kpodhayski

Dao of Culture

23 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

The Yin they have forced these people to live in makes it necessary for them to exhibit Yang.

I didn't see you in there.  (I never rode my Harley like that.)

Your quote above:  Excellent concept for a worthy discussion.

26 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I didn't see you in there.  (I never rode my Harley like that.)

Your quote above:  Excellent concept for a worthy discussion.

My Genuine Blur 220i could not keep up with those kids.

Please, discuss!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

Please, discuss!

Well, I will give it a kick start and hope that it inspires others to join in.

The Yin they have forced these people to live in makes it necessary for them to exhibit Yang.

I wanted to repeat this so that it is understood that it is this concept that I am speaking to.

We have many discussion of the concepts of "balance" and "harmony" here.  I prefer speaking to "harmony".

First, forced anything is not so good as natural flow.  Forced Yin is just as unbalancing as is forced Yang.

When Yin is forced upon us we are required to repress our Yang.  This causes internal conflict, of course.  Eventually we either explode or find ways to release our pent-up Yang.  Many take a destructive path.

In the video I see only release.  Not destructive (unless one of them crashes and burns) but yet not really constructive either.

It would be so much better if that Yang energy could be released in a more constructive manner but society pretty much prevents them from doing that.

So we end up with conditions such that what was in the video is the only way for those guys (and gals) to attain harmony within.  And harmony within can and most times does lead to external harmony as well.

Better bike riding than street fighting.

• Like 4

I agree with everything you have said, but rather than have the find "more constructive ways" to yang it up, I say we should focus on not burdening them with so much yin. In TCM, you always reduce the excess first. The excess they have is too much yin. They live in a culture that represses them while at the same time promoting the virtues of "success".

My hope is that understanding this reaction is a way to have compassion for all people.

• Like 2

I also want to add that when I watched them ride, I saw a grace and freedom that could only be the Dao. But it was not the great Dao, it was their Dao.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

I agree with everything you have said, but rather than have the find "more constructive ways" to yang it up, I say we should focus on not burdening them with so much yin. In TCM, you always reduce the excess first. The excess they have is too much yin. They live in a culture that represses them while at the same time promoting the virtues of "success".

My hope is that understanding this reaction is a way to have compassion for all people.

Point taken.  And I agree with you.  Too bad that too few of us see this as a possible course of action.  Most societal actions are reactive, not proactive.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

I also want to add that when I watched them ride, I saw a grace and freedom that could only be the Dao. But it was not the great Dao, it was their Dao.

Agree again.  But even at a personal level it was still beautiful.

• Like 1

The form of creative rebellion in that you tube video is all fine until someone crashes and burns, and it is just a matter of time until that happens, hopefully the injuries aren't too serious and don't involve a non participant.

Road rash sucks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cold said:

The form of creative rebellion in that you tube video is all fine until someone crashes and burns, and it is just a matter of time until that happens, hopefully the injuries aren't too serious and don't involve a non participant.

Road rash sucks!

You missed the point and have a lot to learn.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kpodhayski said:

You missed the point and have a lot to learn.

Seems you missed that cold's point was a different point, and you have yet to learn who around here has a lot to learn. No need to push your way in, kpodhayski; there is plenty of room for all ideas. (-:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WuDao said:

Seems you missed that cold's point was a different point, and you have yet to learn who around here has a lot to learn. No need to push your way in, kpodhayski; there is plenty of room for all ideas. (-:

A needle with two points is useless!