Sign in to follow this  
shaq420

Extreme heat sensation like fire or lava

Hello I've recently got into meditation. Here is my method. Normal breathing, focus only on dan tien. Sit cross legged (not half lotus or anything extreme like that). Just last week, I felt this intense burning sensation all over my body. It was like heat getting put into my body. It wasn't like a minor heat, it felt like lava or fire on me. It was uncomfortable but I was still able to continue on with it for a minute during my meditation. Then I lost it the sensation. It was never like anything I felt before.

Also, I felt as if I was floating inside my body. This also lasted one minute then went away when the intense heat went away.

Anyone else encounter anything similar? I went back into meditation the next day and couldn't duplicate it.

• Like 2

Just chi rushing through the body. Don't worry about duplicating it....if you continue onwards you'll have more experiences like this and many others.

• Like 2

Congrats :)

What you are experiencing is normal. You will experience a lot of stuff. Heat, itching, crawling sensations, wind blowing against you, visions, etc..

It is all very cool very normal and nothing to be afraid of.

The most important thing is when you are doing your practice is to let them all go. If you start to have such an experience treat it like a thought in meditation. Let it go and focus back on your practice. The "cool stuff" is just a distraction taking you away from your practice, from the depth of your practices that brought about the changes you are experiencing.

After your practices feel free to explore and enjoy such things but during practices don't get lost or distracted.  Your description of the event shows how once you focused on it, it went away.

Good luck on your path.

• Like 1

I felt heat the first few times I sat too. That shows an indication that the body isn't too healthy. Burning through blockages. Body getting more sensitive than before. Hormones readjusting in the body, causing 'hot flushes'. Got to get a better diet, exercise more, do more qigong and meditate more. :)

Still good, because gosh knows what will happen if you accumulate blockages in the body like that... it hides for a long time and comes back as nasty diseases. I notice that I get heat especially if I've just ate and sat down for a meditation - if you're doing that, please wait at least an hour and a half before trying to meditate after a meal. 

Edited by taoguy

3 hours ago, taoguy said:

Still good, because gosh knows what will happen if you accumulate blockages in the body like that... it hides for a long time and comes back as nasty diseases.

You will get immune disorder. ( autoimmune). Here is the schedule:

phase 1: human lives without any awareness. Time frame any. 

phase 2: human gets hit with "first bells ringing". Time frame: some get it in teens, some in 20s, some in 30s. I think it depends on location, culture, etc. 

phase 3: human starts "searching" outside of their point of reference. Usually finds something quick. In the past it was probably harder, but now with internet and google, I assume one would find their symptoms/issues in a matter of hours. 

phase 4: human starts to engage in practice. Meditation, taichi, reiki, yoga, whatever western/christian version of "healing", "happy thoughts", etc. Time frame : weeks to few years of "regular practice". First "ball of crap" is usually cleared. Crap can be anywhere in the body ( any body: physical/energy/spiritual)

phase 5: human either loses interest in practice ( issue is healed) or human hits "second bells" where sh&t is so so much harder and nothing which worked before does not anymore. I.e. meditation does not calm, yoga does not do, christian priests suddenly presented in a strange light/ etc. Time frame: any, from seconds to timelives. 

phase 6: option 1: human gives up and spends 10 years in "oblivion" hoping to wing it". Immune decease develops and human dies from "hospital care" or tired of "beatings" goes back to practice and works through mounted crap.  option 2: human is warned about option 1 ( i.e. you can take a break for 10 years, but you will still have to deal with this sh&t). Human is screaming and complaining yet is working towards "love and light" which does not seem like reality anymore. Those who had been there before tell human that it is possible to pass through this and there will be relief. 

source: my conversation with Sifu yesterday. I assume there is no need to say who is whining and complaining and scratching at option 2 and looking to see if perhaps option 1 is a better deal at this point. 

p.s. aint all cupcakes and rainbows

p.p.s. The toxic heat is in my lungs and head right now along with psychosomatic pain all over the body. Random acu points are opening and shooting pain out and it gets better, but then another one opens and does it. I have noise canceling headphones on as not to take any outside energy right now. It helps with sleeping. Although sleeping is very painful too, like "psychic surgery" continues, only my being does it itself in a dream. Draining lots of black blood (? not as thick as oil but close) out of my fingers and taking black bugs out. Since we did meditation yesterday, I assume it will last about 24-48 hours. Note, this is a process about 5 month into almost weekly 4-6 hour a day sessions. Not sure if it is possible to turn this cat into a tiger. Please do not feel sorry for me nor send any energy ( I know some of you kind souls), this is just a process described very well. Thought I would share about "toxic heat" part, so people do not freak out when it happens. I just reiterate, I hope you have a good teacher by your side when you do this. Frying your brains aint good. I thank God every day I have knowledgeable Sifu. I don't tell Sifu how much I appreciate his help though. Don't want to look so desperate I guess...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

The most important thing is when you are doing your practice is to let them all go. If you start to have such an experience treat it like a thought in meditation. Let it go and focus back on your practice. The "cool stuff" is just a distraction taking you away from your practice, from the depth of your practices that brought about the changes you are experiencing.

+1

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this