copy of "Christ in Egypt" - when I ordered it I didn't realize she was dying. So I was reading her book as she was sick.

yeah Wiki of course does not do her justice - Wiki is very "rational-skeptic-materialist" CIA Freemason biased.

https://books.google.com/books?id=IROnfpqd3aoC&pg=PA64&lpg=PA64&dq=Irenaeus+"d.m.+murdock"+acharya+s.&source=bl&ots=Mpt6iaEeU9&sig=v5xIDCp_b1QVDRRtALDVOilHWJ8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiw44eF7crUAhVO7WMKHWVECbIQ6AEIRzAG#v=onepage&q=Irenaeus "d.m. murdock" acharya s.&f=false

Her Fingerprints of Jesus expose - I have not read.

So in that book she comparies Ireneaus to Eusebius - and how they disagreed about who wrote the gospels, etc.

yep - definitely worth reading that more in detail.

• Like 1

Thanks drew, I'll just say that truth will manifest itself in all cultures at all times to anyone aligned with it.  

Peace 

• Like 2

Sorry Brian, I edited it all out, nerves got the better of me as far as not wanting to be on people's radar for the wrong reasons.  

Do you want the links? i'll message them to you? 

Peace

• Like 1

watch out the fungi took over this thread! haha.

I too am shocked and amazed - maybe it's the Solstice energy.

I innoculated the logs in 2011 - and I remember distinctly as my sister had just moved back from out East. She was in the 2nd floor window like Rapunzel - and she kept insisting that I was going to "plant mushrooms." I said NO, I am planting the mycelium, the shrooms are the fruit. Her repeated answer, "I know but, you're going to plant mushrooms right?" haha. I realized - oh no - this is going to be interesting living with my sister.

Yep - so since I am basically like an Amish - I don't have some fancy high powered battery drill for plugs. Instead I cut into the tree using a bow saw or some kind of hand saw - to create "wedges" out of the tree. Then I sprinkled the saw-dust mycelium purchased from a great WI company - what is the name - something like Forest and Fields? http://www.fieldforest.net/

Yeah - then I got some candles and I then sprinkled wax along the seams of the wedges. Then I watered the wedges using buckets of water I hauled into the forest. But I did not continue watering so it was a bit of a gamble.

So then - I waited. And waited. A couple years later I started getting shrooms. So I get at first some very big shrooms - and kept getting harvests of not too many very big shrooms. So just a few pounds - usually 2 pounds of shrooms per harvest. I did that about 6 times.

And so I really thought that was the end of it. But then I noticed - I had also done logs - we had an oak tree cut into logs. But the logs were too old and so the wood was too dead and dried out. And never did the shrooms fruit.

Until this year - just a couple days ago - as I was going to set up another tent in the forest - LO!! I noticed sure enough there were some shiitakes finally poking out of one of the logs. This was stunning. But the condition of the shroom was inedible. In fact the condition was such that I could not even guarantee it was shiitake. You don't want to risk anything with shrooms. But I was 99% sure finally I got some shiitake out of those logs.

So I thought - well maybe the trees that had produced for me - maybe then they are still producing. So I went to go check.

And man did they produce! Holy smokes. 16.5 pounds!!!

So I had a big Shiitake feast last night and this morning I had to check the zinc levels in Shiitake since I noticed my jing energy was very strong.

Sure enough Shiitake are considered one of the top vegetarian sources of zinc.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

Selling for $50 a pound at a local organic co-op! Yep. I got 16 pounds. Better go check to make sure the squirrels are feasting on my shrooms soaking up Vita D on the lawn.

• Like 2