Hi DB,

I've just been listening to a Bulletproof Radio podcast with a guy called Dr Barry Morguelan. He claims to have trained in China and become one of only 12 master level practitioners in a 5000 year old energy root practise from the mountains. He does not give the name of this lineage or his master. I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any experience or knowledge about this guy. His website is www.energyforsuccess.org 

Thx 

J

Live Event Monthly Membership

003-EIC-MM.jpg

Course Details:

This is a very special opportunity to deepen your experience and knowledge of the Energy and the Energy Immersion Courses!

$300.00 / month

seems legit

go for it

He mentions multiple, arduous journeys to the most remote place you can possibly imagine at the top of a mountain in China... And then shows a photo of a modern toilet to illustrate one of the "demeaning, dehumanizing, disgusting, disheartening" tasks he was forced to endure.

Hmmm... my BS meter is peaking.

Grandmasters of traditions that are thousands of years old generally honor the precious system and the lineage of masters that have come before them rather than focus the attention on themselves. I'm always wary of people who claim to be masters and treat their teachers and tradition as a big secret. If it's a secret, he shouldn't be selling the practices. If he can sell the practices, he can share the name and lineage...

Just my $.02.

Please let us know what your experience is like.

• Like 7

Description

In everyone’s life there is a tremendous benefit to making the best decisions for you and your family. This can determine how much time you have for your pleasure or your productivity. It’s crucial for you to make great decisions moment by moment. Using the Energy techniques in these courses, frees you from the encumbrances of anything that is blocking you in the present. This course series will provide you with specific tools and exercises to quickly and easily assess your real options that will create win-win solutions for you and those around you. As you connect to the Energy and have moment by moment success with your decisions, you will generate a momentum that will excite you to win every day.

https://energyforsuccess.org/product/decision-making/

Sounds a bargain for only $4200 …

33 minutes ago, steve said:

He mentions multiple, arduous journeys to the most remote place you can possibly imagine at the top of a mountain in China... And then shows a photo of a modern toilet to illustrate one of the "demeaning, dehumanizing, disgusting, disheartening" tasks he was forced to endure.

Hmmm... my BS meter is peaking.

I think he lifted it from Game of Thrones...  Samwell Tarly's training at the Citadel...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Taomeow said:

I think he lifted it from Game of Thrones...  Samwell Tarly's training at the Citadel...

I haven't seen the Game of Thrones but it gave me a chuckle anyway!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I'd love to go through Samwell's training, if it weren't for all those white walkers  :)  . 

addon> reading through his Asprey interview I don't much mention of lineage and teachers.  High level people I've met are all about there teachers, in awe of them and there lineage.  Proud and humbled by it.  I don't see that there.  Bit of a red flag. 

back to OP, a guy toots his own horn that much and it could be coming out of his butt.  I'd be a bit skeptical.

The real secret to the masters.. the real one (imso).. long dedicated disciplined, heart felt practice.

long- measured in decades

dedicated- live the technique in all you do

disciplined- daily

heart felt- sincere, passionate, beyond the mind

do- a female deer.

**imso = in my silly opinion

• Like 2

Yeah, I dunno.  It`s possible, I suppose, that the system is everything he says it is.  But the obstacle these days to spiritual success is not lack of amazing teachings; it`s lack of amazing discipline on the part of students to follow the teachings.

Right off the top of my head, here`s three places to get what I`m betting would turn out to be mind-boggling spiritual assistance.

(1) Our very own Spotless has offered much wisdom about awakening.  Deligently followed, I think it would work.

(2) Awaken has offered to teach people freely who are willing to keep spiritual journals.  (Or at least this is my understanding.)

(3) Steve recently provided information about free "Pith Instructions" on Dzogchen by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

You`re welcome.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

I'd love to go through Samwell's training, if it weren't for all those white walkers  :)  . 

**imso = in my silly opinion

Obviously you haven't seen the first episode of the new season yet.

I nearly gave up on the whole thing when his training by the Maesters was being depicted.   Braced myself, but had to put my Haagen Dazs back in the freezer.  

Back on track:

for a gastroenterologist, to be this full of shit is simply unprofessional. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Obviously you haven't seen the first episode of the new season yet.

Very astute.  Don't know why but after looking forward to it, I haven't watched a single episode of the new season.  Its like I'm waiting for the right time. 

slightly tangential, I was afraid after the movie Dr. Strange, the board would be inundated with those seeking to head to secret monasteries in the Himalayas to train in mystic masters, ie we'd be hit by Strange fever.  It didn't happen.  Yet this guys story is.. close to what I was worried about.

But as Liminal points out, keep open to possibilities, big world and ya never know. Maybe keep one hand on wallet, but mind open..

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, thelerner said:

But as Liminal points out, keep open to possibilities, big world and ya never know. Maybe keep one hand on wallet, but mind open..

I do keep my mind open, and on occasion my wallet too, but not so wide as to let all the contents of both fall out.  

• Like 2

It's an interesting coincidence that I recently had a link to this group appear in my Facebook feed - in fact it was the day after I noticed this thread. I asked if they would be so kind as to share the name of their lineage and Dr. Barry's teacher but received no reply...

10 minutes ago, steve said:

... I asked if they would be so kind as to share the name of their lineage and Dr. Barry's teacher but received no reply...

Well.. name a real lineage and the organization can write back 'never heard of him'.

• Like 1