I've progressed in my spiritual development and meditative practices and discovered myself to possess Astral Blindness that is a rather persistent problem over the years. Does anyone have any recommendations or practices to begin working on this?

1 hour ago, Michael Sternbach said:

What exactly do you mean by that?

Astral Blindness is when you can astral project and use astral senses within and without of the physical body except for the sense of sight. Your Astral Body is "blind".

4 hours ago, Awakener said:

Astral Blindness is when you can astral project and use astral senses within and without of the physical body except for the sense of sight. Your Astral Body is "blind".

I dunno. I heard a lot of people can "sense" things, but are not "seers". I was told being a "seer" is rather not that common. Perhaps that's your case? I would not dwell on it. 

The form that psychic perception takes is a bit individual. Some are natural "seers", others are better at "hearing" things, or "feeling" them, or they just "know" things etc.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Some are natural "seers", others are better at "hearing" things, or "feeling" them, or they just "know" things etc.

1 hour ago, qicat said:

I dunno. I heard a lot of people can "sense" things, but are not "seers". I was told being a "seer" is rather not that common. Perhaps that's your case? I would not dwell on it. 

Yes, I'm aware that my natural tendency leans toward Feeling rather than Seeing, but it is my personal belief that there is nothing any single person can do that another can't. If it is possible within One Human, it is possible within All Humans.

I had to develop and cultivate my ability to Feel and I've discovered that I'm able to astral project, but my ability to See and Hear during the journey is left behind or underdeveloped. My Wife is a natural born seer, she can astral project but never learned, she just could... So she can't teach me. But one time I tried to astral project and she said I was able to project my astral self out of my body but my consciousness stayed in my body rather than following my astral self... Hence calling it astral blindness.

3 hours ago, Awakener said:

ect, but my ability to See and Hear during the journey is left behind or underdeveloped. 

Sifu says that if something is not being revealed yet, it is not time yet. No need you push. Your spirit teachers will reveal things when it's time.

p.s. Aren't you the one with a new baby ( on the way?) Again, perhaps at this point of space and time "advanced spiritual development" is not something you should focus on, but more like "build a house, plant a tree, support you woman" kind of thing all while doing it mindfully? 

5 hours ago, Awakener said:

Yes, I'm aware that my natural tendency leans toward Feeling rather than Seeing, but it is my personal belief that there is nothing any single person can do that another can't. If it is possible within One Human, it is possible within All Humans.

I had to develop and cultivate my ability to Feel and I've discovered that I'm able to astral project, but my ability to See and Hear during the journey is left behind or underdeveloped.

Then how do you know you are doing it ?    A floaty feeling and some smells  ?  

Seriously , I am confused about this .     But maybe you have 'your own definition'  of what 'astral projection'  means  ?

My Wife is a natural born seer, she can astral project but never learned, she just could... So she can't teach me. But one time I tried to astral project and she said I was able to project my astral self out of my body but my consciousness stayed in my body rather than following my astral self... Hence calling it astral blindness.

Actually,  hence calling it ;     not being able to do it .      The whole concept of 'astral projection' is that your consciousness DOES  leave your body. 

I guess you are taking your wife's word on this .... and looking at your avvie picture ....  that is certainly not something I am going to dispute with you about   ( maybe in 7 years  time I could   ;)  ) 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

perhaps it depends on the type of astral experience? were these OOBE's imitated from a fully conscious waking state? I only ask because I've had various types of experiences like this, and some where I felt caught in an "in-between" kind of state with limited faculties. And experiences initiated via a fully conscious exit I had all faculties available to me

Edited by Rakiel
grammar
  • Like 2

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Nungali said:

Seriously, I am confused about this . But maybe you have 'your own definition'  of what 'astral projection'  means?

"My Own Definition" is a definition that is held by most people. Astral Projection is an Out-Of-Body-Experience that you can start and end at will, fully control, and get verified from other people on whether what you are experiencing is real or just your imagination. So in reference to the comment of how I know my Wife isn't lying is because I've independently verified the legitimacy of her abilities and watched them grow not knowing how to learning complete control.

