Sign in to follow this  
Wun Yuen Gong

Tibetan energy Yoga and dream yoga

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone has done this Lama's Tibetan Yoga and dream practice?

Also maybe Max or Lama Surya Das may know each other or run into each other during there studies in Tibet?

This guy seems to have been around for a while teaching Vajrayana and his Tibetan Yoga, is he the real deal seems to be very knowledgable!?

WYG

http://www.surya.org/

http://www.dzogchen.org/index.htm

http://www.dzogchen.org/library/bios/dzogchen-lineage.htm

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone has done this Lama's Tibetan Yoga and dream practice?

Dream practice, i would like to read more about this.

Wondering if this Lama's Tibetan Yoga, comes from Tibetan Buddhists practice and/or Khajagan Sufis practices?

I have his Energy yoga which is all seated very simple but havent tried it!

Has alot of elements of what i teach and practise so was kind of good to see it from a different perspective.

WYG

I've tried Lama Surya Das' dream yoga, but prefer Chogyal Namkai Norbu's approach. But then again I like a lot of what Norbu Rinpoche has given us. I've also worked with the Bon verion from Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche which is very nice. A little more complex, but it does give results.

Lama Surya Das' engery yoga practice tapes are a great intro to the foundation energy practices that go along with Vajrayana and Dzogchen.

From my practice it seems that pretty much any of the approaches work well depending on your goals. They'll all give you some amount of lucidity based on your practice, but according to Norbu Rinpoche the dreams you get are only as good as the rest of your practice.

Hi Jaloo,

Could you give us little information on how the Surya Das and Norbu practices are alike and how they differ.

Thanks

Michael

Dream yoga is a very powerful practice that has recently in the last 20-30 years been brought to light by a man named Stephen Lebarge. His book entitled, Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming is a classic.

The main difference between le barge and traditional dream yoga is their cosmology. Le Barge does not use ld for spiritual realization, but more as a novelty. I think is can be used for psychological treatment and spiritual attainment. Just like meditation can be used for stress release and relaxation, it has a higher purpose which can be used for enlightenment.

There is a great video that I have been contemplating on buying. It's about astral projection and lucid dreaming:

http://www.saltcube.com/welcome.jsp

I've heard people say great things about the video. If you are interested, check it out, 20 bucks is a steal.

Looks like a nice product and web page. Thanks for letting me know about it.

I'm an old fan of LaBerge. I think scientists, academics and journalists are more likely to crack open the world of psychic phenomena then well psychics. Its great that Lucid dreaming has moved so much closer to the main stream.

I wait for the day when its considered an everyday event and OBE's are common. I like the thought that OBE's are one of the lost birthrites of our ancestors, a trick that helped a weak mammal survive against a tough food chain.

Michael

Dream yoga is a very powerful practice that has recently in the last 20-30 years been brought to light by a man named Stephen Lebarge. His book entitled, Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming is a classic.

The main difference between le barge and traditional dream yoga is their cosmology. Le Barge does not use ld for spiritual realization, but more as a novelty. I think is can be used for psychological treatment and spiritual attainment. Just like meditation can be used for stress release and relaxation, it has a higher purpose which can be used for enlightenment.

There is a great video that I have been contemplating on buying. It's about astral projection and lucid dreaming:

http://www.saltcube.com/welcome.jsp

I've heard people say great things about the video. If you are interested, check it out, 20 bucks is a steal.

the owner of this website was kind enough to give me this video for free. ..it contains a lot of information with regards to lucid dreaming, OBE, and phasing. ..I'll check if I still have the links.

the owner of this website was kind enough to give me this video for free. ..it contains a lot of information with regards to lucid dreaming, OBE, and phasing. ..I'll check if I still have the links.

Looking forward to it!!!

I love this website i'm learning more and more about things i wanna learn about... the specific names... and so forth! I LOVE IT I TELL YEAH!

Hi Jaloo,

Could you give us little information on how the Surya Das and Norbu practices are alike and how they differ.

Thanks

Michael

Its been a while since I listened to the LSD's tapes, but a majority of the tape is teachings from the tibetan view on dream yoga. Phenomenon is a dream like experience, one of many bardos type teachings. The practices are basic, but focus on experiencing a heart/mind posture of vast expanse. Good solid background.

Norbu rinpoche focuses more on the use of the Ah symbol in various energy centers. He also goes into the different classes of dreams leading to dreams of clarity and clear light. His book Dream Yoga and the Practice of the Natural Light is excellent. He also has some great stories of his dream practices results which I enjoyed.

Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche also has a great book and cd out on Dream Yoga from the Bon dzogchen tradition. The practices are very much like NR's but also discuss the postures of the practice. I've used them while on vacation since sleep tends to happen in stages and found them to be effective.

A good friend who has done retreat time with Surya Das has told me that he teaches much the same thing as Norbu Rinpoche during retreat which makes sense since the dzogchen lineages share a lot of practices.

Dzogchen usually places one of the 3 root syllables in energy centers, while the tantric practices will use yidams or awareness beings. Falling asleep running the mantra of a yidam while holding its image in the heart center has some interesting effects on your dreams.

Is Lama Surya's Energy Yoga a real system or is it something he created?

I watched it a few times and kinda think its pretty neat and i can see how it allows one to let go and release negative energy in the body and open up new fresh energy.

Does anyone have any other history on his Tibetan Energy Yoga as i would like to learn more about it?

regards

WYG

Is Lama Surya's Energy Yoga a real system or is it something he created?

I watched it a few times and kinda think its pretty neat and i can see how it allows one to let go and release negative energy in the body and open up new fresh energy.

Does anyone have any other history on his Tibetan Energy Yoga as i would like to learn more about it?

regards

WYG

As I understand it, the system is a traditional Tibetan one; entirely authentic, passed down in a lineage from master to student. If you feel drawn to it, perhaps you should consider studying Tibetan Buddhism, particularly Dzogchen from an authentic sangha? You can't go wrong with Dzogchen, in my view.

In kind regards,

Adam.

Thanks Adam,

I was ordained as a Taoist under the Ching Chung sect in 1992 but have been researching Vajrayana Tibetan buddhism for a while now too. The reseaon is all my internal arts connect to Taoism, Buddism so im going back to the root or source to look into what the founders was trying to teach or what they understood. The Tibetan Energy Yoga has elements to my arts and Thunder paths or arts.

So this is my intrest!

Be well...

WYG

Sign in to follow this