Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Awakening

It is far more important than enlightenment in my honest opinion.

The fist time you realise that there is something beyond the YOU, society's rules, your daily chores, work, family and all that jazz. When you are awakened to that, to the Tao. It's like a huge relief. How many life cycles you have been wandering repeating time and time again the same routine watching also your 'peers' doing exactly the same thing over and over. Like small pieces of a giant machine. 

It's like a never ending movie, isn't it?

And then you see your fellow peers totally unaware of that because they think/they have been taught that this is all there is.

The tragedy of life. But they need to awaken by themselves as we all did before.

I value this initial awakening more than enlightenment because one knows what the bigger picture is and what it looks like. 

And definitively:

Enlightenment must come little by little - otherwise it would overwhelm.

Have you noticed how many people who walk in the shade curse the Sun?

( Idries Shah)

Bless you dear brothers and sisters for your Awakening! Let's all rejoice, it's a very special moment because to get where we are right now many, many lifetimes have passed. 

All the very best in your journey.

Much love,

:)

• Like 4

I like it when I am able to agree with Gerard, at least in part.

I prefer the word/concept "aware" but "awaken" is still much better than "enlightenment".

• Like 1

awakening?

what is the factor or sign what means you are awakened?

reading what you said, i understand you mean is when you are in a house, then go outside. If you are thinking thoughts then stop thinking and come aware of the surroundings? and backwards, if you are aware of surroundings, then start for god sake think for once please?

get what i mean?

or you mean there is something separated from what is already going on, what needs to be discovered?

Edited by allinone

Sign in to follow this