As to what I mean by how I know I astral travel even though I can't see anything which seems like the only way to verify if you are... I astral projected to where my Wife had astral projected and she said that my astral body arrived and was really happy that I did it, but I could see, I didn't realized I astral traveled because I was still in my body consciously. Until she decided to mess with me and Reiki my arm astrally and I felt it and where she was channeling without being able to see. She wouldn't have been able to if I wasn't there where she was astrally because she wasn't doing it to my actual arm.

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Rakiel said:

perhaps it depends on the type of astral experience? were these OOBE's imitated from a fully conscious waking state? I only ask because I've had various types of experiences like this, and some where I felt caught in an "in-between" kind of state with limited faculties. And experiences initiated via a fully conscious exit I had all faculties available to me

Exactly, in the astral body, the senses are actually separate bodies and need to be unified and expanded in order to do properly.

On 6/23/2017 at 11:08 AM, Awakener said:

"My Own Definition" is a definition that is held by most people. Astral Projection is an Out-Of-Body-Experience that you can start and end at will, fully control, and get verified from other people on whether what you are experiencing is real or just your imagination. So in reference to the comment of how I know my Wife isn't lying is because I've independently verified the legitimacy of her abilities and watched them grow not knowing how to learning complete control.

Whoa there boy .   Since you couldn't see what you were doing , and you said your wife told you you were doing it ... I guessed you were 'taking her word for  it'  . .....   otherwise how would you know you were doing it ?  That was an assumption I made and I was asking of I was correct.    I didnt ask how you knew your wife 'was not lying' .     :huh:

( I should have waited 7 years to even ask that !  )

Anyhow ...   I , personally dont call that 'astral projection' as  ( now  that you have explained further ) , it seems like   a 'projection of form'  ... without consciousness (or 'your ' consciousness ).  In my case, others have witnessed ' me '  in 'astral form'  at a 'place' interacting with them.  However I was not aware of it .   At the time .   .....    or did forget ? 

Was it 'me'  or an ' autonomous association'  ...  a 'helper' or 'servitor' , using my form ?  Or perhaps a 'higher' and 'more real' past of me ,  or the 'real superconscious me'  ,  that my 'everyday consciousness'  is  not or not normally aware  of ? 

It gets complicated ..... this 'consciousness'   thing . 

Then there is 'dreamfish' ....  eat them and you want to go straight to sleep and bam ... you are 'out there'  .....  'dreaming'  but more real than one can imagine , not like astral projection , but like real, 'its actually happening ' , here and now consciousness ....  but its ' dreaming ' . 

Magically, in the tradition I was in. There is a test one must accomplish to verify the ability.  It has nothing to do with any of the above, what I  said, or you said. It is , simply,   to travel to a location where some examiners  are, you have to see and remember and later describe the place, objects people and activities and then  report it to them .  But that was 'hard core' .

Of course, anyone can define it as they wish ... and practice as they wish . 

• Like 1

Well if you did actually leave your body. And you where in a world very similar to this one , it could be as simple as the lights where out and you simply couldn't see. Seriously if you leave your body and you in that buffer state it could be as simple as that. I have had this experience where I left my body and all I could see was black void. As far a fixing it I believe you will need to cultivate more Qi so you can have more of a driving force in the other world. Also give it time with practice you will develop more ability to see. A lot of times during this experience you will have a strange sense where you can see all around you like 360 degree view. Be careful what your dialing into with these engegy systems you don't want to leave your body and have something come back with you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, X2471990 said:

As far a fixing it I believe you will need to cultivate more Qi so you can have more of a driving force in the other world.

Be careful what your dialing into with these energy systems you don't want to leave your body and have something come back with you. 

I kinda figured that might be the case. Thank you for helping to affirm that thought.

I thank you for your well wishes. I'm fairly confident in my ability to establish a sacred space and protective fields so I'm not worried about taking things back. xD