ALA

The best rejuvenative/reversing aging qigong (Yi Ren?)

HI, Does anyone have any experience with Yi Ren Qigong? I have come across it when googling menopause reversal. I found this article http://www.qigongedu.com/2012/03/energy-medicine-yi-ren-qigong-menopause-low-testosterone/ 

It says that Yi Ren Qigong can potentially reverse menopause. It is quite a statement.

What would the best qigong be to reverse aging, rejuvenate, for longevity, restoring fertility, anti aging, youth, health, spirit, mind etc  (you get my drift )? There are so many options and claims out there. I do realize that I will not be 20 again :( but I will take what I can :)

We ( me and my sister) do you not want to waste time on things that do not work.

Thanks a lot

No takers?

I am shocked. I thought you guys would be all over my question.

Did I post it in a wrong area and nobody sees it or something (LOL)?

Thank you.

There's a ton of great qigong styles out there!

some are more well known than others, but it doesn't mean they are any better or worse.

my advice is it's better to try it and not like it then to pass up what might be a great practice for you. 

Qigong can have very positive benefits for people. Your mileage may vary

Also so you can try searching the forums, someone may have posted about it in the past 

On 6/14/2017 at 0:28 PM, ALA said:

We ( me and my sister) do you not want to waste time on things that do not work.

pick a system in which you have faith in

without faith none of the systems will work.

it's that simple

all qigongs are the "same" if you understand the "master template".

perhaps i-ching would answer more to this

as cycles of being born-maturity-death in nature

you want to reverse the cycle

you have to work

you will not gain youthfulness and immortality by watching a video or eating a "secret pill" for 9.99

perhaps you should look into "female qigong" google searches and find some teachers ( female) near you? if she is 50 and looks 25, perhaps it is worth studying with her? and if she is 25 and looks 50, perhaps it would not worth it? 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 3:28 PM, ALA said:

I do realize that I will not be 20 again :( but I will take what I can :)

On 6/15/2017 at 5:38 PM, ALA said:

No takers?

I am shocked. I thought you guys would be all over my question.

When we approach something in terms of what we are getting our of it, the relationship is one of desire.

It is also common for business models to exploit desire in others by marketing things as such.

Thus on these boards, many have seen a lot of this and perhaps are not moved by claims.

In the dao de jing it is said that raising something up with big claims only invites its fall, while the practice of humility allows things to build up naturally without enmity and polarity.

Now, I don't know anything about the style you posted, but perhaps I can share some general principles.

When it comes to aging and qi, we are exploring a relationship between the manifest, material realm (healthy body), and the mysterious subtle realm. In terms of qi, both sides exist within us, and we tend to face life by ever pushing ahead, day to day, without doing much in the way of returning and settling into the depths within. In this way we tend to draw upon the reserves within the mysterious in order to fuel the health of the manifest.

It is good to keep this formula in mind:

Always without desire we must be found,
If its deep mystery we would sound;
But if desire always within us be,
Its outer fringe is all that we shall see.

So, it is by becoming empty and still, and letting go of desire that we are able to rekindle connection with the mysterious.

Doing some type of energy (qi) work (gong) to stir up and regulate one's energy (qi), and then settling into meditation and allowing one to become empty, is a good general formula for working away the things blocking one from connection to the mysterious. Sincerity is key, time is key, and harmonious equanimity is key. If we live very hectic lives with lots of dynamic emotional changes and stresses, we seriously tax our energy, making it more difficult and even uncomfortable to return within. The longer we may try to spend in not thinking about things and not actively pursuing things, the more uncomfortable and difficult things can be. It takes time, and qigong and awareness of natural breathing (resting the mind on the fullness of the breath) are great ways to work toward this goal.

Just trying to share some general principles related to working with energy. A good teacher can be very valuable in helping safely guide one into a balanced approach to working with energy over time. It is not merely about learning the exercises, but more importantly in learning to regulate the exercises gradually over time as one's mind is able to dissolve and integrate more deeply into the spiritual aspect of what is happening within one's body.

I would recommend any teachers who seem to radiate a gentle calm and graceful presence, with bright eyes that seem to contain a deep knowingness. Avoid teachers who talk too much, as the emphasis should be on getting out of the mind and  into the body, rather than filling the mind with new concepts to think about. Of course any teacher will likely use explanations to help their students, but the purpose of these should be to provide a framework that is then worked within without needing continuous mental exploration. In the actual practice, a few words here and there are plenty. But most of all just trust your intuition about someone.

I would recommend this book specifically for the deeper layers of transformative energy work for women.

• Like 3